“Quiet, Secret LUXURY”

GreenLeadersSilver level
San Francisco, United States
“Quiet, Secret LUXURY”
Reviewed 1 April 2014

From the instant smiles upon check in, to the serene suite near the top of the hotel, I was transported to another place and time. Huge, safe, and well-lit hallways and very interesting art and design tell me a great deal of thought and attention to detail went into this boutique hotel. Bravo, for another GREAT hotel from JDV -- I'll be back!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
LorenzMaurer, General Manager at The Epiphany, a Joie de Vivre Hotel, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Dear Scott F,

Thank you so much for your kind words. Great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you liked our design! I'm looking forward to welcome you back in the near future!

lmaurer@jdvhotels.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Modern, sleek look with an environmentally conscious tone. The room was peaceful and beautiful. The decorating details were unique in my experience with hotels. Probably the nicest place I've stayed for work in the past five years. The front desk team was eager and helpful and the bellman (I usually turn down the offer of assistance) introduced me to the sliding/tilting glass door to my deck, the espresso machine, and other novelties.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

LorenzMaurer, General Manager at The Epiphany, a Joie de Vivre Hotel, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Dear jedwards_10,

What a pleasure to read your review! Thank you for taking the time - this really means a lot. I will make sure to share your positive words with the entire team and hope to welcome you back to the Epiphany Hotel very soon!

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 28 March 2014

My family of four stayed here recently while my husband had business in Palo Alto. Although it had only opened several days prior, our visit ran very smoothly and we loved the hotel.

Room: Everything is top quality, from the linens and towels, to the bath products. The room is very nicely designed, but a bit cramped for a family of four. I was afraid the beds were too soft for my liking, but I got an amazing night's sleep in them, which is rare for me. It would have been nice to have a small fridge in the room, though. Definitely ask for a room on the even-numbered side of the building, as trash trucks and street noise will disturb you on the odd-numbered side.

Service: We were treated with warmth and friendliness from the moment we pulled up. The hotel is valet parking only. All of the valets and bellmen were unfailingly friendly, helpful and polite. (Ralph, Manuel, Kyle and Adam come to mind.) I know they are trained to be like that, but my two boys (ages 10 and 13) honestly felt like they were their friends. The valets made it a point to have conversations with all of us, and it made our weeklong visit extra pleasant. Every staff member was a pleasure to deal with during our stay.

Location: When you walk out of the lobby, you have all kinds of restaurants, bars, etc. you can walk to. There are also drugstores, and other shopping nearby. As a hotel guest, you have access to a cute little gym across the street. You really cannot beat the perfect location, as well as easy access to the CalTrain station and the freeways.

Definitely give this hotel a try! You will love everything about it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the even-numbered side. It does not have a great view, but it's quieter.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear MamaBear6,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor. We very much enjoyed having you and your family as one of our first guests! Thanks to your feedback we were able to change the trash pick-up times with the City of Palo Alto - this will certainly improve the quiet time in the morning.

I will make sure to share your very positive feedback with Adam, Manuel, Kyle, Ralph and all our other staff members!

I hope to welcome you back to the Epiphany Hotel in the very near future!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 March 2014

The Epiphany is a new hotel in Palo Alto (it had been opened for just a week when I stayed). The rooms are super-comfortable and well designed. Compared to other hotels in Silicon Valley, even the big chains, the price was competitive - even at $250/night. I guess the price could go up when it's a little more established.

Situated very close to the heart of Palo Alto and within walking distance of the main restaurants, amenities and the university, it's a great location. Service was friendly and helpful (though they were having one o0r two teething problems in the bar/restaurant that I'm sure will be ironed out shortly). They made it their business to know my name - even the car valet guys. I had a premium deluxe king room - the balcony looking out over Palo Alto was great. There's a gym across the road. Valet parking.

Overall an excellent place. I wish them tremendous luck with their new venture.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Stan W
CamperE, General Manager at The Epiphany, a Joie de Vivre Hotel, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Dear Stan,

Thank you for taking the time and write a review on Tripadvisor about your stay at the Epiphany Hotel. We very much appreciate your kind words. I will make sure to share your comments with the entire team at the Epiphany.

We are looking forward to welcome you back in the very near future!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Palo Alto
Creekside Inn
Creekside Inn
#6 of 27 in Palo Alto
Four Seasons Hotel Silicon Valley at East Palo Alto

Been to The Epiphany, a Joie de Vivre Hotel? Share your experiences!