“Best pizza and best service!”
Review of Terun

Terun
Ranked #7 of 374 Restaurants in Palo Alto
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Tricolore, pera & gorgonzola, porcini pizza... OMG, they are all so yummy! I always have a hard time picking my pizza. Not only is the food wonderful, but also there are no words to describe the warmth of the servers at Terun. This is of my fav places in the Bay Area.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

Terun is an italian-ish place on California Ave in Palo Alto, and is OPEN UNTIL 10 PM!
2 stars for that alone, since we went there late and needed dinner.

We started with the Caprese, which was soft, delicious mozarella with fresh heirloom tomatoes of various types - simply wonderful!

My wife had the cavatelli special, I had the eggplant parmesan, both very very good, and in portions that were not too large - just right for what we wanted.

We didn't order pizza tonight, since we didn't want something too big, but we've both had lunch here before, and can recommend the pizza too - light, fresh ingredients, very tasty.

Service was good, but the restaurant was closing by the time we finished with the cannoli. They were out of the grappa I ordered, but to make up for it, gave us a replacement at no charge.

Check it out if you need dinner on California Ave. in Palo Alto especially if it's after 9 PM, when the rest of the town is closed (no wonder so many tech hackers are moving to SF!)

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Sitting outside on the (much more relaxed) patio, sipping Barolo (who has this wine by the glass?), one can only conclude that this restaurant is a major contribution to the usually overpriced and underwhelming Palo Alto dining scene. The pizza is divine - especially considering I spent most of my life believing that the usual, boring, floury-tasting thick crust was pizza. This is Roman-style thin, with lots of options for topping that are creative but not overloaded with unnecessary complications. This place feels Italian in its presentations and menu and I will be back as often as I can.

1  Thank sunshine_susan
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

This is an exaggeration. The meat fish and vegetable dishes are outstanding. The salads are very fresh and tasty too. However, I love to have a pizza as a starter and split it with friends, which isn't fair if any of them on our on a gluten free diet. I recommend the pizza, the steak with arugula, all the veg dishes but especially peas and chard. Portions are large and good for sharing. The manager and owners are often there, making sure all is well. It's very busy sometimes, and quite naturally, the staff can get behind,

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Had a business lunch at Terun. Had the San Daniele pizza with prosciutto, cremini mushrooms and arugula. So fresh and delicious! My client had eggplant parmigiano, which I tried and was excellent. The pizzas are healthy portions -- did not come close to finishing. Food was really excellent and the service was very good. Ambiance is casual, nothing fancy. Would certainly return for lunch and/or a casual dinner.