“The Ephiphany Hotel has a great staff!”

The Epiphany, a Joie de Vivre Hotel
Ranked #1 of 27 Hotels in Palo Alto
GreenLeadersSilver level
Davis
“The Ephiphany Hotel has a great staff!”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

The staff from the front desk, valet, doorman, and restaurant host were all very friendly and helpful. The rooms were well decorated and very clean. The location was great. Loved my stay and would stay again.

• Stayed August 2014
LorenzMa, General Manager at The Epiphany, a Joie de Vivre Hotel, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear Olympicshopper,

Thank you for your kind words regarding our service and our staff! I'll make sure to share your comments with our entire team at the Epiphany.

I'm looking forward to welcome you back in the very near future!

lmaurer@jdvhotels.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Sunnyvale, California
Reviewed 12 August 2014

A hip,stylish boutique jewel with exceptional staff in the heart of the Silicon Valley.

As 4 to 5 star as any boutique can get.

I have stayed at many boutique hotels in a few cities including San Fran and this was definitely one of the best. I loved the modern sophisticated Euro/Danish decor, lighting, ambiance, amenities, bedding, shower, shower products, espresso machine -- all aesthetically stimulating and excellent.

The staff service at the hotel and restaurant bar was exceptional.

Bar and restaurant food were better than expected with respect to quality; price and value were as expected at any good hotel.

Once parked (valet) , a great location for trying out all restaurants in downtown Palo Alto or heading to the indie theaters or for a business trip to Silicon Valley (as compared with some of the bigger chains) or if you don't want to sleep on a cot or chair overnight at Stanford Hospital when you have a loved one staying there, this is a wonderful place 8 minutes away to take care of yourself.

I will be bringing my husband back for a fun overnight in downtown Palo Alto and recommending the hotel for both business and pleasure.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Tammy T
LorenzMa, General Manager at The Epiphany, a Joie de Vivre Hotel, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Dear Tammy T,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor. I will make sure to share your very nice comments with the entire staff. I'm glad to hear that you liked our decor and our great location, as well as the service from our staff!

I'm looking forward to welcome you and your husband in the very near future!

Washington
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I really enjoyed my three nights at this relatively new hotel. My room was compact yet had everything I needed, including an illy coffee machine, multiple charging stations, and a spacious shower. My toilet was in a separate closet from where the shower and sink were, which took some getting used to, but worked well for one person. The gym facilities are right across the street, but I didn't mind. The staff were impeccable and even asked when we planned to head out to meetings in the mornings and would have our car waiting for us. Location was perfect, lots of restaurants and stores right around the corner. There are not many rooms on a floor, which made it nice and quiet. I loved this hotel and would definitely stay there again on business or vacation.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back side of the hotel
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
LorenzMa, General Manager at The Epiphany, a Joie de Vivre Hotel, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear palena,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the Illy espresso machines and that you liked our great location in the heart of Palo Alto!

I'm looking forward to welcome you back to the Epiphany in the very near future!

Edmonton
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

I spent a week at this hotel while at a conference. It was beautiful! The king size bed, with its many pillows, in the nicely air-conditioned room, was so inviting at the end of a hot, busy day. The bathroom and shower were gorgeous, with elegant shampoos and soaps.

Located downtown, only steps away to many great restaurants (the one located on the main floor was delicious).

Service was impressive - I would definitely recommend a stay in this hotel.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Amberlee200
LorenzMa, General Manager at The Epiphany, a Joie de Vivre Hotel, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear Amberlee200,

Thank you for your nice words and for taking the time to post such a nice review on Tripadvisor! I will make sure to share it with the entire team!

Munich, Germany
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We stayed here for a weekend tennis tournament and absolutely loved it. The rooms are great, very spacious, clean design, comfy beds! The restaurant and bar are a hot spot for the local professional 30 something crowd so it was busy every night. Wait staff are friendly and attentive, especially Karen, who took great care of us each morning for breakfast. We will definitely be back soon!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank JoshK50
Dear Josh K,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay at the Epiphany. I will make sure to share your great feedback with Karen and the entire team!

I'm looking forward to welcome you back very soon!

Oviedo, Florida
Reviewed 2 August 2014

We stayed here for 4 nights and were so pleased! every person that worked here greeted us by name every time they saw us and were fantastic. The rooms were kitchy and fun and we had an espresso maker in ours along with a fantastic balcony.
location is fantastic!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear stacy b,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your stay at the Epiphany Hotel. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed our service and I look forward to welcome you back in the very near future!

Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

There is absolutely nothing that I can complain about with this hotel. From check-in to check-out, the service was impeccable and flawless. The room was spotless and inviting - shower good, bed comfy, air conditioning great. I was especially impressed with the ability to tie my iPad or iPhone into their tv display and watch videos and Netflix on the flat screen tv in the room.
I would not hesitate to stay here again. It was truly ideal. Everyone I know who goes to Palo Alto will hear about this hotel from me.

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Jennifer C
Dear Jennifer C,

Thank you for posting such a great review on Tripadvisor! Good to hear that you like our technology solutions - they are designed to make your stay more convenient by letting you use your own content from your personal device while taking advantage of our 47" Samsung TV's!

I'm very much looking forward to welcome you back to the Epiphany Hotel!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Palo Alto
#6 of 27 in Palo Alto
Sheraton Palo Alto Hotel
Sheraton Palo Alto Hotel
#15 of 27 in Palo Alto

Been to The Epiphany, a Joie de Vivre Hotel? Share your experiences!