Sheraton Palo Alto Hotel
  • Breakfast included
Cardinal Hotel(Palo Alto)
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
Stanford Park Hotel(Menlo Park)
Stanford Inn(Menlo Park)
Hotel Lucent(Menlo Park)
View Hotel
All reviewsclub levelstanford universitycaltrain stationpoolside grillnice poolkoi pondwalking distanceself parksan francisco
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 June 2012

Standard Sheraton hotel, nice swimming pool and patio, good service.

Pros: Room was clean and spacious. Good location

Cons: no refrigerator in the room, Bed comfortable but a little bit noisy

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed 25 June 2012

I stayed here with my father for one night, after staying at the Westin next door. I wish we would have booked two rooms at the Westin because this hotel was not the best. We stayed on the second floor, in a double queen bed room.

-I immediatly noticed that the room felt really dark. The lights were very dim and the curtain on the window wouldn't open. The furniture wood was also very dark and felt old.
-The bathroom was TINY. My father made a comment about the toilet feeling really low, and there was almost no counterspace. The shower was a typical bathtub/shower combination with a shower curtain and peeling wallpaper.
-The shower itself was a very hard pressure that felt like needles. I spent most of my time in the shower adjusting the water temperature because it went from scalding hot to freezing cold. and by the time I was finished with my shower i was standing ankle deep in soapy water because the bathtub drain was clogged.
-The beds were not comfortable, and my back ached all day the next day.
-The room didn't feel clean. I don't know if it was because it was so dark that i couldn't see anything and therefore felt like it wasn't clean, but i felt like i needed to wash my hands after touching anything. There was also some mildew growing on the sink.
-Our door was jammed, so when we opened it we had to shove it open, and when we shut it we had to pull it tight or it didn't lock. Thankfully i noticed this when i forgot to grab something when we left, because i was able to push the door right open without even touching the handle to the door.

The bar area seemed nice and there were plenty of people hanging out/swimming in the pool but i will stay at the Westin next door for any future trips.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank e e
Reviewed 24 June 2012

Was this an old La Quinta or something? AveraTired rooms to a little bit below average.Housekeeping and bar staff nice, front desk indifferent. Could be razed and high rise needs to be built. Not worth the price. More interesting and fun things up the tracks in San Jose.

Room Tip: Only had the rom overlooking parking lot, tracks. Was quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank MichiganKansan
Reviewed 23 June 2012

The room keys were always deprogramming themselves. We couldn't get in parking or our rooms. In one day, we went through 11 room keys. Not to mention that all electronics except the tv were broken at one point or another.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed 22 June 2012

Agree with the general sentiment that the Sheraton is not worth paying full price for. Hotels in Palo Alto are very expensive during the week, but if you are a Starwood member, the hotel does offer an attractive cash+points option on the weekends. Plus, it's close to the CalTrain station, so it becomes an affordable place to stay on the weekend if you want to visit San Francisco but not pay the outrageous hotel prices in the city.

The pool area is actually quite nice and the koi pond does provide a tranquil ambiance. Otherwise, it's a standard Sheraton hotel. Sweet Sleeper bed, relatively below average restaurant, and well-kept grounds. It's definitely a better deal than the Westin across the street.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business