“A let down” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #81 of 355 Restaurants in Palo Alto
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Gott's Roadside is a different kind of burger joint. We serve juicy cheeseburgers with thick chocolate shakes, but our versions of these American classics are made-to-order from top-notch, locally sourced ingredients. Our menu goes beyond the beef to include a renowned Ahi tuna burger, fresh salads and tacos. Try finding those at your average drive-in. Our commitment to local sourcing also extends to the glass: our list of California wines and beers means you can order a cheeseburger with a high-end Napa Valley cabernet, or sip a San Francisco-brewed Anchor Steam alongside your spicy, sweet potato fries.
Northern California
“A let down”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

We should have known better. When we asked the front counter person a few questions she was unable to answer basic questions. (it is a self serve place). We asked if they had side salads and were told we could get a full salad ($11 and up) and just not eat it all. Really? The burgers themselves were ok, nothing more than that. Hideously over-priced for a plain burger with no side included. The french fries were tasty. The Caesar salad was simple if not bland; not worth $11. The "grilled" chicken in the Caesar salad was cold and flavorless. Overall this place is NOT worth visiting.

• Visited April 2014

• Korean first
San Francisco, California
“Something is wrong here”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

I really enjoy the locations in St Helena and San Francisco but this new Gott's has some serious problems. The wait times for food are really long regardless of how busy they are. That is not a major issue for me but the quality of the food is. My wife ordered a grilled cheese that was not cooked through. You could see the cheese slices stacked in the middle. I ordered the Ahi Burger which tasted like they had taken it out of the refrigerator. The bun was cold. The tuna was cold. It was just awful. We ended up tossing 30 dollars worth of bad food in the garbage and going to another restaurant.

• Visited February 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
San Francisco, California
“Best Burger's in Palo Alto”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2014

I've eaten here several times for both lunch and dinner and it is always good. The standard cheeseburger is very good but I especially like the Green Chili Cheeseburger. It has a nice kick to it. That combined with a lovely Pinot makes for a very nice dinner. The Ahi Poke Crispy tacos are very tasty. This location doesn't have the ambiance of St. Helena but the food is exactly the same quality. It's pricey when you add wine to your burger order but it sure make for a good combination. Everything is fresh and cooked to order, so it takes a few minutes for your food to be ready but worth the wait.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Sacramento, California
“Attractive Burger Restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013

Nicely designed facility, serving high-quality burgers, sandwiches, and salads. Order and pick up at counter, no table service. Good, well-run operation. Would consider it again, for a quick lunch.

• Visited November 2013
austin
“Should have had a v-8”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2013

When we drove by this restaurant the sign and atmosphere seemed fun. So, when we made our way down to the mall, we decided to give it a try, although most of the college kids seemed to be eating at another hamburger restaurant situated near it.

The restaurant is large and appears clean. However, service is lacking. First, although I enjoyed the idea that the menu offered vegetables in place of fries, when I went to the counter to order, the young lady behind the counter had absolutely no clue as to the menu. I had to repeat my order several times and when I ordered the children's meals, she kept pushing fries and I said no, we will have the vegetables. I really am not sure why she was so confused as I actually pointed out the sign to her.

For the high price, I expected a very tasty burger but I must say the burger was average and nothing special. I was annoyed that fries were on the side and they again were ok, a little salty. The chicken sandwich was not seasoned and rather bland. Portion size is merely average.

Overall, unfortunately, I cannot recommend this location as the food was average but pricey and the service at the counter was not adequate.

• Visited October 2013