“Very good Asian fusion”

Price range: US$0 - US$40
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Tasso & Webster
Description: Tamarine is a contemporary Vietnamese restaurant that features the light but flavor-intensive culinary delicacies of Vietnam. The restaurant offers a menu based on small plates, promoting the Vietnamese tradition of the 'shared' meal in which food is shared and enjoyed with those close. Tamarine's small plate entrees are enjoyed with the pairing of a variety of aromatic, flavor infused rice, designed to be mixed and matched to create a truly unique flavor experience. Along with culinary delicacies of Vietnam, the restaurant showcases the works of emerging artists from Vietnam and other Southeast Asian countries.
Reviewed 23 July 2014

This is a very popular spot in downtown Palo Alto, with many regulars among the professors and students. Reservations are therefore advisable. The menu is broad with a good selection of classics and innovative items. The staff is friendly.

1  Thank checkpointcheryl
There are newer reviews for Tamarine Restaurant

Reviewed 18 July 2014

The service here was a joke when I went. I have Celiac Disease and must maintain a strict gluten-free diet. They have some gluten-free items on the menu, but I would not declare them Celiac-safe. When I explained my needs to our waiter, he said “OK so extra bread and soy sauce,” which isn’t at all funny to someone with a life-threatening allergy. I requested to speak to the manager and he gave me attitude for asking that. I ended up asking for steamed vegetables and plain white rice and it wasn’t even that good or worth all the hassle. I hope they’ve changed by now!

1  Thank GoSeeGlutenFree
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Nice lounge bar, good food...too packed...way overrated in my view...don't take me wrong it's an ok place but not among the best in Palo Alto...

Reviewed 3 July 2014

We've been at Tamarine as part of a larger crowd and the restaurant has organized a set menu for us. The quality of the food and level of detail was convincing and a great experience. Service was on point and the overall setting of the place did in total leave us with a wonderful evening.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

One of the nicest places to eat on University Avenue, the food is interesting and delicious, service attentive. It is not cheap, but worth the money for both a business lunch/dinner or a nice night out with family and friends, nobody will be disappointed.