“You want to come here if you have little ones”

Junior Museum & Zoo
Ranked #10 of 41 things to do in Palo Alto
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Trust me! When my kids were small, this was a favorite activity and we visited at least weekly. Sweet little pond, wonderful live animal exhibits and engaging, hands-on indoor exhibits. Just right for little ones.

Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

I brought my 1 year old here even though the reviews I read suggested this place is for kids a bit older. I'm glad I did. Mary Lou had a great time!

There is an indoor activity center with a cool insect theme. Different stations are set up with various activities and things to explore. There is even a baby area! We spent some time in there. She loved it.

Outdoors was really cool as well. I wish there was more interactive opportunities with the animals but it's cool just the same. Go during feeding time to really get a show.

Best of all..this place is free! They recommend a $5 donation per person. You'll want to donate for sure. They do great things here. Show your support so it can continue on for the next generation. :)

Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

We often go here with our kids. The exhibits rotate a few times a year and offer really cool hands on experiences for kids. The little zoo is great as well, with bats, bobcats, owls, snakes and many other animals. Highly recommended if you are in the area with little kids.

1  Thank joostPaloAlto
Reviewed 2 May 2014

if you need an activity for your kids.. (2-9) not to demanding where they can enjoy themselves and discover new things.. this is the perfect place.. animals, science experiments, structure to climb and play, and the bats... they are just the right "batastic" !
real good venue and it is free of charge.. but I am sure you won't leave without making a donation.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Great little museum and zoo!
Just the right size for kids, with a nice playground just outside.
There used to be a very tame raccoon in the zoo that loved to watch the children playing next door. (I wonder if it's still there?)

1  Thank RoxyPaloAlto