A last minute work trip during Oracle week left me scrambling to find some place decent to stay that wasn't eight or nine hundred bucks a night. Someone on our staff found Dinah's and I'm really glad they did.
I'm a bonafide Kool-Aid drinking big brand hotel guy - always steering clear of the locally owned places. This place may have my mind changing a bit.
- The rate was impressively low amidst the entire Bay Area being 110% booked.
- Check in was simple, efficient and the gentlemen behind the desk were professional and helpful.
- My room (deluxe queen) was HUGE for Bay Area standards. It was amazingly clean. It had a mini bar (decent prices), small dining table, pull out couch, small balcony and a large bathroom area.
- The bed was super comfy (very firm, which is what I prefer) with really crisp clean sheets. The sliding door to the balcony had a screen, so I was able to keep the door open and enjoy the cool evening air.
- Sadly, I left my room when the sun was coming up and returned after dark - meaning I didn't get to enjoy what seemed to be an impressive outdoor area with lots of plants and a creek.
I felt safe. The in-room coffee was good. It was sold out - but I heard very few other people.
When in Palo Alto, I'll definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family owned and operated since 1957, Dinah’s Garden Hotel in Palo Alto is a lush oasis in Silicon Valley, and was voted “Best Hotel in Palo Alto!” Dinah’s is located near Stanford and the headquarters for the world’s leading businesses. We are California Green Certified and feature gardens, Koi-filled lagoons, well-appointed guestrooms, banquet facilities, two restaurants, and art from around the world. All 97 guestrooms and 32 suites are inspired by decorum from around the globe – creating environments that are both relaxing and productive. Visitors and locals alike love dining casually at Dinah’s Poolside Restaurant or enjoying a first class meal at THE SEA by Alexander’s Steakhouse. Although Dinah’s Garden Hotel is a historic location, we hope you enjoy our modern amenities such as brand new 42” LED televisions, complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi and Business Center in the lobby. Come discover why we have been a destination creating a unique brand of hospitality for more than 55 years! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Dinah's Garden Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Dinahs Garden
- Dinahs Garden Hotel
- Dinahs Garden Palo Alto