“Good bagels; some employees need some training”

Izzy's Brooklyn Bagels
Ranked #1 of 12 Bakeries in Palo Alto
Pasadena, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good bagels; some employees need some training”
Reviewed 29 September 2013

I have been there multiple times (almost every day) for a chunk of time during a business trip. Sometimes I would order just for myself, other times for the group.

The bagels are really good, as are the different cream cheese spreads. Highly recommended.

On three occasions I was somewhat disappointed:
1. Got there once right before opening at 6 AM. They opened the doors just after 6 but weren't ready (coffee/creamers not out, etc.).
2. There is one item I always wanted and a few times they didn't have it. It seems they don't bake them first thing and then they run out quickly.
3. One time the employee completely confused my order (a bagel for now plus half dozen for later) and I ended up with 4 bagels (but I found out once I was already 20 minutes away).

Overall it's a great place.

• Visited September 2013

Las Vegas, Nevada
“Good bagels”
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Been there three times. Lots of students and tourists, and usually fairly long lines to order, which moves relatively quickly. Food is relatively inexpensive and good for the price. I usually order bagels with lox special at 4.99 and a cup of coffee. I always order toasted because the order taker can't tell me if the bagel is soft (that is, just baked) or not. Coffee is decent. Limited seating, inside out out and very busy, but people move in and out quickly so have never had a problem finding a seat. Lots of kids running around.

Visited September 2013
Palo Alto, California
“The line short and moves fast, the bagels are worth it”
Reviewed 25 June 2013

It's wonderful to get here early in the morning and even later in the day for the smell of Izzy's fresh baked challah and bagels are a delight.

Visited June 2013
San Luis Obispo, California
“BIALYS”
Reviewed 19 May 2013

Great tasteing bialys. Closest to NY you will find only doule the size. I live 200 miles away and cll them that i am comeing and they have them freshly ready when I arrive.

• Visited September 2012
Kalispell
“Good bagels, lots of variety”
Reviewed 30 April 2013

What a bagel should be. Lots of choices of flavors and toppings. Busy on weekends, but staff moves fast.

Visited April 2013