“Always good, always a line”
Review of Gelato Classico

Gelato Classico
Ranked #18 of 22 Dessert in Palo Alto
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Takeout
Boston
“Always good, always a line”
Reviewed 9 September 2012

Not a long line - just shows that it is appreciated. Order at the counter, great variety of choices both gelato and ice cream, and then take outside. There's a few tables outside but plan to eat standing or walking. Nice after eating a spicy dinner next door at Jing Jing or elsewhere.

• Visited July 2012

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Very Good, We Went Twice”
Reviewed 26 July 2012

My boyfriend and I went twice during our trip to San Francisco. We ended up here twice for several reasons - I really like gelato, the gelato is definitely very good, and it was convenient to where we were staying. The large variety of unique flavors - like lavender or ginger - is probably what makes this place great. We were able to try as many flavors as we wanted. And the cups are completely packed with gelato (not scoops) - I was always happy with a small cup.

• Visited July 2012
Palo Alto, California
“A Great Surprise”
Reviewed 5 July 2012

We just returned from a trip to Italy and we were having an Italian meal in honor of our trip and the Euro soccer final. I picked up some pizza from Patxis next door and was on the way to the car when I saw a family licking their gelato cones outside the shop. I darted in and was happy to see they had stracciatela (a bit like chocolate chip - my son's favorite flavor of gelato) and even happier when I found out they had Nocciola (hazelnut). I got a pint of both of those flavors and a pint of dark chocolate. Each was $7.95. They were delicious and I will definitely go back.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank Colleen D
Santa Monica, California
“Amazing”
Reviewed 7 June 2012

It seems that great gelato is getting harder to find so run don't walk to this place. Best I have ever had, anywhere!

San Francisco
“Tasty, authentic gelato”
Reviewed 6 February 2012

Unless you are planning to go to Florence, Gelato Classico is one of the closest things to an authentic gelato that you are going to find in these parts. They have various traditional flavors such as hazelnut, chocolate, and coffee, as well as some more interesting sorbet flavors. My favorite is the passionfruit sorbet!

Visited March 2011