“Authentic and personable Italian”
Review of Terun

Terun
Ranked #7 of 362 Restaurants in Palo Alto
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Recently, we had our second meal at Terrone. The wood fired pizzas are exactly as you would find in San Giminiano or Sienna, Florence. Ultra thin and bubbly thin on the edges. The margherita pizza is amazing. My husband and I both enjoyed our meals of Salmon with an olive sauce I can't describe, but it was amazing and the chicken with a tomato sauce and crispy roasted potatoes. Just delicious. Usually we enjoy wine with our dinner, but the cocktails we opted for again, fresh and delicious with muddled mint and berries. The atmosphere is so lively and the patio seating out back makes you feel at home. The best part for me was our waiter and those around him are from Italy so if you have visited and long for the accent to reminisce of visits past this will do it for you. Can't say enough about this place. It really feels so good to be here and the service is spot on.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

No wine list, salad was fine, tomato sauce on the pizza tasted soapy. Loud interior with kids yelling around us. I have no plans to go back.

2  Thank bensmom59
Reviewed 27 July 2013

If you are searching for a real pizza, a very good one you are in the right pizza. Nothing to do with New York or Chicago style, they don't put pinapple on the pizza, bujt they do the pizza in the proper way, the same way it has been done in Italy for 500 years. Believe me, I was born few kilometers from Naples and lived there till I was 25 years ols and I know how the real pizza looks like. Furthermore the owners are very nice and the environment very friendly. really worth to try it.

Reviewed 3 July 2013

We visited Terrone on a Sunday evening to have dinner with friends. There were 7 of us in our party and we were seated on the patio at the rear of the restaurant. It isn't fancy, but it is pleasant to sit outside on a warm evening. There were two other large groups 10+ that were seated on the patio at approximately the same time, which did seem to impact service. Our waiter was friendly and helpful, but if felt like he and the other staff were racing to serve us. When food came out, there was no attempt to deliver it to the appropriate person; the waiter just stood at the end of the table and said "Who had the steak? Who had the fish?" The meals mostly came together, but there was a "straggler" at each course. The food itself was good. My husband and I had the steak which is a huge portion served with a salad and fries. The fries are super thin cut which can be good if they are really hot. My son ordered pasta and got what appeared to be an appetizer portion. Our friends ordered pizza which looked delicious - very thin crust and could be shared by two with moderate appetites. Big eaters should get their own. We tried a number of desserts including the torte, the mousse, and the Creme Brulee. All were good and reasonable sized portions. Again, two moderate appetites could share, but big eaters (teens) will want per person. There is a good sized wine and beer list, and also of note, bar drinks including some Italian style speciality drinks. I would definitely return and try some other menu options, as the food was on the whole well prepared and it is a pleasant spot. Hope they can work out the kinks in service over time.

Reviewed 30 June 2013 via mobile

Thanks to a friend's recommendation, we discovered a wonderful Italian restaurant on California Avenue in Palo Alto.

The food was light, flavorful, and interesting. We especially enjoyed the explosion of flavors in the Carmel Gelato with Sea Salt and Olive Oil dessert -- a clearly GREAT dish.

We also enjoyed the very, very, very thin crust pizza. On a hot day like today the Pear pizza with pear slices beautifully balanced with gorganzolla cheese was a favorite, as was our 2nd pizza topped with cold Mozarella cheese and arugula.

The atmosphere was casual and comfortable with a comfortable noise level and attentive and knowledgable server.

A HIGH RECOMMENDATION FOR DATE NIGHT OR DINNER WITH FRIENDS!