“Vandaloo is worth trying!”

Darbar Indian Cuisine
Ranked #65 of 361 Restaurants in Palo Alto
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Stanford, California
“Vandaloo is worth trying!”
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Authentic Indian restaurant. My Indian friend brought me here and told me it was one of his favorites around the area. I tried vindaloos, tikka maksala, and many other things but vindaloos here are still my favorite up to date!

The atmosphere is also pretty nice to just sit and chill for a while!

• Visited November 2012

San Jose, California
“Lunch buffet”
Reviewed 22 March 2013

Have to say I've eaten my fair share of Indian cuisine lunch buffets in my time. The highlights for me at Darbar- cleanliness, service, naan supply. Main thing I like about this buffet is the dishes all taste like they were made separately, ie. not just a different meat with the same "base" sauce.

Main detractions: overwhelmingly under-spiced

Visited October 2012
Menlo Park, California
“Decent indian”
Reviewed 16 September 2012

This is considered an average - even above average - indian restaurant for the area. Compared to all the expensive restaurants a block away on University Ave, Darbar keeps its prices at the same level as the 90's. There's a very decent lunch buffet, and a generally northern indian menu. The southern indian portion is only average by the standards of Sunnyvale, 15 minutes away, but are OK. The only menu standout is the Vindaloo, which isn't british hot but is deep and satisfying (and has a serious kick). A very decent neighborhood spot at a reasonable price.

• Visited July 2012
Nashville, Tennessee
“Delish!”
Reviewed 14 July 2012

In full disclosure, I am not an Indian food connoisseur. I loved Darbar. Samosas were yummy. I ordered a vegetarian dish that was rich with flavor. My husband ordered lamb that was tender with very little fat.

• Visited July 2012
Santiago, Chile
“Outstanding Indian food”
Reviewed 5 June 2012

Delicious dishes at a very reasonable price. I wen there with a group of 10 people so we got to try several dishes. Every one was really good

Visited June 2012