“average (at best)”

Ranked #16 of 27 Hotels in Palo Alto
Palo Alto
“average (at best)”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

My stay at the Sheraton Palo Alto was average, at best. The hotel did not have the room type I requested. The hallway I was in was extremely noisy and even though I was exhausted it made it difficult to sleep. I wouldn't by choice stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Gurpreet K, Manager at Sheraton Palo Alto Hotel, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Dear Dominique I,

Thank you for sharing your feedback of your most recent stay with the TripAdvisor community. I would like to apologize for noisiness during your stay. This is definitely not our standard and I apologize for not meeting your expectations. Please feel free to reach out to me via email at gkaur@pahotel.com so I may make amends. I hope we can serve you better should you return to the Palo Alto area.

Warmest regards,

Gurpreet K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the Sheraton Palo Alto for a business trip. Arrived late at night from a long flight from Asia, so I was looking forward to some shut eye. Not only did the check-in process take an unnecessarily long time, they could not find my SPG details in spite of me giving my membership number! Then security actually came into my room at 0045hrs, claiming that the room I was allocated was supposed to be empty!

I did not hear anyone try to call out to inform me that security was entering the room before actually opening the door. I can just imagine if my female colleague were the one in my room - she would be frightened out of her wits! Thank goodness I wasn't sound asleep, so I turned security away in a jiffy.

What kind of Sheraton does not keep track of their rooms that have guests?

The rooms look tired, and look as if they were modeled in the 70s. Upgrade the rooms please!

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank colin_matthew

Travellers are raving about these Palo Alto hotels

Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2013

Great location across from Stanford and next to downtown. The staff are very nice and helpful. Everything is kept clean. The pool and pond areas are quite pretty.

However...

The hotel has is designed around the old "Ramada Inn" plan. Three floors, a rooms on either side of a hallway, wrapped around a central courtyard.

The place is well-maintained, but old.

My room was not great. First floor was very noisy. Lots of maintenance and moving things activities by the staff (starting early,) the staff talking loudly in the hallways, the sounds of toilets flushing and showers in the rooms above me, my window facing a parking lot, the sound of a train quite often. The closet was very difficult to use as the space between it and the opposite wall was quite small and the doors didn't open all way (they are sliding doors that seemed to be broken somehow.)

Not a "horrible" stay by any means, but definitely not worth the price of the Sheraton label.

Room Tip: Don't let them put you on the first floor!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear Michael C,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us on Tripadvisor. While I am pleased to hear that you found our hotel location an advantage to your visiting needs, i'm am sorry to hear about your experience at our property. This is not our standard. We strive to be as hospitable as possible. Please reach out to me if I may be of assistance during your next visit to Palo Alto at gkaur@pahotel.com. I hope we can serve you better should you return to the area.

Kindest Regards,

Midlothian, Virginia, USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

Hotel rooms in Palo Alto can be hard to come by. Lucky for me, I was able to score a room at the Sheraton for some last-minute business in town. Hotel lobby is clean and looks impressive. Rooms are pretty standard and in need of a facelift. Pillows and beds are super comfortable. The hotel is right next to train tracks, so try to get a room on the front side (close to the lobby) if you can. Walking distance to the main drag of Palo Alto as well as Stanford.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear ThatAmericanGirl,

Thank you for reviewing our property on TripAdvisor. I'm happy to hear that you found our lobby to your liking and the beds very comfortable. We hope to serve you again should you return to the Palo Alto area.

All the best,

Terneuzen, The Netherlands
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

I already had my doubts when making the reservation, but it was worse than expected. This hotel really needs a very big upgrade. Only the location (close to Stanford University) is ok. I don't believe anything has changed for the last 25 years. Everything very old, rooms, carpets, furniture. Nothing is logical. This hotel is clearly a cash cow for Sheraton and they don't care about their guests. I had a Club room with jacuzzi. The Club Lounge is the worst I have ever seen. It's a shabby room in a shabby hotel, more 2 or 3 star hotel. Wifi not free, 10 USD per day. Never again.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
San Diego, CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

The rooms are dated but the location to downtown you can't beat. Breakfast near the pool in the morning as a Platinum amenity is nice as it's buffet style. Nice touch. I always compare the pricing of the Sheraton vs. Westin as they are next door to each other. Both properties are very popular for housing wedding parties.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
zurich
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

Ended up staying at this Sheraton as every other "quality" hotel in the valley was full and/or charging NYC prices (I ended paying $350+VAT!). I got upgraded to a Club room on the quiet side of the hotel so the room itself was quiet untilI woke up thinking somebody entered in my room: the walls are really paper thin. It was really like the person was standing next to me...

Room Tip: Avoid the train/track side and overlooking the pool
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
#1 of 9 in Menlo Park
Garden Court Hotel
Garden Court Hotel
#5 of 27 in Palo Alto

Been to Sheraton Palo Alto Hotel? Share your experiences!