“Good Food with Interesting Atmosphere”

Palo Alto Creamery Fountain & Grill
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: University Ave
Transit: VTA 35, Caltrain
Reviewed 2 September 2014

This is a very popular restaurant that serves all types of people from millionaires to students. It has an old fashioned atmosphere and menu that features things like milk shakes and comfort food.
Food is very tasty and the service is great once you can get a table. Open for all three main meals, it is a good bet for a reasonable outing. Can be somewhat noisy. Try it; you'll like it.

There are newer reviews for Palo Alto Creamery Fountain & Grill

Reviewed 21 August 2014

1960's ambience, great ice cream in all its combinations, including pastries baked on the premises. this is refreshing among the "cool" places surrounding it in downtown P.A. The food and service are very good and attitude of owners and staff is welcoming and competent. We visit there whenever we visit the area and our rating is consistent over the years.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

This place pulls off the rare feat of being a classic diner without consciously being retro - it is what it is. Their large selection of breakfasts, burgers, sandwiches, entrees and blue plate specials are always generously portioned and delicious. They have an on-site bakery so dinner rolls, cornbread and even the burger buns are fresh and delicious. The real stars are the milkshakes; expertly made to the perfect thickness. My personal favorite dishes are the Patty Melt and the Southern Fried Chicken Salad with a Chocolate Malt. It's not the biggest restaurant so be prepared to wait a little bit at peak times - it's also not the cheapest place but its a decent value due to the high quality of the food. I don't get there as much as I used to since I moved from the area, but this was my go to spot whenever I wanted a great meal.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

The Creamery is one of our favorites. The milk shakes are made with real ice cream, and are terrific. I tried one of my daughter's favorites -- a grilled cheese with bacon sandwich; she was right -- it was very good. As usual, there were people there she knew -- it is a neighborhood place.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Even better than I remember it. Grew up here, and this is WAYcomfort food! I've probably eaten everything they make here and I have zero complaints--except maybe the calories--but hey, it's Palo Alto where even books and magazine taste like marzipan (at least according to Tom Wolfe)
;-)