“Family Visit”

GreenLeadersGold level
Minden, Nevada
“Family Visit”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

We have stayed at this motel several times. We always look forward to our stay here, as the staff is excellent and the rooms are always very clean. The gardens and grounds are beautiful in the spring. Numerous varieties of flowering plants, which we always enjoy. Check in and check out were handled very efficiently. We highly recommend the tower rooms overlooking the pool area. We will be back!!

Room Tip: Tower rooms over looking the pool.
Green Features: This is a truly "Green" facility. Excellent bath amenities.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank billnevada
CreeksideMGR, General Manager at Creekside Inn, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Dear billnevada,
Thank you for a wonderful 5-star review! I am glad to read that your family visit to our hotel was enjoyable. Thank you for your great comments regarding or spotless accommodations, our floral grounds, and our helpful staff. I am pleased you enjoyed your Tower Room overlooking our onsite pool and that you were able to enjoy springtime at the Creekside Inn when our garden landscape is in full bloom! We look forward to your next visit.

Creekside Inn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Very nice hotel. Clean, modern rooms, great reception area, the staff couldn't be more helpful. Free transportation! If you don't feel like driving to a restaurant, or a bar - just ask and within minutes they'll send a car with a driver at no charge. The appliances, linens and furniture in the room are high quality and posh. There is a nice restaurant on site, the grounds are very nice too with a small creek (hence the name). The rating should really be five-star, but at close to $350 -$400 per night the value is not excellent, but still good. Great choice for a business trip if your company is paying for it.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank JarvNY
CreeksideMGR, General Manager at Creekside Inn, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Dear JarvNY,
Thank you for taking the time to write your comments about your wonderful stay at the Creekside Inn. I am glad that our associates were helpful and that you found your room to be modern and clean. I'm happy to read you were able to take advantage of our complimentary local Hybrid shuttle service and that you enjoyed your dining experience at our onsite restaurant. We look forward to your next business trip to the Palo Alto area.

Eagle, Idaho
Reviewed 22 March 2014

We stayed here last year , so we decide to stay here again. What a wonderful place , the grounds so wonderful. Clean freshly remodeled rooms, super.
It's like a dream spot , not cheap , but sometimes it nice to have a refined hotel, great place to visit the city from by using the Caltrain !
Mike

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Mike T
CreeksideMGR, General Manager at Creekside Inn, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Dear Mike T,
Thank you so much for your 5-star review of our hotel and for your continued loyalty and patronage of the Creekside Inn. We're so pleased you enjoyed our garden landscaping as well as our recent renovations to our guestrooms. As you mentioned, our location is an easy Caltrain ride away from the city of San Francisco. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to seeing you again soon on your next visit to Palo Alto.

Yountville, California
Reviewed 12 March 2014

3400 El Camino Real, Palo Alto, CA
650-493-2411

We stayed in Palo Alto; down El Camino Real on the Left, going south in another place (My Lovely Partner's [MLP]) company paid the rent.) I was surplus so I got plenty of time to study the more attractive Hotel across the Boulevard. It was Creekside Inn; where I reserved a room some 30 days before the event.

Creekside Inn is on a large corner site, has two Clusters of rooms, one is 1970's vintage conventional 2 story design, the other is a later high rise structure connected to the rest by a pretty bridge over a nice Creek. There is a small restaurant away from the corner; a small convenience store and the office take up the rest of the site. The restaurant is pricey and we have never patronized it. We prefer he nearby "Fish Market" or smaller restaurants over in old town Palo Alto.

All of the common areas are lavishly landscaped and it is a joy at night. The first stay coincided with a large group of womens' volleyball teams who were in town for a tournament. The Atmosphere was exciting; lots of happy chat going on everywhere. The second time at Creekside was quieter but that did not detract from the beauty of the place.

We would go there often but it is well known and popular; usually sold out if Stanford has an event.

Rooms are neat and clean, parking onside is adequate, a limited continental breakfast is minimal.

Room Tip: Any floor above first in the 'tower' for privacy and tolerable street traffic. Nearly all un...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Maurice M
CreeksideMGR, General Manager at Creekside Inn, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Dear Maurice M.,
Thank you for your kind comments. We enjoyed reading your very descriptive review of our hotel and I am glad that you liked our lush garden landscaping and that you found our rooms to be neat and clean. Thank you for visiting and we hope to see you soon.

Santiago, Chile
Reviewed 6 March 2014

very comfortable, great staff. Free wifi helps you stay connected and unworried. They receive packages for no additional cost and leave it in your room! they make you feel special and welcome.
rooms are a bit old, but clean, big and comfortable. totally recommend it.
it might get a bit loud, as you can hear the water running in other rooms, but it is no big deal.
it's location is perfect. you have a great restorant right next door, and many food options in walking distance.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
CreeksideMGR, General Manager at Creekside Inn, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and we are glad that our location was perfect for your visit to Palo Alto. Thank you for your comments about our onsite restaurant and our free WI-FI.
We appreciate that you took the time to tell us about your experience at the Creekside Inn and we look forward to your next visit.

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I stayed overnight at the Creekside Inn. The staff, particularly Makiea, were very friendly and helpful. I have Parkinson's and they had a handicap room ready for me and let me check in early.

I slept very well that night - which is unusual for me when traveling!

The room was very clean and tidy - very nice! In the morning at the continental breakfast, I had some trouble walking, so Makiea brought food to me, and cleared away my trash. She also helped me when I came in to make sure my bill was clear. And she was most considerate in stowing my luggage after i checked out of the room.

It is a great being next door to a terrific deli.

Room Tip: My room was ground floor - be sure to check the sliding glass doors. Mine was unlocked!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank jeane c
CreeksideMGR, General Manager at Creekside Inn, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Dear jeane c,
We are so happy that you enjoyed a restful night in your clean and tidy room during your overnight trip to the Palo Alto area and the Creekside Inn. Thank you for your nice comments about our attentive and helpful staff. It is our goal to ensure each and every guest has an exceptional service experience at the Creekside Inn. I'm also happy to hear you were able to take advantage of our fantastic onsite Deli, it's a favorite of locals and visitors alike! We hope to see you back soon.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Visited Stanford and spent two nights at the Creekside Inn. Wifi was terrible, nothing the 2nd night. sort of ironic for a hotel in Palo Alto. Also my first morning a giant tour bus parked by my room running its engine like they like to do. I called the front desk and they said that almost never happens. not very useful for me!

Room Tip: don't stay in the front with the tour busses
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank PSII
CreeksideMGR, General Manager at Creekside Inn, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
Dear Guest:
Thank you for your comments and I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with the tour bus. As a result of your concern, we will start asking the buses to park along the side of El Camino to prevent this issue from disrupting our guests in the future. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

I have also called our WI-FI operator to make sure they check our system; however, we have not seen any additional complaints as of late regarding our WI-FI connection. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance and thank you again for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Palo Alto
#4 of 27 in Palo Alto
Stanford Park Hotel
Stanford Park Hotel
#1 of 9 in Menlo Park

Been to Creekside Inn? Share your experiences!