“Flawless”

Nobu Hotel, Epiphany Palo Alto
Ranked #1 of 27 Hotels in Palo Alto
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

There is absolutely nothing that I can complain about with this hotel. From check-in to check-out, the service was impeccable and flawless. The room was spotless and inviting - shower good, bed comfy, air conditioning great. I was especially impressed with the ability to tie my iPad or iPhone into their tv display and watch videos and Netflix on the flat screen tv in the room.
I would not hesitate to stay here again. It was truly ideal. Everyone I know who goes to Palo Alto will hear about this hotel from me.

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Jennifer C
LorenzMa, General Manager at Nobu Hotel, Epiphany Palo Alto, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear Jennifer C,

Thank you for posting such a great review on Tripadvisor! Good to hear that you like our technology solutions - they are designed to make your stay more convenient by letting you use your own content from your personal device while taking advantage of our 47" Samsung TV's!

I'm very much looking forward to welcome you back to the Epiphany Hotel!

Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Nice modern type room. The bed and pillows are super comfy, waking up with no aching body. The air-condition unit is placed in the wrong area. When one closes the curtain the cold air goes underneath the curtain leaving the room warm. We had to place a few things to press the curtain to the window for the cold air to go through. Apart from that everything was better than expected.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Samsez

Dear Samsez,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor. Your feedback is very important to us. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Epiphany hotel. We do have an existing set up to tie back the curtain but I will discuss with my team on how to communicate this better.

Again, thank you for posting on Tripadvisor and I'm looking forward to welcome you back in the very near future.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

I am more used to plush, so,the new contemporary hotel concepts are not my cup,of tea,,however thus one offered a boutique that is located in the heart of activity among restaurants and right across from a gourmet yogurt shop, and large clean rooms.
The entrances either bring You into an adjacent restaurant or the hotel lobby. Clerks are friendly and a hot cup of delicious coffee will greet you on arrival. The only drawback is a single elevator for the 8 floors. Business center is 3 fast computers and a printer on the mezzanine. Rooms are large, the theme is trees and carpets, walls, and a lighted tree in the bathroom mirror echo this design. Bed is large and very comfortable due to a breathable overlay that feels like fur,,pillows comfortable,,and plentiful. The working wall desk,is well lighted and accessible. All electric outlets are covered and flat into the horizontal working surface. TV is large and there are ample goodies and libations for sale in drawers or fridge. Closet is closed with a curtain but inside is an ironing board, iron, safe and bathrobes. Bathroom is very large but toilet is not separated. Tub shower has great shower heads including hand held and larger flat rain type. Amenities are in 8 oz reusable bottles and are a high quality product. Mine were all full. The outer wall was glassed in with a balcony so the outside could be enjoyed as well.
This property does boutique hotels well and is deserving of a visit.

Room Tip: Ask for a street view.
1  Thank hotelmavin
LorenzMa, General Manager at Nobu Hotel, Epiphany Palo Alto, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear hotelmavin,

Thank you very much for your detailed report on Tripadvisor. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the Epiphany during your stay and hope to welcome you back very soon!

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

This design-centric hotel is great fun. You'll be inspired by the aesthetic and soothed by the vibe. It's downright challenging to choose at which great restaurant in the surrounding area to dine. (There's a great landmark diner just across the street!) You can also spend your brains out just a few blocks away at the beautiful mall. (FYI, the actual center of the Stanford campus is really too far away to walk to.)

There's a workout facility that hotel guests can use across the street (but check the weekend hours--they open rather late then). Wish they had a pool!

HOWEVER, BE WARNED: if on a Friday or Saturday you stay on any of the floors lower than five, you WILL get a lot of music noise from the bar/restaurant on the first floor.

Stayed: July 2014
CamperE, General Manager at Nobu Hotel, Epiphany Palo Alto, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear SacAnnie,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor. I'm very pleased to hear that you liked the Hotel Design as well as the great location!

I'm looking forward to welcome you back to the Epiphany Hotel in the very near future!

