“Food heaven”

Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Santa Cruz, California
“Food heaven”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Amazing food! Some of the best Asian food I have ever tried in my life, no doubt. The service was great and I usually come here once a month to enjoy a delicious meal!

Visited April 2014

• Arabic first
  • Korean first
San Francisco, California
“WOW ... Great Change!”
Reviewed 25 March 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

I've been going here for years even though the service can be hit or miss. Over the past year or so I've seen the quality of customer evaporate and have complained at least twice, which I normally don't do, but it was so bad one time I contacted their corporate office via e-mail as was given a $20 gift card and when I returned a month or so later I spent 20 minutes waiting at the bar just for a bill. I'd also noticed that during the past year almost everyone I had come to know over the years of going there was gone and the caliber of the new workers was horrible. Usually I don't really care about how someone looks, but it was certainly evident that the new staff that was hired skills didn't end with knowing about customer service, because most didn't even know how to dress and tuck in a shirt ... some looking like they just dragged themselves out of bed! So it was a BREATH OF FRESH AIR to see that the majority of the place had been remodeled and my waitress, who was relatively new, actually knew how to take care of a customer. When I asked about the update to the location she told me it was a "test" location and would be updating their menu. The food, still from the old menu was up to par and so was she and I was also greeted by the new manager. Then I was told if I did my PF Chang's Warrior Review at the restaurant I would get a coupon for free appetizers, so I can only assume that the quality of service at this location is on the corporate radar. Great experience and just hope they don't change the menu too drastically as I'm addicted to the Orange Chicken and Pan Fried Pork Dumplings. BYT their new desserts ... the wontons aren't really that great, but the Great Wall of China Cake and oddly the NY Cheesecake (wouldn't think of ordering that in a Chinese place) are the Cat's Pajamas ;D

Visited March 2014
East Hampton
“Outside of happy hour specials, terrible food.”
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Happy hour is great - nice spicy tuna rolls and some decent other choices, along with value beers and select cocktails. The full menu, however, is Asian influenced, at best, and not for serious Asian food lovers at all. Like a high-end Panda Cafe.

Visited February 2014
“Very good non-fast-food chinese”
Reviewed 10 January 2014

We were a group of 4
Service was great - polite, patient and friendly
Food was good - not over spiced, not too much sauce - right proportions and tastefull
The Crab wonton were great as well as the lemon-almonds chicken

Place was crowded but not noisy and the the setting was good
Liked it

• Visited January 2014
Redwood City, California
“A HORRIBLE 45 ANNIVERSARY THAT BROKE 2 SENIOR HEARTS”
Reviewed 30 December 2013

`My husband and I went in to celebrate our 45 anniversary. My husband choose this place to surprise me because I had gone to 1 in Fremont and 1 in Sunnyvale which I REALLY ENJOYED. Needless to say our happiness was shattered. In my husband overly happy mood shared this happy time with our waitress who nodded and walked away saying Happy Birthday. My husbands face dropped his mood darkened. TWICE the wrong plate of food was brought, when brought to the waitresses attention we were questioned AND treated as if we had Altimehers and forgot what we had ordered, when my husband got upset and asked her to look at the receipt ONLY then did she apologize and brought the right dishes which had been sitting on the counter, of course food was COLD. BY then all the food was cold, we had only ate the soup in the beginning, our stomachs soured with the events that followed.All my husband could say was pack it up we will take it, when she packed it up and went to get the bill, my husband said to get up and just leave the food. I couldn't do that it would be like leaving a penny tip, which mind you my husband was in the right for the horrible way we were treated and the cold food brought to our table. We just couldn't bring ourselves to complain right there in front of people and ruin there meals that was not the right place. Mind you my husband paid over $75.00 for a meal we through in a dumpster in the heat of what should have been Special for BOTH of us., and like many seniors on a limited income, my husband save up for this special night he thought would be special for me. When we did leave on the way out my husband did voice himself to some lady as we were leaving who could only say she's sorry as we walked out.We went home and cried our selves to sleep - on an empty stomach. The next day I type in our experience. The owner/manager it and called me, she said she posted what happened to us that previous night with NO ONE owning up to it because we paid cash, and the receipt was trashed with the food. The manager went out of her way to offer a free complete meal etc. BUT I told her my husband will NOT EVER go back in THAT restaurant because of the way we were treated and the cold food - which made it look disgusting and unappetizing. She said she would send coupons that we could use at a any PJs. that would provided the GOOD food and service we SHOULD HAVE received on our 45th Anniversary.We NEVER received them, I wished they were true to there word and send us a 85.00 food credit for ANY PJ'S were we could TRY to recapture that SPECIAL NIGHT.( this inc. the tip - which the manager said we shouldn't have paid for ANYTHING) Mind you the information we gave about our waitress who also worked as a bartender at a STEAK PLACE there in the mall along with the manager giving out 10.00 coupons that night the one my husband briefly talked to, proved we were there, this was NO joke, maybe ON US because of the way we were treated. On a scale of 1-10 that experience would be in the MINUS 10 - For the owner-manager who tried to appease us at least 7 for effort, I just wish we could be compensated for that evening - especially since she was the one who said we shouldn't have paid anything.

• Visited October 2013