“Different”

Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch
“Different”
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

I needed someone familiar with this place for clues on how to order. We had GIANT salads and split a sandwich, all very tasty. It wasn't crowded when we went at about 4. I guess it was typical for a college town eatery, but I was confused.

• Visited July 2014

San Francisco, California
“Great food, avoid noon to 1pm”
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

Pluto's was one of the first places in the Bay Area to offer customized salads, and also has real home style cooking like full roasted, carved turkey with stuffing and gravy (year round) and steak, chicken or grilled portabella mushroom sandwiches on ciabatta with carmelized onions. Usually a "side salad" with your choice of 7 toppings plus a meat or tofu is a full meal. The place is reasonably priced and healthy, so it's best to avoid at peak lunch hour.

• Visited May 2014
Menlo Park, CA
“Loud, slow and not worth the wait”
Reviewed 1 October 2013

We have been to Pluto's twice. Once to try it out and a second time (months later) to make sure we it wasn't really as bad an experience as we first thought.

We should have stopped at "once".

The menu is limited to salad, a couple of sandwiches, and a couple of dry, tough carved meats. Combine a limited menu and serviced salad bar with a confusing layout, lots of noise and cooks/servers who are utterly unhelpful and you've got a crumby start. Once you've managed to order, however, and wait in a clump of other folks milling about looking hungry and confused, you can guess which plate served up might be yours. You can then grab it and run to your sticky, filthy table. Salad was boring and only marginally fresh, "spuds of the day" tasted very instant, tri tip was dry and very tough, nothing worth eating much less waiting for.

• Visited October 2013
Singapore
“Huge Portion of Salad!”
Reviewed 30 September 2013

This is a great place to eat healthy without costing your tummy and wallet. The price is reasonable for Palo Alto neighborhood. The topping and dressing choices are great....plenty to choose for! You can also opt for meat or simply vegetarian. I really miss this kinda salad place after I moved to Singapore. Wish there is another Pluto in this Red Dot country ;-)

• Visited October 2012
New York City, New York
“Fresh salads with a wide variety of toppings”
Reviewed 12 August 2013

This place was exactly what I needed after a weekend of overeating indulgence. I ordered the large salad, which was HUGE. I was really hungry, and I only ate 2/3s of it. Next time I will order the small.

I got the Summer Solstice salad, which had peaches, spinach, dill, mint, scallions, and I substituted strawberries for the feta. It was really delicious. I also added some chicken, which was slightly dry.

Service was fast and really friendly. I found the prices reasonable. I got the aforementioned huge salad, my boyfriend got a sandwich loaded with meat and cheese, and we both got large iced teas for $20. The vibe was laid back and very casual, and it was a pleasant lunch date.

Visited August 2013