“Much better than it had been a few years ago”

Creekside Inn - A Greystone Hotel
Ranked #5 of 27 Hotels in Palo Alto
GreenLeadersGold level
Wyncote, Pennsylvania, United States
“Much better than it had been a few years ago”
Reviewed 30 August 2013

I had stayed here pretty much very other week (I commute from Philadelphia) for two years. It had been good, but the rooms were average and I never felt valued even with stays there tide a month. So I moved on to the Stanford Terrace Inn, which met my needs for awhile but became overpriced and a bit strange in some ways. So I took another look at Creekside.

And I'm very glad I did. The management clearly recognizes repeat customers and also values new ones. I was made to feel welcome, and had a room that couldn't be beat. It was quiet, spacious and had much faster wifi speeds than the Stanford Terrace Inn. It's a ten-minute walk to California Avenue, and there is an onsite restaurant that will give free wine to Creekside guests.

I'm already booked here in three weeks and am looking forward to it. Glad to be back.

Room Tip: From a few years ago, I was less enamored with rooms in the D unit but most rooms are good regardles...
Green Features: A lot of green practices; the soap is missing the center portion as that is usually wasted. My only gripe was the lack of recycling bins in the room. At least I didn't find any.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
CreeksideMGR, General Manager at Creekside Inn - A Greystone Hotel, responded to this review, 3 September 2013
Dear Guest,
We are so happy to read that we were able to be your home away from during your recent visit to the Palo Alto area. I am glad that you feel welcome at our hotel and that you enjoyed the room and the fast internet service offered complimentary in all our rooms. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again in 3 weeks!
Kind Regards,
Creekside Inn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 28 August 2013

The room was clean, spacious and comfortable. Good location, ample parking. My only complaint is the cost for what you get. Paying roughly $300 for one night didn't make sense once we saw the amenities. I will say, however, the front desk staff was very nice, friendly and helpful. Overall, a good place to stay but overpriced. Oh, go to Indo across the street for dinner/happy hour!!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 August 2013

We came to Palo Alto for our son's Part 2 of his wedding. (First Part in London the week before). Stayed here for 6 nights and it was everything we needed. Attached was Cibo Diner which was lovely but they couldn't quite understand that we liked real good strong coffee! By the 5th breakfast we got it! So nice for me too, to have an iron and ironing board in the room, plus on site there was a Laundry. As we were travelling for another 10 days it was a Godsend.

Room Tip: We overlooked the garden so that was just fine. It is an ideal place to stay for a touring holiday
Green Features: It should be adopted World Wide and the towels weren't changed everyday as in some hotels where they ask you to put them on the floor and STILL change them.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Nailsea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Travelled over to Palo Alto from UK for Family wedding. Stayed 6 nights at the Creekside Inn and thoroughly satisfied. Large, clean and very comfortable room, really excellent staff who couldn't do enough for you. Easy parking and very convenient for Downtown. Good Cibo Restaurant forms part of the complex, with great breakfasts. Free desktop internet for guests.

Richard & Pam James, North Somerset, UK

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
CreeksideMGR, General Manager at Creekside Inn - A Greystone Hotel, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
Dear Mr. & Mrs. James,
We appreciate your feedback regarding your visit form the UK to attend the wedding in the Palo Alto area. We are glad that you found our staff to be helpful and attentive and our rooms to be comfortable, spacious and clean. I'm also pleased you enjoyed your experience at Cibo Restaurant, I will be sure to pass along your kind comments. Thank you for choosing the Creekside Inn!

Sincerely.
europe
Reviewed 18 August 2013

We opened the reception door to be greeted by friendliness and professionalism.

The staff = excellent.
Rooms = clean
Location = perfect
Value = excellent

Our experience says you can't go wrong by choosing this one.,

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
New Haven, CT
Reviewed 15 August 2013

Stayed one night recently on a quick trip through town. Staff was lovely and welcoming -- helpful with free WIFI, wine reception at the restaurant onsite, nice coffee and pastries in the office in the morning. But my room - in the 4 floor block building -- had a very strong smell of paint or chemicals. I had to leave the balcony window open to be able to breathe. And outside, on the ground floor carport of my building, some kind of major operation was going on -- looked like crews unpacking office furniture -- trucks coming and going -- lots of noise just below my window. So, ask carefully when you book your room. I think there are nicer rooms elsewhere in the complex. Otherwise, the room was good -- nice water pressure, etc.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
CreeksideMGR, General Manager at Creekside Inn - A Greystone Hotel, responded to this review, 20 August 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback about your recent stay at the Creekside Inn. I am glad that you enjoyed our coffee service and the complimentary wine. I apologize about the smell of the room. We have recently begun painting some of the rooms in our high rise building and I apologize that the scent affected your stay. I hope that your visit to Palo Alto was otherwise enjoyable and hope to see you again soon.

Kind Regards,
Riverside, California
Reviewed 9 August 2013

We spent just under a week at the Inn and found it to be quiet and comfortable. If you're looking for a big box type hotel this is not for you. The Inn has a collection of independent buildings. They overlook the grounds, connecting side walks. The hotel is just off a main highway. Plug ins for electric cars are in the front and used very often. We found our room quiet at night, clean. The front staff were always courteous and helpful anytime we came in contact with them. In the mornings as soon as a coffee dispenser became empty a new one came out from the back. The pool was surprisingly warm, nice to go into at the end of a busy day. We never had a problem with noise from the connecting rooms. One note: The staff should cut back the purple flower plant that that like to put its petals into the pool though.
I would say business people out numbered we tourists. Not surprising being in the shadow of Standford and computer firms surrounding us. Guests we very chatty no matter where we found ourselves. We would stay again in the future.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family