“Very convenient to Stanford. Room is dated and needs...”

Travelodge Palo Alto Silicon Valley
Ranked #21 of 27 Hotels in Palo Alto
Reviewed 27 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 23 May 2014

We found the motel small and noisy.
It has been updated but it's time to start over.
Shower rack was falling off wall, shower slippery.
Could hardly turn around it it.
Great tv.
The trucks kept me awake all night, I have stayed on El Camino Real
in other motels without the noise, insulation.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Jane L
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Could have slept better had I been able to cool the room. Cool outside but the room was so warm we slept with only a sheet over us and that was with the AC on full all night! There is no pool, fitness, meeting or business rooms but my wife could have made use of a pool. Everything else was good. Pleasant staff etc.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I really appreciated my stay at the Palo Alto Silicon Valley Travelodge: Easy reservation even for a little group of people, easy check in, a nice comfortable room, reliable wake-up service, breakfast available and a very friendly service, our taxi reservation was punctually made everyday. Any question, request has been answered on a timely basis. The reasonable rate was welcome. Each person of my group enjoyed the stay.

1  Thank Anne-marie V
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Reviewed 11 April 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 April 2014

I wasn't expecting much when I booked into this property for a recent business trip, and its good that I wasn't.

The best part of the hotel is the location. It is within a couple miles of the Stanford campus, and most of the high tech companies in Palo Alto. It's also (relatively) cheap compared to some of the other hotel options available in the area. Other than that (and the fact that it is often hard to find a hotel room in Palo Alto), I can't think of many if any reasons to stay here.

The room was pretty small. It was clean and had all the amenities you'd expect (including a fridge). I didn't hear noise from any of the rooms around me (not sure if they were occupied or not), but I could hear street traffic from El Camino Real. The bathroom was really small, as was the stand-up shower. The shower head was below chest level for me (I'm about 6 feet tall), so my morning shower required a bit of contorting. The bed was also lower than normal, at first I thought maybe it didn't have a boxspring (it did) but for some reason the bed was a foot or two lower than in an average hotel room. I also thought it was weird that when I called for a wake-up all, they asked me what room I was in. It wasn't hard to tell them, but it shows you that there hasn't been a lot of investment made to keep the hotel modern and state-of-the-art.

The continental breakfast was weak. Some cereal, some breads, etc. but no eggs or waffles or pancakes (at least that I saw).

It isn't a horrible place to stay. My room was pretty clean. The location was good. The price was low. But I won't be staying here again when visiting Palo Alto if I can find a room at a better property.

1  Thank Counterweight