“Good, clean hotel”

Comfort Inn Palo Alto
Ranked #20 of 27 Hotels in Palo Alto
Reviewed 14 October 2013

The hotel was conveniently located near Stanford for a conference I was attending. The room was clean and the Internet worked well. My only issue was that to be able to use my corporate credit card to check in I was told I had to have someone in my business office fax the front desk that I was authorized to use the card. That was an inconvenient request and one I had never heard before. I ended up using my personal card to pay for the room even though the room was reserved with the corporate card. The beginning of my stay, therefore, did not start well.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 22 September 2013

This is a modest motel we stayed in, along with many other parents, the night before our daughter was to move into her dormitory at Stanford for the start of the academic year. Rooms at this location can be had for a little over $100 at other times, but the demand for rooms at this particular time caused the rate to soar to $170., which is more than it's worth. I don't know how far from Stanford you need to get for the rates to be unaffected by the student calendar.
Yes, it's about supply and demand, but it's annoying to see rates go up so much.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 September 2013

I had to find a hotel near my car repair shop, so I stopped here, based on the Comfort brand. The room was fine and Internet access good. But $170 for a night? A terrible value. Breakfast looked unappetizing -- I didn't bother with it.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank ichiji
Reviewed 31 July 2013

After my wife negotiated a daily rate of $119 on the phone, we got stick shock when hit for $180 on check-in. The lady who spoke with my wife could not be found until our third day, and, remarkably, could not recall the conversation.

If we had paid $119, I wouldn't have minded 1) the lack of a full length mirror, 2) the lack of a wash basin in the toilet, 3) the failure to put up 'please make up room' and 'do not disturb signs,' 4) the mediocre breakfasts, free and, therefore, not overpriced,

Room Tip: Shop around for other establishments on El Camino, or, if you stay here, get their rate confirmed in...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank constanttraveler71
Reviewed 20 July 2013

Even though their website says they have... wired internet, pop machine, onsite laundry...they don't. Laundry is over one block away. Pop machine, one block away at the quality inn. Wired internet...they refused to fix it even though it didn't work. Fitness center is not onsite and is about 5 or 6 minutes by car. Rooms are outdated. Too bad I'm stuck here because I reserved the room one month in and other hotels are all booked up.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel and not the quality inn as it has the same management.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank travel S
Reviewed 26 April 2013

I stayed here because I had an interview at Sofia University the next day. As far as getting a good night's sleep, the place was excellent. Bed was super comfortable and the room was nicely maintained and spotless. There a quite a few good restaurants close by too.
However, I had really counted on using their wi-fi to prep as I had documents stored on the cloud and the wi-fi did not reach my room. I had my tablet and therefore could not plug into the ethernet cord. I had to resort to running to the nearest Starbucks that allowed parking for only 30 minutes. When I talked to the front desk clerk the next morning his response was that I should have called thè provider's tech line number posted in the room because they had paid a lot of money for the service and it should have worked. What?! Why is it my responsibility to trouble shoot something they advertise as an amenity?!
The breakfast is pretty sparse too. Good thing it was free.

Room Tip: The rooms at the end - by 227 are nice and quiet - although dark. The wi fi doesn't reach here...
Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 April 2013

This hotel is very basic, but affordable in the Palo Alto milieu.
The back side is pretty quiet, but faces a school which is currently undergoing renovation. I can imagine it becoming quite noisy in the future. Also, privacy is defined by the curtains and blinds on the window. Acoustically neighboring rooms are well insulated, but otherwise, you can hear what happens on the balcony outside the room.
The location is convenient for visting Stanford, which is about 4 intersections north on El Camino Real.

Room Tip: Quieter rooms are in the back. There is no elevator, so first floor is better when traveling with l...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo