“Don't Bother”

Ranked #21 of 27 Hotels in Palo Alto
Palo Alto, California
“Don't Bother”
Reviewed 20 July 2013

Even though their website says they have... wired internet, pop machine, onsite laundry...they don't. Laundry is over one block away. Pop machine, one block away at the quality inn. Wired internet...they refused to fix it even though it didn't work. Fitness center is not onsite and is about 5 or 6 minutes by car. Rooms are outdated. Too bad I'm stuck here because I reserved the room one month in and other hotels are all booked up.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel and not the quality inn as it has the same management.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank travel S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Vancouver, Washington, United States
Reviewed 26 April 2013

I stayed here because I had an interview at Sofia University the next day. As far as getting a good night's sleep, the place was excellent. Bed was super comfortable and the room was nicely maintained and spotless. There a quite a few good restaurants close by too.
However, I had really counted on using their wi-fi to prep as I had documents stored on the cloud and the wi-fi did not reach my room. I had my tablet and therefore could not plug into the ethernet cord. I had to resort to running to the nearest Starbucks that allowed parking for only 30 minutes. When I talked to the front desk clerk the next morning his response was that I should have called thè provider's tech line number posted in the room because they had paid a lot of money for the service and it should have worked. What?! Why is it my responsibility to trouble shoot something they advertise as an amenity?!
The breakfast is pretty sparse too. Good thing it was free.

Room Tip: The rooms at the end - by 227 are nice and quiet - although dark. The wi fi doesn't reach here...
Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Sunnyvale, California
Reviewed 26 April 2013

This hotel is very basic, but affordable in the Palo Alto milieu.
The back side is pretty quiet, but faces a school which is currently undergoing renovation. I can imagine it becoming quite noisy in the future. Also, privacy is defined by the curtains and blinds on the window. Acoustically neighboring rooms are well insulated, but otherwise, you can hear what happens on the balcony outside the room.
The location is convenient for visting Stanford, which is about 4 intersections north on El Camino Real.

Room Tip: Quieter rooms are in the back. There is no elevator, so first floor is better when traveling with l...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank sylikesfood
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I first got booked into a room that faced El Camino - one of the few right on the front of the hotel - I started to unpack, and realized that the road noise would be a bit much overnight. The staff was accomodating about changing my room even though space was tight. There is no elevator, which is sort of a pain if you're carrying luggage. I had trouble with the wifi - the signal would drop unexpectedly. Otherwise, it was all basic, clean, nothing special. The breakfast was very basic (and I skipped it after trying it once.)

Room Tip: Anythng that goes to the back is good. The view won't be good in most rooms.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Fresno, California
Reviewed 19 March 2013

We have stayed at the Comfort Inn in Palo Alto three times this year, while my wife was a patient at Stanford Hospital. It's easy to get to Stanford -- a short drive on El Camino Real. Hotels in Palo Alto are very expensive, especially midweek. Comfort Inn is less expensive than most of the others and seems from reviews I've read to be a step above most of the lower priced ones. In our most recent stay, prices varied each day from a low of $97 to a high of $150. The online reservation site detailed each day's cost, so we were not surprised. The staff are courteous and helpful. When my wife was discharged earlier than we had expected, we left a day early. They charged us only for the nights that we were there. The complimentary breakfast is a nice amenity -- not restaurant fare, but offering a good variety of hot and cold foods with a choice of coffee blends. We've asked for a room away from the street each time and have not been bothered by traffic noise at night. The rooms are spacious and clean. The mini refrigerator and microwave helped me to avoid eating out. The beds are reasonably comfortable, but the pillows are smaller than what we are used to and may not be to everyone's liking . In each room, we've found that our upholstered chair was placed wherever it could fit, whether it had light available for it or not. But the "office" style chair at the desk is comfortable and always has adequate light. (This is important when my wife is there, as she does needlework and needs good light.) I used the complimentary Wi-Fi in the most recent trip and found that it wasn't always reliable. At least three times I lost my signal while online, but it always came back quickly. Cell phone service (a major provider that was available throughout the city) was not available in our most recent room. We consistently got a signal that we could make Emergency Calls Only. My wife noticed that some people were taking their cell phones into the parking lot, where they apparently worked fine. It seemed that our cell phones worked fine the first two times we stayed there, so I don't know what was causing it. If you're willing to put up with the few quirks I've mentioned, you will most likely have a pleasant stay. Reviews of the Quality Inn suggest that it might be comparable, but I don't think you'd find anything better for the price in or near to Palo Alto.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank lookn2retire
Central Valley, California
Reviewed 20 February 2013 via mobile

this is a nice property they are clean very eco friendly and they also accept military discounts which is a plus! it is conveniently located near lots of stores malls and banks. the average per night is 100 to 200 dollars. there were lots of nice people that work there especially the cleaning personnel or maids. they have a pretty decent complimentary breakfast with hot food including a waffle maker. the rooms are pretty small but they have all the accommodations refrigerator that works excellent coffee maker microwave and the also have room service. this hotel is nice overall

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank toccara s
Plano
Reviewed 9 February 2013

works just fine for a business trip - prices are usually the best compared to other local ones. good breakfast. no complaints. i got in late at night and noticed they had a second floor room. I requested a room on first floor and got it done in a minute. check-in and check out is a breeze. i usually book online or call them for special deals. cancellation is not difficult either. hope to stay here on most of my business trips to the bay area. wish there was more parking though. also very close to starbucks and jmaba juice makes morning easier

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business