Crowne Plaza Palo Alto
  • Pool
Country Inn(Palo Alto)
Hotel Aria(Mountain View)
View Hotel
All reviewsfront deskcabana roomshuttle servicesilicon valleybusiness tripel caminoself parkinghotel restaurantpleasant staybusiness centersan franciscostanford universitybeatlesjavierdylancybrunch
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 November 2012

My husband and I stayed here for a one night getaway and loved it. The room was beautifully decorated, clean, and had a very spacious, airy feel to it. I especially liked the white wooden shutter blinds and the lovely, light color scheme of the entire room. The bathroom was also large and very comfortable.

Service was great and as a Priority Club Platinum member I received complimentary breakfast.

The only negative to our stay was that the air conditioning unit in the room was a bit noisy at times.

This hotel made us feel like we were at a nice resort somewhere tropical instead of being in Silicon Valley! We will definitely return!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank shinywings
Reviewed 21 November 2012

Second stay at hotel. Everything is fine except on this trip I had a room with no back window on the second floor. Despite an AC system apparently blowing at full capacity, the room was really stuffy and hot. I had to prop open the door with a chair each time I came back to the room in order to breathe. The place is quiet and safe so it wasn't the end of the world, but this should not be. Not sure if I'll stay here again despite everything else being fine.

Room Tip: Avoid the second floor left wing. Ventilation problems.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank whitemountainman
Andreamy7, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Palo Alto, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2012

Dear White Mountain Man,

Thank you so much for returning to us, I can see you had a previous review on us as well from a stay about a year ago. We appreciate your feedback and always want to improve where needed. My sincere apology that the unit was not adequately cooling the room to your expectation. If you would like to discuss with me directly, I would love to address with you if you can take the time. I'd like to have that particular unit you mentioned looked at and I have no way to follow up due to the anonymity of Trip Advisor. I would like to repair the unit properly so future guests do not experience the same issue. I would very much appreciate your time if you can find a moment to either email me or call me at my direct contact below. Again, my apologies, if I can also do anything to make it up to you, I'm happy to help you any way I can.

Many thanks!
650-628-0124

Reviewed 20 November 2012

We wished we stayed here from the beginning of our trip and spared ourselves from the horror of non existent service from Holiday Inn in San Mateo. Right of the bat when we checked in you can feel the warmth of welcoming you to their hotel plus the acknowledgment of being a priority member. The front desk personnel made us feel as guests again, we loved it.
The room was clean, beds comfortable, spacious enough for three adults, most importantly for us the wifi was working. We saw the set up for the Sunday brunch and it looks sumptuous too bad we had to leave to continue our trek to Los Angeles that day.
We fell in love with this hotel and this will now be our new destination every time we pass this way again. Oh before I forget, checking out was another satisfactory experience, front desk personnel made the difference.
We left the hotel with a positive feel good experience kudos to the staff of Crowne Plaza Cabaña.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank goldie75_57
Reviewed 12 November 2012

As a woman traveling alone on business, I felt safe and pampered at this hotel for 4 blissful nights Thurs - Sun. Super clean, silent, comfortable room on a Quiet Zone floor (no kids, no leisure groups, no parties, no slamming doors, no noise allowed). Front desk staff was cheerful and helpful. I enjoyed the breakfast buffet and dinner daily at the hotel restaurant. The dinner menu is brief with no vegetarian entrees, but the food is tasty and the service is tops. Excellent cheese grits!! Request Marcos as your waiter, he is attentive, learned my preferences, and made me feel comfortable. Parking was plentiful and I always found a spot near the front entrance. Fast free wi-fi. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: If you like quiet, ask for a room on a Quiet Zone floor. Quiet Zone guests (adults only, no children allowed) are asked to close doors quietly, keep TV volume low, and be quiet. It was silent! I slept well and was never disturbed by any noise.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank BM609
Andreamy7, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Palo Alto, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2012

Dear BM609,

Thank you very much for your recent stay and review of the Crowne Plaza Cabana Palo Alto. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed a very peaceful stay on our 'Quiet Zone' floor. We will be sure to commend and reward Marcos for his excellent service delivery during your stay. He has been with the Hotel many years and is a valued asset on the Cabana team. We appreciate you taking the time to show your appreciation of his efforts to ensure you are completely satisfied with every aspect of your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Many thanks,
650-628-0124

Reviewed 4 November 2012

It was great to be back at the Crowne Plaza Cabana! Everthing was wonderful on this visit, as it has been on all of our visits. We were upgraded to a nice room on the top floor that was spotlessly clean and comfortable and every member of the staff that we had contact with was friendly and helpful. The Front Desk Supervisor (Zeenal) went out of her way to make sure that we enjoyed our stay, and she succeeded spectacularly! Our only regret is that we won't be in the Bay Area for our anniversary later this month and we won't be spending it at the Cabana for the first time in years :(. We love everything about staying at the Cabana, and we can't wait for our next visit!

Room Tip: The rooms in the main building are our favorites.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Andreamy7, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Palo Alto, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2012

Dear Stanfordfan,

Thank you so much for another fantastic review. We appreciate the accolades and appreciate your return travel back to the Crowne Plaza Cabana, Palo Alto. We love to see that you enjoy yoru stay and feel welcomed each time you return. We want to ensure all our guests feel that way and the team works hard to meet and exceed your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future. Thank you for mentioning Zeenal, she is a wonderful team member that has been with us a number of years and we appreciate her hospitable attitude to make you feel welcome to the property upon every return. We will be sure to thank her for her efforts. Wishing you a Happy Anniversary! Hope to see you soon!

Many thanks,