“Great place in PA”

Ranked #19 of 27 Hotels in Palo Alto
Stockholm, Sweden
“Great place in PA”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2013

We stayed for three nights. Roomy and clean, very friendly and helpful staff. Little bit outdated decor and poor kitchenette standard that doesnt meet requirements. But basically it is a good place to stay at. Good location.

• Stayed April 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Fallbrook, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2013

If I had arrived earlier, I would have left and found another place to stay. Pure filth.

I usually stay at a local Marriott while doing business at Stanford, but they were booked solid.

This motel should be condemmed. I am a world traveler and I haven't seen a place like this in many years.

The carpet is so filthy I will not walk on it without my shoes on. Not only is it deeply stained, it has food crumbs and dirt easily visible. The carpet around and behind the furniture is so filthy it isn't the same color anymore. There are other items behind the furniture I don't want to mention. I cannot believe how disgusting this place is.

The room doesn't appear to have ever been dusted. The top of the window box air conditioner is black with dust - same with the curtains - black dust. You get the picture - it is beyond filthy.

They offer a free breakfast which is a dollar store type plastic covered danish and a juice box kept in in mini fridge in the room which was dirty and was spilling water onto the carpet. The microwave atop the fridge is also dirty.

The beds are squeaky, old and the comforters are from decades ago. I stripped the comforters off so that I could put my LUGGAGE on the bed. One of the "decorative" pillows was torn with the filling coming out.

This place may be OK for the younger generation, but for a 40-something business traveler, this is a nightmare. I will be recommending this hotel be taken off of our corporate travel website as an option.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Palo Alto hotels

Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2012

I thought the decorations were cute/quaint and the staff friendly and helpful, but the motel is pretty bare bones and run-down. The room I was in had a broken tile in the kitchen area and tears in the duvet covers and throw pillows on the beds. The towels are small and super thin. The provided breakfast is pastries kept in the room fridge and juice boxes/coffee maker. There is free wifi, but at least in the room I was staying I kept losing the connection.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
Paris
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2012

This hotel is located close to Downtown PA on El Camino. Basically it is a good price for service you get: Rooms are clean but really old fashion, there is no minibar, no breakfast. Still you have a fridge a coffee maker and a microwave. I would recommand this hotel for short stay (couple of nights) but it may be to simple for longer period.
People working there are friendly.
So basic hotel for basic price in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms 120 to 129 they are not facing the road so they are less noisy.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Erastel
Stateline, Nevada, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2012

We went to see a very ill friend at the VA hospital in Palo Alto so the trip was not one we wanted to have to make. Our reservation was done from the hospital and we chose this hotel because of the price and TripAdvisor ratings. I say, THANK YOU to all of you who have taken the time to post honestly. The room was perfect for what we needed. The doilies made it more comfortable, the manager was very friendly, the room presentation was clean and fresh and "very pleasant". There are many choices of motels in Palo Alto and they are all next to each other...I don't think you can go wrong if you select this one. Breakfast was a danish already in our room in the little fridge and there was a micro to heat it...who needs those crowded kitchens anyway.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Mill Creek, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2012

Upon driving into the charming upscale town of Palo Alto, the Motor Inn was easy to find. The location was convenient for what we came for - a tour of Stanford. The Motor Inn transported me back to the time when you pulled over for the night after a long day of driving. Very kitchy, from the plastic plants, water fountain and doilies. However the price was what I wanted to spend for a night traveling through and the parking was free. The pool was closed, and the outside was access was a tad noisy early in the morning. For the area, I would say, "I got what I paid for".

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank Christaadventures
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2012

The most run-down motel I've ever stayed at. The dingy green carpet has to be original from the 1970's and the bed covers are equally old. I can't understand the excellent ratings on tripadvisor. Really? All experiences surely are relative. At $140 for a double, it wasn't exactly cheap and it definitely should have been better.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family