“The most quiet rooms ever”

The Epiphany, a Joie de Vivre Hotel
Ranked #1 of 27 Hotels in Palo Alto
GreenLeadersSilver level
Lawrence, Kansas
“The most quiet rooms ever”
Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed 3 nights and never heard a sound from any adjoining rooms. The room has a wonderful bed that made it hard to leave. The location is excellent and the decor is very cool. We didn't try the restaurant attached, but it was always busy so it must be good. What a nice hotel!

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank nobellhops
LorenzMaurer, General Manager at The Epiphany, a Joie de Vivre Hotel, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Dear Nobellhops,

Thank you for taking the time to post on Tripadvisor. We very much appreciate your feedback. Great to hear that our hotel is very quiet while being in the middle of downtown. We invested in a great sliding door/window system which gives you access to our balconies while at the same time cancel out noise from the outside.

Looking forward to welcome you back in the very near future and I'm hoping you will have a chance to try our Restaurant Lure + Till.

lmaurer@jdvhotels.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 13 May 2014

In the heart of Palo Alto, close to Stanford, yet at the same time a cocooning hotel room that makes one think of weekends at Granma's though in a much more comfortable context.. It is as if the shadowy fuzzy images of wallpaper birds come to life at sunrise and sunset with borrowed birdsong from the real world. The rustic wood panelling and shadowy fuzzy tree images on the carpet transport one to the country and yet when the double glazed balcony doors are open Palo Alto beckons with its cacophony of offerings. The hotel staff live up to the joie de vivre label and everything is made easy for the traveller. Sitting at breakfast warmed by overhead heaters watching the world go by on Hamilton is a perfect way to start the day.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Peripateticce
Dear Peripateticce,

I very much enjoyed reading your review - thank you so much for taking the time. I'm glad you liked our downtown location as well as the decor. It's really a great privilege to have such a great location in our fantastic town!

650 666-3330
Wells, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Well located, beautifully designed and fitted. Extremely comfortable and excellent service. The breakfast menu was poor but there are plenty of options over the road. It takes over from the Garden Court!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Michael F
LorenzMaurer, General Manager at The Epiphany, a Joie de Vivre Hotel, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Dear Michael F,

Thank you for posting a review on Tripadvisor! We very much appreciate your feedback. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and I welcomed your comments regarding our breakfast selection.

I look forward to welcome you back to the Epiphany Hotel very soon!

Silicon Valley, CA
Reviewed 8 May 2014

We spent a night in May '14 at the Epiphany for our anniversary. The rooms are modern yet warm. Beds were comfortable, shower was excellent and we liked the espresso maker. The service was wonderful - inviting and thorough. I've always enjoyed JDV hotels and this one lived up to their standards.

Room Tip: Not sure if it is necessary to pay for an upper floor room as the view is of the roof of the buildin...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank travelfan26
LorenzMaurer, General Manager at The Epiphany, a Joie de Vivre Hotel, responded to this review, 10 May 2014
Dear travelfan26,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor about your stay at the Epiphany Hotel. We very much appreciate your feedback and are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay.

I truly hope to welcome you back to the Epiphany Hotel in the very near future!

Austin, Texas
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Initially, I was drawn to the Epiphany because my standard hotel in Palo Alto was sold out. For years I've been a fan of Chip Conley, the founder and former manager of Joie de Vivre, so I decided to test out the new property.

Although I knew it would be nice, I didn't expect the amazing 24 hours of unparalleled service that I got. Adam, the bellman, was amazing! He found out that I was relocating to the area and immediately made me feel at home. He and the front desk staff purchased me a house-warming present and helped me haul my luggage .5 miles on a dolly in order to get to my new apartment. Unbelievable!

As someone who travels regularly for business and pleasure, I can honestly say I've never gotten the level of experience that I received during my stay at the Epiphany.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank deirdrewalsh
LorenzMaurer, General Manager at The Epiphany, a Joie de Vivre Hotel, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Dear Deirdre Walsh,

Welcome to Palo Alto! I'm so glad to hear that we were able to help with your move. We do know that moving to a new area can be stressful. I will make sure to share your very nice comments with Adam and the entire team.

Many thanks for taking the time to post on Tripadvisor. I hope we will see you often at our Restaurant Lure + Till or indeed at our Hotel if you need a 'staycation"

Santa Barbara, California
Reviewed 1 May 2014

It was luck that this hotel had opened right before we needed to be be in Palo Alto for a week. The staff are beyond courteous, considerate, and caring. Too many wonderful people to name, but a couple helpful employees were Joe and Ralph. From check-in to check-out everyone was sincerely kind and I was actually sad to leave! Our father was at Standford for surgery to remove lung cancer...the hotel sent flowers to our room. We wouldn't have had that same compassion at the The Sheraton down the street so I feel fortunate we stayed at The Epiphany. Also, the rooms are clean and spacious with a modern feel. Our Junior Suite was perfect with a separated living area and worth the extra cost for space. We checked into a 5 star hotel in Scottsdale the following week and the service couldn't compare to the Epiphany! This has to be the best hotel in Palo Alto due to service, quality of room and location!

Room Tip: Pick a Junior Suite on a high floor
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
LorenzMaurer, General Manager at The Epiphany, a Joie de Vivre Hotel, responded to this review, 3 May 2014
Dear firstreview931,

Thank you so much for taking the time and write a review on Tripadvisor about your stay at the Epiphany Hotel. I will make sure to share your positive feedback with Ralph, Joe and the entire team. I'm glad we were able to make your stay as seamless as possible due to the difficult circumstances of your visit.

Again, thank you so much for your valuable feedback.

Encinitas, California
Reviewed 23 April 2014

This hotel has only been open about 5 weeks. GREAT service, GREAT location and GREAT beds. The staff was extremely friendly and very helpful. The rooms were modern and very well decorated and appointed, all the way to the upscale snacks and in-room espresso machine. Very cool vibe. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Footballginger
LorenzMaurer, General Manager at The Epiphany, a Joie de Vivre Hotel, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Dear Footballginger,

Thank you for taking the time to post on Tripadvisor - we very much appreciate feedback from our Guests. Glad you liked our Illy Espresso maker, aren't these just great?

Looking forward to welcome you back in the very near future!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Palo Alto
Creekside Inn
Creekside Inn
#6 of 27 in Palo Alto
Four Seasons Hotel Silicon Valley at East Palo Alto

Been to The Epiphany, a Joie de Vivre Hotel? Share your experiences!