Sheraton Palo Alto Hotel
Crowne Plaza Palo Alto(Palo Alto)(Great Value!)
US$242
US$234
CrownePlaza.com
  • Pool
Hotel Parmani(Palo Alto)(Great Value!)
US$147
US$113
US$97
US$535
  • Restaurant
Hotel Keen(Palo Alto)
US$284
  • Breakfast included
Creekside Inn - A Greystone Hotel(Palo Alto)(Great Value!)
US$193
US$145
US$414
US$372
  • Pool
Coronet Motel(Palo Alto)(Great Value!)
US$124
US$514
US$503
  • Restaurant
Country Inn(Palo Alto)(Great Value!)
US$157
Travelocity
All reviewsclub levelstanford universitycaltrain stationpoolside grillnice poolkoi pondwalking distanceself parksan francisco
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 March 2014

You get a sense of how your stay will be from the minute you walk in the room. You are greeted by a sour stale smell, like an airplane cabin that just disembarked 200 people from a trans-atlantic flight. Try turning on the AC but warning - it will be noisy. After that, you can listen to listen to the loud trickle of the toilet and waterall-like noises coming from the ice maker across the hall. Since I was in a patio-level room, i could also hear the bar patrons yukking it up until 10:30.
The one bright note for the stay was that the bed was comfy.
Unfortunately for travellers, hotel prices in Palo Alto are high given the demand, So hotels in the area charge top dollar but provide low to mediocre accomodations.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, request a room on an upper level, not facing the pool.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank shobie5
Reviewed 16 February 2014

I love that this hotel is literally right next to the Palo Alto CalTrain station and it took me 2 minutes (once I figured out where it was) to get there from the station. As a Platinum, I was given a decent size room on the Club Floor in the Stanford building.

The bed was comfortable and I enjoyed being provided breakfast at the Poolside Grill restaurant; however, I found the layout of the hotel to be a bit strange. The walls of the hotel are very thin, as I kept hearing noise throughout the evening and early morning. I was awaken by the hotel staff delivering the breakfast coupon in front of my door around 7am as they knocked on my door on a Saturday morning. The Club Lounge was unstaffed during my stay, where I was able to open the door of the lounge, but found that it didn't really have anything at all. Lastly, the television had no signal at various points during my stay and when it was working, it was highly pixelated. When I complained about this, i was told that someone would come to the room to look at the problem, but this never happened.

The staff was friendly enough at check-in and check-out, but I found my experience to be not so great. The staff at the Poolside Grill though were super helpful and provided a wonderful breakfast experience.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Hotels in Palo Alto are expensive. My one night stay at the Sheraton ran $480 including tax, plus a 9.95 Wifi charge. I found this hotel only mediocre. On the positive side: (a) front desk service was friendly and professional, as was room service and Club Room service; (b) the bed was quite comfortable; (c) the amenities were perfectly decent. However, I encountered several negatives: (a) the room was not very clean, the furniture quite dusty; (b) the décor is drab, dark and dated - looks and feels like an old hotel that needs updating; (c) the heater is an old fashioned unit in the corner of the room at floor level that blows warm air and makes the room stuffy; (d) when I tried to close the folding closet door, it came off entirely, and I had to hold it up and prop it against a wall - very heavy, and potentially dangerous if this happened to someone who is frail; (e) the Club Room offered a paltry selection of snacks and foods in the evening - crackers, cheese, vegetables and dip, fried potato balls - nowhere near the variety I have seen at other hotels such as the Oakland Marriott; (f) in the morning, the maid just opened my door and began to walk in unannounced, without knocking or calling, then hastily apologized and left when she saw me; (g) the grounds, particularly the koi ponds, are a bit dark and drab, not especially attractive.

For the money, I cannot imagine staying here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank ECrowther
Gurpreet K, Manager at Sheraton Palo Alto Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2014

Dear ECrowther,

Thank you for sharing your feedback of your recent stay at our property. I have shared your comments with my engineering and housekeeping teams so they may address the issues and discuss with their department. As for the matter with the closet door, as we corresponded through email, our engineering team has addressed the issue. I would like to apologize to you once again for the inconveniences that you experienced during your stay. If there is anything more we can do, please kindly reach out to me.

Kindest Regards ,

Reviewed 28 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for Thanksgiving and had little to complain about. The rooms were clean, check in and out was easy, and the staff were friendly. Only downsides were the location, which was in a relatively secluded area by the highway.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Gurpreet K, Manager at Sheraton Palo Alto Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2014

Dear Michael H,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us during your Thanksgiving Holiday. I'm pleased to hear that you found our hotel clean and our staff friendly. We hope to have you as our guest again very soon.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed 27 January 2014

still great location next to the train station and 5min walk from University Avenue in Palo Alto. Try to get a room facing the courtyard or pool which are much quiter. Room are standard Sheraton and it looks like some refurbishing is going on, at least the hallways.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear Rpitton,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with the TripAdvisor community. I'm pleased to hear that you found our location convenient during your travels. I'm sorry to hear that the refurbishments affected your visit. Thank you for your understanding during this time and we hope that we may see you on a future visit to the Palo Alto area.

Kindest Regards,