“Nice”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Scott's Seafood Grill & Bar - CLOSED

Scott's Seafood Grill & Bar
Price range: US$50 - US$60
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Scott's Seafood Restaurant is a Bay Area tradition. Their American regional cuisine features the freshest seafood and prime dry aged steaks. The interior is inviting for all occasions, from casual dining to special occasions, business meetings or your next event.
“Nice”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Looking for a restaurant close to our hotel we chose Scott's Seafood. I think it was an okay choice. My sea bass was nicely prepared and the butter lettuce salad was very good. My husband enjoyed the seafood linguine and prawns. We both thought the dessert of raspberries and ice cream was unusual and tasty. Service was just so so....

Visited June 2014

Glade Spring, Virginia
“average food with great service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

We had mixed opinions. Of course, that depends on what you order. I got the fish & chips which was very average and unremarkable. Another one of us got the petrale sole dore and thought it was outstanding. My wife liked hers. The service was outstanding, and the server was very knowledgeable.

• Visited June 2014
Menlo Park, California
“Good dinner option and even better for lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

I've been to Scott's twice, most recently the other evening for dinner. We dined on the patio on an amazing evening in Palo Alto, so the environment and where we were seated was very nice.

Dinner options had me all over the menu. Our server was awesome and gave us the legit answers to all of our questions, and went to ask some one else when necessary. With very little prying we found out she was being honest and genuine in the answers she provided to our questions. Needless to say our service was top notch.

Our meal was great, the drinks were great, and I would come back here again. It may be a little out my price range for a go-to restaurant, but prices were fair, the food very good, and portions were what correlated with the prices.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Hunter L
Medford, Oregon
“Brunch was VERY good!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

We stopped in straight from a hospital visit, nothing to eat since last night. Comparing this stop at Scott's with much earlier stops, all was familiar and great. One noticeable difference was a "new to me" waiter. He was just great also from greeting to taking/delivering our order, answering our questions, checking on us, and delivery of their wonderful coffee, makes me feel correct to rate Scott's as high as I did. Drop in, try everything, and ... Enjoy.

• Visited March 2014
New York City, New York
“Decent food, really disappointing service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

I remember Scott's as a Bay Area institution as I grew up there and had a fantastic meal back when I was in high school for prom in their Oakland location. Many years later, when I was looking for a dinner location on Valentine's Day, I figure that I might have a similar experience in the Palo Alto location. I was very wrong on that count.

I recognize that a restaurant is going to be busy on Valentine's Day; however, it was a bad omen when I entered the restaurant and was greeted by a cluster of folks standing at the entrance waiting to be seated and the hostesses looked like they didn't want to be there. One guest walked up at 7:30 asking when they may be seated for a 7pm reservation as I was checking in for my 7:30 reservation. I saw the hostesses seating multiple other tables that came in after we came in and learned at 7:50 that they completely forgot that we had checked in.

This neglect continued when we were finally seated where our server brought us the wrong wine. Our appetizers of the seared tuna and bowl of clam chowder were fine, but the server had to ask us what we had ordered for dinner again after serving our appetizers. After waiting for another 45 minutes, we asked him where our main courses were and it took another 20 minutes for our dinner to come. I enjoyed the salmon that I ordered, but the lack of service made dinner rather awkward. When we asked for the dessert menu after our meal, I saw our server taking multiple orders and delivering drinks to another table and it took another 20 minutes for us to get our dessert menu. At that point, we ended up paying and leaving and getting dessert elsewhere.

A large amount of butter and cream were used in both my chowder and salmon. I found my stomach rather unsettled for the remainder of the evening. The food was tasty, but rather expensive and for a fine dining experience on a special day, I expect the restaurant to try to provide a pleasant experience for its guests. There are many great restaurants that actually provide a pleasant experience for its guests in Palo Alto. I do not think I will be returning here.

• Visited February 2014