Reviewed 20 July 2014

I was lucky enough to stay at the Epiphany for a week while I attended a conference at Stanford. I loved everything about this hotel! The room was so bright and welcoming that I never wanted to leave it. The staff at the hotel were exceptionally warm, welcoming and friendly, from the doormen to the managers they had a polite and engaging manner. I cannot say enough good things about this hotel. I have stayed at many 4 and 5 star hotels in Palo Alto but now I will only come to the Epiphany! They also have bikes that you can use and that made navigating Stanford easy and fun. This is a truly wonderful hotel; I cannot recommend it high enough.

Room Tip: I was on the 7th floor and the room was very quiet. They do have an active bar so I would be carefu...
1  Thank jmhc
LorenzMaurer, General Manager at Nobu Hotel, Epiphany Palo Alto, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear jmhc,

I'm very pleased to read that you will be coming back to stay at the Epiphany Hotel! Thank you so much for the nice words! I'm glad to hear that you were able to enjoy the complimentary Hotel bikes and were able to explore Palo Alto and Stanford!

Looking forward to welcome you back very soon!

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Friendly staff, great service, but no complimentary breakfast for the price is a bit unfortunate. The rooms are soothing and relaxing and are very clean. Definitely would stay there again for my business trips.

• Stayed: July 2014

Dear Brooke J,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor. We very much appreciate your valuable feedback.

I'm looking forward to welcome you back very soon!

Reviewed 20 July 2014

I stayed here for four nights by myself for business meetings. I have stayed at other options in the area and have been underwhelmed to say the least. The Epiphany, by contrast, was incredibly pleasant. I'd stay there again in a heartbeat.

WHY YOU'D LIKE THE EPIPHANY
1. Comfortable, aesthetically pleasing rooms. The room had a great bed, efficient working area, sofa with working space, balcony, very nice bathroom with separate toilet. I understand why the toilet could be separated but did not like it that way. The bathroom was equipped with Malin + Goetz toiletries - very high quality but in large bottles. I like to take my toiletries home, but having large bottles is a good way to balance quality and eco-friendliness.
2. Location. Part of my issue with other hotels in the area is lack of ability to walk to surrounding restaurants and shops. This is particularly problematic if you want to get to downtown Palo Alto, where traffic and parking is a mess. I used my valet parking privilege to visit a branch for my company when I was time constrained. Not to mention dinners and drinks. No need to cab it anywhere or limit my consumption.
3. Valet parking. I have not seen this anywhere else - texting the valet and their giving me an ETA on the vehicle. What a concept! It is incredibly convenient.
4. Restaurant. I had breakfast (extremely good and relaxing) and on two separate nights - dinner. Portions are not huge at dinner but the food is tasty. The servers are efficient and have good opinions on the menu. You can eat on the patio and there are heat lamps.
WHY YOU MIGHT NOT LIKE THE EPIPHANY
A. Not affiliated with a chain. I've stayed at Hyatts 38 nights this year so it was hard for me to break my loyalty. But staying here is worth it, trust me.
B. The bar. The restaurant and the bar are one and the same (partially separated by a wall) but the experience is different. The cocktails are good but they are ridiculously small. And the bar side of Lure + Till gets overwhelmed on Thursday nights. Some patrons think very highly of themselves and tend to take up a lot of space. It's not good place to grab an after work drink. And it closes at 10:30!!!
C. Price. The Epiphany is kind of expensive but I am shocked at how much other area hotels can charge for what they offer.

Room Tip: Pick an even numbered room. This faces the rear of the hotel.

Dear gocats89,

Thank you so much for your nice comments regarding your recent stay at the Epiphany Hotel. I very much appreciated your extensive comments. Your valuable feedback will help us to fine tune our operation. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

I'm looking forward to welcome you in the very near future!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Palo Alto
Hilton Garden Inn Palo Alto
Stanford Park Hotel
Stanford Park Hotel
#1 of 11 in Menlo Park

Been to Nobu Hotel, Epiphany Palo Alto? Share your experiences!