“Great location and staff!”

Sheraton Palo Alto Hotel
Ranked #15 of 27 Hotels in Palo Alto
“Great location and staff!”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I have been staying at the Courtyard Marriott and recently picked up visitors who were staying at the Sheraton. I was very impressed by the facility and the staff. Definitely gets a younger, vibrant crowd since it's across the street from Stanford. I immediately booked my monthly trips to then stay at the Sheraton.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Palo Alto, CA
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Chose this hotel because it is close to Stanford University. After working there for 37 years, my husband just retired from there. The Sheraton catered his party of 135 guests and the buffet was DELICIOUS with a variety of dishes for all palettes! Many guests had traveled across the country to attend this event. Our entire family stayed at the Sheraton to take advantage of visiting every minute we could with all the friends who attended. A Heavenly's night sleep on one of the most comfortable beds ever!!! The next morning we all enjoyed the buffet breakfast in their restaurant ----omelets, belgian waffles, fresh fruits, bacon, sausage, hashbrowns (you name it, it was there!). Again, food was delicious!!!! Staff at hotel was so friendly and desired to make sure we were pleased at all times. LOVED IT!

Green Features: They do offer some type of eco friendly practice----in exchange for 500 points, they don't change the sheets or make the bed. They will, however, give clean towels and make sure you have plenty of toilet paper and Kleenex, etc.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Our room overlooked the Koi pond with fountains and lots of greenery. You really felt like you were "away from it all' yet you could walk into town. The staff were friendly, especially the bar staff. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed May 2014
London
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Stayed in a club room for four nights having landed from London on business

Asked for a nice quiet room and to be fair it was ...... except for the noise coming from other peoples air con units running all evening but what can you do?

A few 'loud speaking' guests could be heard but i haven't ever stayed anywhere where you can't hear this group!

Reception team were really lovely and helpful and the maids were just great - left notes about certain coffee etc and they were always fulfilled when i got back at night

Regards food/drink, university avenue is 5 mins walk away and worth a visit - just walk under the underpass by the train station behind the hotel - an abundance of very good restaurants and bars. Nola (New Orleans) served amazing ribs and Siam Thai serves a great Masaman Curry

Shopping is still best at Gilroy - 40 mins drive south to the outlets

Room Tip: Must go Club - overlooking Koi pond room
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I booked at the last minute and got a very good rate--similar to those quoted by the more distant motels on El Camino Real where you really can't walk to anything. The reception staff were very friendly and helpful, the room was spacious and well appointed and the large pool, poolside bar and shady grounds were pleasant and relaxing. Join the Starwood Preferred programme and you will get a better standard room. Wifi and parking are extra ($9.95 and $14.95 when I stayed), but even with that the rate was far better than the other downtown Palo Alto alternatives. The ability to stroll back to your room after a nice bottle of wine in one of PA's great restaurants makes this my first choice in the area.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Gurpreet K, Manager at Sheraton Palo Alto Hotel, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Dear Mary e s,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with the TripAdvisor community. I'm pleased to hear that you four our rooms spacious and the poolside bar pleasant and relaxing. We look forward to serving you again on your next trip to the Palo Alto Bay Area.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Let me first say my mostly negative review is not due to the staff - all interactions were very pleasant and professional. I even got a proactive email from the front desk when they moved my room after the first night. No complaints there at all. However, the facility is clearly a cash cow for somebody, with Stanford across the street and the name Palo Alto. As a platinum SPG many years over I have stayed in a few Sheraton brand hotels but this was one of the worst values. Palo Alto area hotels are all crazy high so even though I got this room for one of the lower rates over the course of the last 6 weeks, it was still $220. I like the location as it is walking distance to old Palo Alto and the train. The gardens and fountains are nice and peaceful. The Club room was appreciated and while no hot foods, the staff was very nice. But the noise of the rooms!! Wow. I could hear the girls next to me talking as if it were in my room. (Lots of Google insights shared) Each time the toilet was flushed in any of the three rooms around me (sides and above) it sounded like a jet. Same for the shower starting. I was woken before my alarm each of the three nights I stayed. I changed rooms after the first night to the "more quiet" Club room but it was the same problem. The rooms were acceptable but a bit tired. Based on the price and the quality of rooms (noise) I won't stay there again unless it is a good price.

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Tbirdjeff,

Thank you for sharing your experience, your feedback can only help us to improve. I am sorry to hear that we did not live up to expectations and would appreciate the opportunity to make amends. Please reach out to me at gkaur@pahotel.com or by calling 650-328-2800 to allow us the opportunity. I hope to hear from you.

Best Regards,

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Location is arguable, it is right across the Stanford University (you literally walk across and you are at the peripheral of the University), other than that there is nothing else in the surrounding except another pricy Westin hotel next door. The compound is huge that the hotel actually gave me a map. No free wifi (though not expensive about USD$10 for 24hrs), no free breakfast and I can't believe guests have to pay for parking in this remote area!

The room is luxurious, it uses central heating/aircon unlike the individual ones found in most motels. Even if I were to visit Stanford next time, I will rather stay in other motel (see my camino and zico review) if I drive. The Stanford university is so spacious that it is unlikely anyone want to walk from this hotel. I was told by front desk that there is a schedule bus to Stanford U but I can not be sure.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Ktseng,

Thank you for sharing your feedback from your most recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear that we fell short of your expectations. We hope that you will give us another try should you return to Palo Alto Area.

Kind Regards,

Creekside Inn - A Greystone Hotel
Stanford Park Hotel
Stanford Park Hotel
#1 of 10 in Menlo Park

Been to Sheraton Palo Alto Hotel? Share your experiences!