“Grea Pho Bo, good service”

Three Seasons Restaurant
Ranked #86 of 372 Restaurants in Palo Alto
Price range: US$31 - US$40
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed 22 July 2013

This is a regular restaurant, with a nice ambiance and an excellent vietnamese food. Nothing fancy nor glamorous, but it does serve its purpose.

Reviewed 20 July 2013

Loved this restaurant in 2007/8/9. It was lackluster. My spring rolls were burnt! and Bok Choi overcooked. Definitely not what it used to be.

Reviewed 30 June 2013

Came here on Father's Day (June 16) with my husband for dinner because of a groupon we bought a month ago. The restrictions on the groupon specifically said that the voucher cannot be used on certain dates, including June 15. But when we went, it was June 16 (which yes, was Father's Day). When I told 1 of the servers that we have a voucher, he told us that must be a typo because it's Father's Day and they cannot take vouchers on holidays. I told him the only reason why I was here was because of the voucher and we are from So. Cal, and do not plan on coming back in the area. He then went to get another server to help us (not sure why he couldn't help us). This server told us that she would check to see if we could use it (I am not sure what the big deal is because even if the date was written wrong, it shouldn't matter. They should still honor it).

About 5 minutes later, the server comes back to us and said we can use it. I did not like this server because she gave us a TON of attitude throughout our meal. She was only somewhat nice or just professional a few times during the meal.

But anyways, this is what we ordered:

Peking Duck Spring Rolls- This dish came with 2 shooter glasses containing pureed asparagus soup, which was very good and wonderfully nice and warm. The spring rolls we had tasted good, but only came with a skimpy amount of duck meat, so you could barely taste them. I was a little disappointed with the portion of this for the price of $12.75 (before tax)

Asparagus & Dungeness Crab Soup- Tasted good, wished there was more crab though. This soup is barely enough for 2 people to share, so was a bit disappointed with the amount for the price, $9.75 (before tax)

Green Papaya Salad with Shrimp- This salad was quite disappointing. Although the green papaya tasted fresh, the dressing was DISGUSTING! Thank goodness we asked for it on the side because the dressing did not go well with the dish overall at all. I am not a chef, but I do plenty of cooking and I know enough that sometimes you need to add some few elements (acidity for one) to really bring a dish together and the dressing did not do it. Eating the salad w/o dressing made us feel like it was definitely missing something. What a rip off for $12.75 (yep, before tax)

Grapefruit with Jicama Salad- I though this salad just tasted average and was really hoping it would have been more refreshing. Just like the papaya salad, the dressing was tasted horrible (was given the same dressing). I also had the dressing placed on the side for this one. I was disappointed that the grapefruit in this salad was not cold but a little on the warmer side. The only thing I truly liked in this salad were the chopped cashews. I was very disappointed with this salad ($11.50 prior to tax).

Overall, service was quite POOR and food was a major FAILURE. I feel ripped off for even buying a groupon for this place (and I bought the groupon at a discount because I had a coupon code!) and for wasting my calorie allowance for a place that is a poor excuse for "Asian Fusion". If you come here, you are getting overly priced Americanized Asian food with slow and lousy service. You are better off going to one of the many other Asian restaurants all along Old Town Palo Alto.

I would never come here again.

Reviewed 31 March 2013

Nice ambience & service. Ambience is better than Tamarine. Food was good. Many vegetarian & vegan items. The Spinach noodles & curry vegies are really good. The lemon tofu & green beans are also very good. The crispy vegetarian rolls, tofu eggplant stay & spicy okra were ok. Drinks: the virgin guavati & lemonade/passion fruit iced tea was good. Our friends loved the creme brulee bu we liked the chocolate fondant as well as the mango sorbet, vanilla sorbet & coconut ice cream.

Reviewed 27 March 2013

Sure, the Old Pro has their amazing onion rings and sports videos, and Nola's has their infamous Mojitos and Hurricanes, but if you want the best combination of $5.00 appetizers and specialty well drinks at great prices between 5:00 and 7:00 pm, head down Centennial Way near University Arts to The Three Seasons Restaurant and bar for attentive service and delicious food. My recommendations are for the traditional spring rolls, chicken satay, and garlic noodles (all for $5!) and the light, sweet and fresh lichee martini. Ryan will take good care of you and will make sure your martini glass doesn't run dry. The ambiance is beautiful and the decor is both elegant and relaxed. Numerous Buddhas keep their eyes on the guests and offer a feeling of serenity. Enjoy!