“Great place to stay in the Palo Alto area”

Creekside Inn - A Greystone Hotel
Ranked #5 of 27 Hotels in Palo Alto
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 1 September 2014

Our first visit to the Creekside Inn but definitely will not be our last. We spent 3 nights here Labor Day weekend and were pleasantly surprised. We have stayed at several Inns in the area when visiting our son who lives nearby and this was by far the very best of the 3-4 star hotels. Nice very clean large rooms with very comfortable beds. The bathrooms are very large with nice complimentary toiletries and a great shower that is still "green" conserving water etc. The towels are large but very rough and could use some "softener" though. The fridge and coffee maker in the room are nice touches as are the 2 free bottles of water on the first day. Replacing them daily would have been nice. Free parking and WiFi are nice touches as well. Coffee/tea and sweet rolls are provided in the lobby each morning but if you are expecting breakfast you will be disappointed. Met some very nice, helpful and friendly staff but did meet a couple that were a bit on the unpleasant and rude side unfortunately. Overall the Creekside Inn is a great hidden gem in this area.

Room Tip: Select a room overlooking the garden or on an upper floor in the tower.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Fran C
CreeksideMGR, General Manager at Creekside Inn - A Greystone Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2014

Dear Fran C.,
Thank you for your review of the Creekside Inn. We are grateful for your time and your feedback. We're so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel while visiting your son in Palo Alto. We are glad that you enjoyed many of our amenities including our complimentary morning coffee and pastries, in-room water bottles, bath products, and in-room mini fridge and coffee maker. As a green hotel, we appreciate your comments regarding our sustainability efforts. Thank you again for your wonderful review and we hope your labor day weekend visit was a success. Thank you for staying with us.

There are newer reviews for Creekside Inn - A Greystone Hotel

Reviewed 26 August 2014

I slept very lightly last night. Good thing I did as at approximately 4:15am an unidentified male used a pass key to open the door to my room (yes, I had neglected to fold the inside bar over the door to prevent the door from being opened from the outside). I woke up, shouted at him, and he ran off and the door shut. I immediately called the front desk to report the incident. The night desk manager came up to my room but really was no help at all. I left before the hotel manager had arrived this morning,but left my contact information with the desk clerk. I am very surprised that he has made no effort to contact me. I guess they just don't care about such incidents.

Room Tip: All are vulnerable to being acd3essed by strangers with pass keys.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
CreeksideMGR, General Manager at Creekside Inn - A Greystone Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Dear Gearhead85,
We are extremely sorry about the incident that took place during your stay at the hotel. Please rest assured, we take the safety and security of all our guest very seriously and we are currently investigating this issue. We have left a message for you and look forward to speaking with you to further discuss this incident as soon as you are available.

Reviewed 25 August 2014

Enjoyed our stay here very much. It's a little further from downtown than I expected, but worth the drive. Big rooms facing beautiful gardens. Very nice landscaping. Easy parking. On-site deli and liquor store. Would stay there again.

Room Tip: All rooms seem to be good.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
CreeksideMGR, General Manager at Creekside Inn - A Greystone Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Dear Guest:
We thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to give us your feedback on your recent stay at the Creekside Inn Hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed our gardens and the easy access to parking. We hope that your visit to Palo Alto was a successful one. Please keep in mind for any future visits that we do offer a complimentary Hybrid shuttle service within 5-miles of the hotel for guests.

Thank you for choosing the Creekside Inn and we hope you have a wonderful week.

Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

For me to suffer the inconvenience of booking out to find another hotel speaks to my utter dissatisfaction with creekside inn.

Confirming my online booking was excruciating. I looked past it. On my first day the Creekside shuttle was 25 minutes late. No apology. I looked past it. At night I could hear every movement of my upstairs Neighbour. I looked past it. On the second day the Restuarant opened 15 minutes late. I was told to adjust my attitude. THAT, was the final straw. I asked my client to find me another hotel & moved up the road to Crown Plaza, cheaper & way, way, way better value for money.

I am still waiting for a call from Creekside Management.

Stay there at your peril!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank StevenFree
CreeksideMGR, General Manager at Creekside Inn - A Greystone Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear Steven,
Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We are extremely sorry for any inconveniences you may have experienced during your trip to the area. I have provided the owner of our onsite restaurant with your feedback and will review your comments with our front office staff in our ongoing efforts to solve all issues in a courteous and efficient manner. Thank you again for taking the time to comment on your stay.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

As my wife and I have stayed here several times, we were looking forward to retuning. Once again we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. the check-in was very smooth and well handled. Our room was on the ground floor and overlooked Matadero Creek, which, unfortunately, was dry, due to the drought in California. The room was very clean and in an area that they are currently remodeling, although we heard very little noise from the work being done. Their gardens were very nice, even with the drought. Checkout was effortless. We high recommend this motel for a stay in Palo Alto.

Room Tip: Request a DE lux king room.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
CreeksideMGR, General Manager at Creekside Inn - A Greystone Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear Bill,
Thank you for the great 5-star review and for your loyalty to our hotel. We are glad to read that once again, you had an enjoyable stay with us and that you found our check-in and check-out process to be smooth and easy. Thank you for mentioning our clean rooms and our beautiful hotel grounds. We appreciate your valuable feedback and look forward to welcoming you back again on your next visit to Palo Alto.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

There are some nice things about this hotel including the location and the lovely garden/walking path. However, if you want a relatively good nights sleep you'll need to bring your own mattress. It is also pretty loud/thin walls. They have a "shuttle" that we tried to use but we were going 5.6 miles and they have a 5 mile limit. Lame.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rupert J
Reviewed 19 July 2014

There is a lot to recommend about this hotel. The grounds are very pretty, and the staff is quite friendly (although their efficiency doesn't always match their friendliness). The location of the hotel is also quite good, just a 15 minute walk or so from Cal Avenue, and the hotel runs a free shuttle to points within five miles of it (therefore including, for example, Stanford University and Stanford Mall). There is a free breakfast every morning consisting of coffee and tea and assorted pastries, which are better than the ones usually found in continental hotel breakfasts: scones, muffins, croissants, etc. The only problem is that the varieties don't change much, if at all, from day to day, so if you're here (as my wife and I were) for five nights, it will start getting repetitive. There is a computer in the lobby and free wifi in the rooms, but it was annoying to have to constantly log in with username and password every time I wanted to use the internet in my room; other hotels only require you to log in every 24 hours (or sometimes only once at the beginning of your stay). The most serious complaint I have concerns the size of our room; we had asked for a room with a king or two twin beds (I thrash around when I sleep and my wife needs room to retreat to a neutral corner) but instead we got a single queen-sized bed in a tiny room that would have been nice and cozy for one person but was rather cramped for two; the hotel did provide us with a roll-away bed but by the time that was installed there was almost no room to walk around in. However, all told, this is a nice place and I would be happy to stay here again.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business