“Excellent Palo Alto Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Crowne Plaza Palo Alto

Crowne Plaza Palo Alto
Ranked #8 of 27 Hotels in Palo Alto
sacramento, ca
“Excellent Palo Alto Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2004

We stayed here for a weekend rate of $79.01 per night that was offered through the hotel. This is an excellent business class hotel. The rooms are nicely appointed and the pool area was lovely and uncrowded. The service throughout the hotel was courteous and helpful. I don't think I have had this good a deal in the last 10 years. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2004
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank prospectivetraveler

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2004

I stayed here with my family at the end of June. The hotel is beautiful. There are pictures and stories about famous visitors and legends. Doris Day opened this hotel! The ambiance is wonderful. My kids enjoyed in the enormous and sparkling pool. I loved the live music at the bar. We liked it so much, I have booked a sleepover party here for my daughter later this summer.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2004

I stayed one night in July. I was very dissapointed with the service at the front desk area. I checked in, no bell service was offered. There was no information given by the front office clerk, other than to ask me to verify the rate, initial the paragraph that I would be charged $100 if there was smoking in my Non-smoking room. (if I had wanted to smoke, I would have asked for a smoking room) and to sign the registration form.
At check out, the clerk gave no greeting, never thanked me for staying with them, didn't ask if I enjoyed my stay (a standard at most hotels.) And handed me a receipt for the wrong room. I hope he didn't check out that person by mistake. Very impersonal. I would not stay there again at the rate that was charged. The room was OK. Bathroom very small. No counter for personal items.

Paso Robles,CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2003

Our family stayed at this hotel for a weekend and really enjoyed it. It was clean and luxurious. The room service was fun for the kids. The hotel itself was beautiful, very quiet rooms, comfortable, lots of amenities. And we got our room for a very cheap price online. I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2003

If you are in business in the Silicon area, then this is an ok choice.
But, the Crowne Plaza Cabana claims to be located in Palo Alto, so we were in for a surprise when we noticed that it was very remotely located, and I am not sure if it is even within the Palo Alto border!

The rooms are ok, but the carpet was not very well kept - the floor surface was visible next to the window.

I suppose that the somewhat bad service from the staff is due to the recession of the hotel, but being unfriendly is not the way to retain a better reputation.

The price level is too high in comparison with what is offered.... And as said, the location is bad. If you wish to have some leisure time while doing your business, I would recommend you to stay in downtown Palo Alto. You can then choose from the Sheraton, Westin, and Cardinal hotels, just to mention a few.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member