“All is Well”

Ranked #9 of 27 Hotels in Palo Alto
BLUFFTON
“All is Well”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

We checked in today...I was worried having read some of the reviews. Our room is lovely, spacious, and clean. Not "tired". The young man who took care of our car and luggage was very polite and the maintenance person, George, was a true delight. Full of manners and joy. So far we have not tried the food but I really needed to put a plug in for a hotel that seems to be doing things right~ More later~

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Matt S, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Palo Alto, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Hello Joan_MBluffton,

Thank you so much for taking time during your stay to share your kind words. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Crowne Plaza Palo Alto. It is always wonderful to hear that your were pleasantly surprised by your experience. I will be sure to share your kind words with my team.

We appreciate your feedback and hope to welcome you again soon.

650.628.0124

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Dublin
Reviewed 26 April 2014

I stayed one night at this hotel while on business as a solo traveller. I found the hotel to be clean with reasonably friendly check in staff but that was the extent of my positive experience. The hotel was very, very basic and expensive. I stayed downstairs, the tiles resulted in no sleep as the corridor was very noisy all night. Breakfast was very, very poor - poor quality and even worse service. I had room service - a beef burger and glass of wine - inc service and tip it was $44 for something very low in quality.

I will not be staying again.

Room Tip: You will get no sleep on the ground floor
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Matt S, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Palo Alto, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Hello Irish_Madge,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. I apologize that you did not fully enjoy your time at the hotel. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We are currently in contact with our owners regarding property improvements and hope be able to resolve these areas of growth within the next 18 months.

I am sorry to hear that your food was less than satisfactory. We have just recently brought on a new executive chef who is working to create a new menu.

Once again, thank you for staying and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again on your next visit to the area.

Rehovot, Israel
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I recently stayed in the Crowne Plaza Palo Alto for several nights and ws disappointed. This is despite several previous stays over several years. The room furnishings were outdated and well in line for replacement, the airconditioner was noisy and breakfast was below average. In addition to all this I happened to coincide with some conference in town and the charges were outrageous, reaching $450 a night on the last night.
Probably would avoid this hotel in the future.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Matt S, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Palo Alto, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Hello and thank you for taking to time to leave your feedback regarding your stay with us. We strive to make every guest experience memorable and all feedback, both good and bad, assist us to do so. I am so sorry to hear that your stay with us was less than staisfactory.

We are currently in communication with our ownership regarding many of the items you have addressed and hope to have these items corrrected within the next 18 months. We have also just hired a new executive chef who is in the process of creating a new and inspired menu.

Thank you again for your feedback. We know that you have many choices when deciding where to stay in the Silicon Valley and do hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

... according to a poster in the elevator. Not sure if they liked it. Average hotel with spacious rooms but getting a bit tired. Small and outdated fitness facilities. Breakfast uninspired. Rooms are expensive but comparable to similar hotels in the vicinity. Friendly staff.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back overlooking the view have my preference. You can park opposite in motel-style
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Matt S, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Palo Alto, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Thank you so very much for taking the time to leave us a review! With honest feedback, we can take actions to improve.

We have just hired a new Executive Chef and he begins soon and we are eagerly awaiting his input on our menus to ensure all meal periods have INSPIRED food and beverage offerings!

Regarding our staff, thank you for the nice comment about them being friendly...I certainly do agree!

Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to being your preferred hotel of choice on your next trip to the Silicon Valley.

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 10 April 2014

I stayed here on business travel and now I'm recommending that it be taken off their list of preferred locations.

The hotel is in need of repair and it does not resemble the ambiance that they try to portray on their site. The pool was closed even though the outdoor pools at neighboring locations was open. Throughout the hotel many things were only half repaired. It's as if repairs started and they ran out of funds.

There are garish lights positioned above every window that shine through the curtains. They would not turn these lights off but offered a curtain clip instead. The clips do not keep all of the light out of the room. I had enough light that I could still read my newspaper.

The hotel is an older building and the walls are thin. I could hear the elevators all night long. I could hear conversations in the hallways.

To top it all off they refused to help me with the billing situation. They were supposed to bill the employer and now they have billed both of us. They are argumentative and completely unwilling to try to help solve the situation.

The best part of my stay was the free shuttle service. The gentleman that drove the shuttle was also quite a good conversationalist.

Room Tip: Choose rooms on the pool side since they don't have lights shining into their windows.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Kirk E
Matt S, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Palo Alto, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and I do apologize that we did not meet your expectations on several areas.

Regarding our pool hours, I'll certainly look into extending the hours to accommodate early morning or late night usage. I will just need to find a balance between the happiness of the pool guests as well as the quietness requested by those guests in poolside rooms.

Regarding the garish lights, I do agree and we are already working with an exterior lighting company to improve our lighting to not come into the guestroom windows, but to illuminate the exterior.

And my apologies regarding our poor hospitality about your billing. This is not my expectation of hospitality from our employees and we should have got it right the first time. I'll have one of my team members reach out to you on this matter to mend our mistake.

And thank you for your nice comments about our shuttle driver and shuttle service.

matt.swanson@cabanapaloalto.com
Port Hueneme, California
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Great stay and wonderful staff. Thumbs up also on the Crown Plaza shuttle van free parking and internet. Lots of great food close by walking distance.Thank you I give them a 10 A+ great rates
Came to see my son play baseball. Stanford vs Oregon came with 8 falimy members

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Baseball4mykids
Thank you so very much for choosing us as your preferred hotel while on your trip to see your son play baseball! Thank you for your feedback and we'll make sure to share it with our employees...it will brighten their day!

Cheers...Matt
Horsham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

Had a nice stay here, friendly staff, but had a couple of issues.
1 left my jacket in the bar one night, asked 5 members of staff about it, promised to ask house keeping, check lost property everything, but nobody found it, until I bumped into the night security guard who said, yeh we have it, it has been in housekeeping all week :-(
2 new omelette bar at breakfast. One thing I love in America is the chef cooking fresh omelettes for you, but no such luck here, running scrambled eggs.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank John H
Matt S, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Palo Alto, responded to this review, 23 March 2014
Thank you John for choosing to stay with us during your trip to the Silicon Valley and I really appreciate your feedback on your stay. Thank you for your nice comments on our employees, I do agree, we have wonderful people here who are ever striving to make our guests happy on all fronts!

My apologies on how we were not able to quickly find your jacket. I know how frustrating it can be to lose an important article of clothing when traveling. And your feedback will allow us to retrain our people on our lost and found standard operating procedures to ensure this does not happen again.

Could not agree more regarding a chef on the floor cooking fresh omelettes for our guests. This is on my radar to work on the logistics with my Executive Chef so we can roll it out in the near future.

Once again, thank you for your honest feedback since it allows us to improve our overall hospitality that our guests receive.

Should you have any other feedback to share, please don't hesitate to e-mail me at matt.swanson@cabanapaloalto.com

Matt