“Very disturbing smell”

Creekside Inn - A Greystone Hotel
Ranked #6 of 27 Hotels in Palo Alto
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I stayed at this hotel just because of the convenient location for both me and my husbands business trips. The hotel is not nice in my books. The first thing I noticed was that already in the elevator there was a very pungent smelling air refreshment spray. I felt like I could not breathe in this small elevator with this spray. The smells got worse when entering the corridors inside the building and also the room. I had to buy a scented candle to get a bit distracted of this smell but it didn't help much as it just blended with the existing smell.
The furniture was really basic and gave a cheap impression. The bathtub was made out of plastic (not really hotel standard in my books).
The positive I can think of was the cleanliness of the bathroom.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank emmicim
CreeksideMGR, General Manager at Creekside Inn - A Greystone Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

Dear Guest:
We would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay at the Creekside Inn. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations during your stay. Our hotel is surrounded by various Eucalyptus species and depending on the weather the different fragrances affect different areas of the hotel. We will definitely look into other choices for the elevator deodorize to help address this issue. Thank you again for your feedback and I hope that your trip to Palo Alto was otherwise enjoyable.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

Great bungalow style hotel, conveniently located on El Camino Real. Our building had just been renovated, so the exterior belied the hip interior vibe...laminated dark wood floors in the hallway, comfortable,crisp white duvet covered beds, new bathrooms. The rooms were on the cozy side, but great value for the location! The exercise room was surprisingly well equipped, with several treadmills, elipticals, bikes, weight machine and free weights. The free coffee and homemade danish in the morning was a bonus!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank BigRed014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your experience at the Creekside Inn. We are so excited that you enjoyed the recent renovations that the hotel has undergone, including the exterior of the hotel and the bathrooms. Our exercise room is a great compliment to our property and we are glad you were able to take advantage of it during your stay. I was also pleased to read that our bed was to your liking. Thank you for your comments! We look forward to having you as our guest again soon.

Reviewed 2 November 2013

Excellent staff, excellent service, would recommend to anyone!

Prabin at the front desk went above and beyond to accommodate us!

Would love to stay there again. Thank you so much for the great experience!

2  Thank Ronnie B
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I didn’t really expect a lot from this site, but got pleasantly surprised. Clean rooms, nice surrounding, friendly receptionist and conveniently located on El Camino Real. This is a great value accomodation in the middle of Palo Alto

Room Tip: Chose a room on the ground floor with access to the patio
2  Thank pstrebel
Reviewed 23 October 2013

The photos of the Creekside Inn made us think we were staying at a much more upscale hotel than it is. It is serviceable. The bed was comfortable. We were facing the garden, so it was quiet. The bathroom was utilitarian. The garden was lovely. But, no real breakfast, it is on a very busy and unattractive street, and has little character or charm. It would be OK for business if other places are booked (but no business center), but we were looking for a romantic weekend, and it didn't fit that bill at all.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms that face the street. It is a very busy and unattractive street. Get a garden room. The...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank emma1913
CreeksideMGR, General Manager at Creekside Inn - A Greystone Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback. Our photos reflect a true picture of our gardens and room accommodations. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your garden view, comfortable bed, and quiet room. Many of our customers describe us as a hidden oasis off El Camino Real. I am sorry that our hotel was not what you were looking for, but I hope that your visit to Palo Alto was successful otherwise. Thank you for staying with us!

Yours truly,

Reviewed 20 October 2013

I had a meeting at Apple and my friends at Apple recommended this a choice during my visit to Cupertino. The hotel is a quiet place and the room was good. It could use a bit of upgrades but overall was a very nice stay during my visit.

I know there are other choices in the area, but I really enjoyed the peace and tranquility of this place and would return if in the area.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
CreeksideMGR, General Manager at Creekside Inn - A Greystone Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Dear Guest:
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to tell us about your recent stay at the Creekside Inn Hotel. I am glad that your colleagues at Apple have heard and recommended our hotel during your recent business trip. I am also pleased to read that you enjoyed the peaceful and tranquil ambiance of our charming Palo Alto hotel.

We look forward to hosting you and other Apple employees again in the future and thank you for your business.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Rooms were spacious and clean, some with very nice views. Definitely a step up from a regular chain motel. In addition to a restaurant, a full-service deli and mini-mart type convenience store is located on grounds. Complimentary drink tickets are provided for the evening happy hour - a nice touch. Wifi is complimentary as well.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the gardens have much nicer views than those overlooking the street or pool.