“Nice experience”

Ranked #19 of 27 Hotels in Palo Alto
Seattle, Washington
“Nice experience”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

My son and I stayed here 2 nights while waiting for my son to start a camp at Stanford. Our room was clean, outdated, but what do you expect in this area for this price . This was the sort of motel Experience I had always wanted to have as a kid. But my family never traveled . Don't get me wrong I have stayed in some very nice places as an adult. But this was clean , safe and we felt well looked after. Thank you Neil lovely meeting you and your lovely Family.

Room Tip: Restaurants close early 9:00 pm but a very nice selection just within the block. If you have a pet a...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 12 July 2014

The interior décor is a bit dated but the rooms are very clean and quiet and it's in a great location. I would balk at the rates given the quality of the décor but you're paying for location in this case.

Room Tip: Obviously ask for a room at the back of the property away from the street.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank LarryGentry
Belmont, California
Reviewed 12 June 2014

My favorite part of this hotel is Neil. I stayed here the night of my surgery. The surgery was at 8:30 am and Neil let me check in and drop my bags prior to surgery. He gave me a nice quiet room and couldn't have been nicer. I was alone and nervous about my surgery and his kindness and competence helped me relax and feel at ease.

As for the place, I was a little nervous about the outside, but my room was so cute and homey. Had everything I needed- comfy bed, good size fridge and freezer (for my frozen peas), microwave, and the decor was adorable.

Exceeded my expectations.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank sunshine_bloom
Morro Bay, California, United States
Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

I had to stay here for 9 days while my husband was at Stanford hospital. I originally reserved 2 days, but his condition was quite severe, so I stayed on. I asked daily if I could stay another night as I was living moment to moment and didn't know how long I would have to be in the area. The ladies who managed the property were so sweet and always asked how he was doing. The property is small so there is a real sense of intimacy to the inn. My room had an oven, stove, sink, microwave, coffee maker and cleaned and restocked beautifully everyday. The decor was equally homey. When my husband was moved to a nursing facility I was happy he was making progress, but sad to say goodbye to my new little home away from home. I can't say enough nice things about this little gem. It is an older property, but well-maintained which equals pure charm. I wouldn't hesitate to return.

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank Cathie L
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

I was looking for a place to stay that would not break the bank on my visit to Stanford University. I was very happy with this place. The front desk man was very nice (both at check-in and check-out). I had a room on the second floor. Wifi is free and you have a snack of two fruit juices, packaged pastries and a coffee maker. There is also a flat screen Tv, iron, dryer. Everything was very clean. This was my first night in a motel and I checked the mattress and sheets for any stains. All was clean and new looking. They had put an extra blanket on my bed as it was cold at night. The heater stinks (typical room heater smell) when you turn it on and I did not need it anyway. Decoration definitely reminded me of a bed and breakfast. I even got a wake- up call! I would highly recommend if you are looking for a quiet place to sleep close to Stanford and a clean bathroom and don't need a lot of space.

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Silver_NYC
Santa Cruz, California
Reviewed 21 February 2014

We stayed here during my MIL surgery at Stanford Hospital, which is just a couple of miles away. The beds are really comfy, they have little fridges, microwaves and coffee maker and iron, all which are big hits with me. It's kitchy with all the random paintings on the walls of the room and the motel. The pool was closed so cannot comment on it.

It's a nice place to come to at the end of a really hard day. I respect the fact that they have great rates for families going to/from the hospital, making that part easier on everyone. A shuttle is provided to the hospital up and down El Camino Real (which is where this is located). We didn't use it but could be a bonus if you are here for an extended period of time.

The little fridge contains juice boxes and pastries for the early am wake ups.

I hope my next stay here is for fun!

Room Tip: You might want a room toward the back as our room faced El Camino Real and it's a pretty busy ro...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank BabsSC
Le Grand, California
Reviewed 30 December 2013

I just love this hotel. The staff could not be any friendlier or helpful. Front desk area is charming staff is efficient and knowledgeable!
The first time my husband and I stayed here, I fell in love!! I kept telling him, "this is just like a little bed and breakfast place" So cute, just adore all the hand painting on the walls, they seem to tell a story. The hotel was recommended to us thru Stanford Medical Center ~ Pain Management Dept. I could not have asked for a more relaxing place to stay. I felt calm and comfortable during my stay. And, have since booked the room several times, I won't stay anywhere else <3
I very highly recommend this lovely hotel if you are looking to relax and heal.
However, If you are hoity toity type, and have no view of reality or serenity or peace.. keep looking.
Only certain people can truly appreciate this absolutely lovely place <3

Room Tip: Due to my health, we must have a 1st floor room. All of the 1st floor rooms are easily accessible t...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family