“Never EVER Again. EVER. Did I Say EVER??”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Parker Dam
Black Meadow Landing
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Parker Dam
Fontana, California
“Never EVER Again. EVER. Did I Say EVER??”
Reviewed 18 April 2012

Black Meadows Landing has to be one of the biggest jokes I have ever been to. You read the reviews on here and you think to yourself, "Maybe after the drive and them wanting you to pay extra if you get here 15 minutes early, just maybe the last reviewer was in a bad mood. Well, I can honestly say every reviewer before me was being kind. As far as cockroaches, they were nice. If you asked, they would go get you coffee in the morning and put your boat in the water. The roach with the cowboy hat was the nicest!! OK, seriously, they were big and there were lots!! In the daytime, while the motel was filthy, you only saw a roach or two. When you came home at night and turned the lights on, it looked like there was a blanket over everything...and the blanket was moving. It was disgusting!! I still had to sleep in this room. Please let me sleep with my mouth closed!! The family that was staying next to me had to go to Parker's emergency room because their son got a roach stuck in his ear and couldn't get it out. Luckily they had insurance!!

Now, let's go to the friendly owners. One guy on the beach had reserved his site 6 months before and when he got there, some was in his spot. He had a beer while they were trying to resolve it because the guy who took his spot refused to move because he liked it there and he had reserved a space 2 lanes up that WAS NOT on the beach. So, the guy who hijacked this other gentleman’s spot told the owner he will pack up and move in the morning. The guy who had the beach spot said hell no. He reserved it and he was not going to park in another spot and hook up, just to move in the morning. The guy even offered to help the other guy move. The guy said no, he will move in the morning. By this time, the guy who's spot was hijacked was on his second beer. The owner SHOULD have told the one guy move or be thrown off the camp ground. BUT, in a move that still blows me away, he told the guy who reserved the beach spot to leave the camp ground because he didn't need to have people on the property who were un-reasonable. My jaw hit the floor. THEN to it off, the owner called on his radio to the front gate to call the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department because someone is coming down from the camp ground that had been drinking!! I will be the first one to say drinking and driving is not cool. More-so at the river because people drink and do stupid things and get killed. But this by all means was a joke. Because of this, I have posted everywhere I can to allow people to know the quality of people who run this resort. First, you threw the wrong guy off the property. Second, now this guy knows what he has to do to reserve a cheap RV space and get a beach RV space. Then last, but this is the deal breaker for me, you called the police to have this guy get arrested for a DUI. He was with his wife and 2 kids. You think this might have scared the hell out of the kid’s not even get into the fines and other trouble if he did get a DUI.

All I can say is Black Meadows Landing is a joke. It’s run by people who have no business being in any type of service industry. This last incident was just the icing on the cake of everything I saw for 3 days before this. The front gate people are rude and I’m surprised they are not armed because I saw PLENTY of people come out of there that wanted beat the crap out of them. While I know sometimes you get frustrated working with customers, you don’t tell them if they don’t like something to leave and don’t ever come back. I can tell you what, that was the best bit of advice I got the whole weekend!!

Room Tip: Sleeping bag on the ground outside of the gate. I would rather take my chances with the animals tha...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
9 Thank Michael N

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Hemet
Reviewed 11 April 2012

We originally went to BML to use their tent sites. Upon arrival it was much too windy to set up a tent (our fault for not checking the weather). We decided to take one of the Kitchenette units they had available. Automatically it was upsetting to go from $35/night to $115/night.
I honestly have NO IDEA why they charge so much. Not worth the $$$!
Outdated everything, no TV, no phone, one eye on the stove worked, dirty fridge, dirty table.
Everything here is just REALLY old. The only positive thing I have to say is that the location is amazing. Great little beach area. Great marina. Great hiking. Etc.
I wouldn't stay in the Kitchenette again, but would bring an RV or tent camp.
The lady at the front was grumpy and not exactly pleasant. Man at the store was really nice.

Room Tip: Don't stay in these rooms unless you bring your own EVERYTHING and plan on only using the room f...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Larayna08
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed 10 April 2012

This is our third winter here and it is absolutely a fantastic place to spend a winter. We have met so many fantastic people and formed some really close friendships over the past three years. Thank you Lori and George for a wonderful winter and also thank you to all your wonderful staff. We hope to be able to continue to come here for many many more years . Ron and Brenda Pelletier.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Black Meadow Landing, California, United States
Reviewed 7 April 2012

This is our 6th year of wintering at Black Meadow Landing. George & Lori take wonderful care of there winter guest,. Our golf course is beautiful . The restaurant is doing really well with Tina in charge , she has specials all winter. This is a little bit of Paradise & we want to keep it a secret.
Randy & Shelly

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Shelly Sciacca B
Murrieta, California
Reviewed 11 March 2012

My husband and I thought it would be nice to go camping on out tents. We reserved at Black Meadows for two nights and cut it short to one night because it was nasty. We were the only ones there tent camping, and all these retirees just stared at us like we were some kind of weird animals camping in tents. To top it off the night was horrible with animals all over!!! anyways, worst experience this place should just be a retirement home

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Cristi F
Fontana, California
Reviewed 26 August 2011

We rented a Kitchen Cabin for 4 nights. As soon as we opened the doors I noticed the floors where dirty. The kitchen was all dusty and stove had foil paper on stove burners...Who does that. Anyway the Ac was great really noisy but cold. We had other family with there own R.V.S staying there so most of the day was spent out on lake. We only slept there to my surprise every night I would come to a room full of BIG NASTY ROACHES walking around. Next morning went to management which were the rudest people and told them about it they acted like I was crazy and ofered to drop off some bug spray by the door. After I spraid I asked if I can get clean towels n sheets they said sure YOU take them Off n leave outside door and we will drop off clean ones. They left my "clean" linens out side my door in trashbag!! We left one day early we could'nt take it any more and they just don't care!!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
8 Thank Letty V
Corona, California
Reviewed 14 August 2011

We stayed at the Black meadow for a weekend. Showed up early was charged to enter the gate. The 1/4 wide trailer we stayed in was disgusting. Let's go down the list:
1. Bathroom Filthy. Tub looks like it hasnt been cleaned in 50 years. Floors are dirty throughout.
2. Sheets and Bed are disgusting. Not welcoming. Sleep on top with your own clean towel.
3. Fridge didn't keep anything cold and smelled like something died!
4. No TV!! No Phone!!! Are you Kidding me? They need to put that on their webiste. The built in radio from the 50's was obviously broken. Our entertainment was the donkeys outside doing it at 2am.
5. Dead bugs
6. Fire extinguisher was old and in the "thow away" zone on the can.
I could go on but you get the idea.
We ate at their restraunt. Ordered a pizza that was burnt. and two Corndbeef melt sandwiches with Water and paid $58!!! Robery!
The worst of it all.... We were polite guests, didn't make noise past ten, didn't ask for anything additional to what was "provided" Paid money in their restraunt, paid money for their gas (that took 35 minutes to pump) paid money in their local store, paid extra to enter early and at the end of the trip when we complained about the amentities, the manager told us that WE must have emptied the fire exstinguisher, that if the room was dirty that WE must have done it, and I quote "Get out of here and don't ever come back!". We replied "with pleasure".
At the end of the day, these people rob you of your hard earned money, treat you like dirt and the kick you in the rear when you leave.
I wish I would have read the reviews before I went and had not wasted my money.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
8 Thank Michelle C

Been to Black Meadow Landing? Share your experiences!