“This place is NUTS! Sandwiches So Good!”
Review of Ace of Sandwiches

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Ace of Sandwiches
Ranked #180 of 361 Restaurants in Palo Alto
California
“This place is NUTS! Sandwiches So Good!”
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Darrell and Ramon. Your Sandwich shop is crazy. Ace of Sandwiches is so good, i don't know where to start. I was in Palo Alto because my daughter underwent brain surgery at Stanford Hospital. It was our first day before surgery, and we were all hungry for a late lunch but didn't want to eat sit down. Everyone wanted a simple sandwich, so I fired up Trip Advisor and found the Ace of Sandwiches was only 4 blocks away.

Ok, For the first times to Ace, yeah, it's overwhelming. Selecting a sandwich from the menu takes time. There are so many from which to choose. My problem is that so many looked so interesting and good, that I wished I could order more and more and more. Crazy sandwich names. Crazy sandwich ingredients that just plain WORK. I ordered an Atomic Pastrami on my first visit, then on my second visit I had to order the "Hot n Tot". Yeah, tater tots somehow incorporated into this sandwich design. Jerk Turkey, Tater Tots, bacon, crushed jalepeno chips, jalepeno jack cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion, honey/siriacha Mayo on a toasted sweet roll.
Guys were friendly behind the counter, and helpful and patient while we tried to decide. It was about 2:30 or 3pm on a Tuesday afternoon, and only a few people inside at the time. So I thought that this was how it always was. Couple of days later, I returned during lunch time and there were about 25-30 people outside, enjoying sandwiches. Place was jumping. So great to see.
They have a website with online menu. Go there first and try not to drool while you sort out what just may well be the best sandwich you've ever eaten. Have fun at the ace of sandwiches. I did.

And oh yeah, they deliver. I wondered if they delivered to Stanford Hospital, where we'd be staying to care for our daughter, and they said that they do it all the time. They have a cool delivery truck too. Great place, you won't regret the visit.

• Visited January 2014

Los Altos, California
“Fantastic Sandwiches”
Reviewed 3 January 2014

This is by far my favorite sandwich place I have ever been. The owner is extremely friendly and makes some amazing sandwiches. There is a line during the lunch rush, but they make the sandwiches extremely fast so it won't take too long. My favorite is by far the Louisiana Lightning. However, you definitely need to take time to read through the entire menu before ordering. I get this sandwich every other time I visit. I highly recommend this sandwich shop!

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank ZacharyB650
San Jose, California
“Run...Don't Walk For A Remarkable Sandwich”
Reviewed 19 August 2013 via mobile

Between soccer matches, we need some sustenance and "Ace" hit the spot. Besides for an unbelievable selection of sandwiches (over 100 combinations), it is a family run restaurant and it shows...attention to detail, great service and a willingness to accommodate special requests. We ordered four sandwiches (one that had to be split between two boys, one with food allergies) and all were amazing. There was an initial problem with the half sandwich for the child with allergies, but instead of trying to correct the problem, they remade the half sandwich...class and quality.

We will become regulars when in the area...

Visited August 2013
“Excellent Fresh Sandwichs”
Reviewed 2 July 2013

Our family loves getting Ace sandwiches. The Sandwichs are large and the fixings are fresh. Highly recommend!

• Visited June 2013
San Jose
“My Favorite Cold Cut Sandwich”
Reviewed 14 March 2013

This tiny sandwich shop on El Camino delivers with consistency every time. I'm not able to provide insight on very much of the menu. But if "The Realness" is any indication of the rest of their food, you will not be disappointed. "The Realness" is turkey, ham, and roastbeef. And, it is topped with some condiments, bacon, and avocado. The italian bread is always perfect. It goes very nicely with their bottled root beer. Seriously, it is easily 1 of my top 5 favorite sandwiches. And, I can't think of any better cold cut sandwich.

In the middle of the lunch rush, parking can be tricky. And, they only have about 10 small tables including the 3 or 4 outside. But, it is worth it. Also, be advised that the price is above average for lunch. The sandwich and drink run about $12.

One more plus is definitely their customer service. They are always friendly, and make the effort to find you when your food is ready, even delivering it to you outside on the patio.

• Visited March 2013