“Brunch was VERY good!”

Scott's Seafood Grill & Bar
Price range: US$50 - US$60
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Scott's Seafood Restaurant is a Bay Area tradition. Their American regional cuisine features the freshest seafood and prime dry aged steaks. The interior is inviting for all occasions, from casual dining to special occasions, business meetings or your next event.
Reviewed 4 March 2014

We stopped in straight from a hospital visit, nothing to eat since last night. Comparing this stop at Scott's with much earlier stops, all was familiar and great. One noticeable difference was a "new to me" waiter. He was just great also from greeting to taking/delivering our order, answering our questions, checking on us, and delivery of their wonderful coffee, makes me feel correct to rate Scott's as high as I did. Drop in, try everything, and ... Enjoy.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

I remember Scott's as a Bay Area institution as I grew up there and had a fantastic meal back when I was in high school for prom in their Oakland location. Many years later, when I was looking for a dinner location on Valentine's Day, I figure that I might have a similar experience in the Palo Alto location. I was very wrong on that count.

I recognize that a restaurant is going to be busy on Valentine's Day; however, it was a bad omen when I entered the restaurant and was greeted by a cluster of folks standing at the entrance waiting to be seated and the hostesses looked like they didn't want to be there. One guest walked up at 7:30 asking when they may be seated for a 7pm reservation as I was checking in for my 7:30 reservation. I saw the hostesses seating multiple other tables that came in after we came in and learned at 7:50 that they completely forgot that we had checked in.

This neglect continued when we were finally seated where our server brought us the wrong wine. Our appetizers of the seared tuna and bowl of clam chowder were fine, but the server had to ask us what we had ordered for dinner again after serving our appetizers. After waiting for another 45 minutes, we asked him where our main courses were and it took another 20 minutes for our dinner to come. I enjoyed the salmon that I ordered, but the lack of service made dinner rather awkward. When we asked for the dessert menu after our meal, I saw our server taking multiple orders and delivering drinks to another table and it took another 20 minutes for us to get our dessert menu. At that point, we ended up paying and leaving and getting dessert elsewhere.

A large amount of butter and cream were used in both my chowder and salmon. I found my stomach rather unsettled for the remainder of the evening. The food was tasty, but rather expensive and for a fine dining experience on a special day, I expect the restaurant to try to provide a pleasant experience for its guests. There are many great restaurants that actually provide a pleasant experience for its guests in Palo Alto. I do not think I will be returning here.

Reviewed 13 January 2014

We liked the fact we could get in on New Year's eve, and were seated by band to add to evening. All seafood tasted good, service was good. 2 of us had stomach issues later that night but we don't know if it was the abalone that only the 2 of us had, or just a touch of the flu, so don't hold it against them. And thank goodness parking nearby wasn't an issue! We definitely would go back!

Reviewed 5 December 2013

4*Scott’s Seafood
Palo Alto
Part of a chain; known for its high quality
Located at Town and Country Center
Happy Hour is from 4-6
Alcohol drinks are discounted
Draught beers are $4; 10-12 choices e.g., Stella Artois, Sierra Nevada, Bass, Anchor Steam, Lagunitas
Bar items are plentiful and 30% off: nice burger with fries and onion rings; delicious fish & chips;
Will try the steamed clams, calamari, and nachos next times
Friendly food service by J.C. and Meg
Note: have Early Bird specials Sunday thru Thursday starting at 4 pm; 3 courses $22

Reviewed 3 December 2013

Food and service was excellent. The variety was also excellent, as was the preparation. I will recommend this restuartant to all my friends and family.