“A carnivore's delight”
Review of Malbec

Malbec
Reserve with OpenTable
Malbec is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 716 Restaurants in Pasadena
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 26 December 2013

If you love beef, this is your place. If you like Churrasco, you will love it here, but I suggest ordering the one w/o sauce. The accompanying sides are excellent. They have a large wine list, incl. many malbecs, of course, and many are priced very fairly. They have valet pkg ($5.), which is a great help. They are quite busy & crowded, especially on weekends, so reservations are a must. My only quibble...I felt somewhat pushed by our waitress to order almost moments after we were seated.....barely enough time to look at the menu...and then we saw little ofher thereafter.

There are newer reviews for Malbec

Reviewed 12 November 2013

Every time I come to LA I visit this restaurant.
I have found the food and the service to be fantastic.
It is a little bit pricey but it is well worth it.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

We were seated right away when we arrived on Friday for our 7pm reservation.

Our waiter was a quirky fellow. Nice guy nonetheless. Made recommendations. (Suggested a wine which I did not like; tasted cheap.)

Food:
-Ordered the Entraña al Chimichurri. I am not a big beef fan in general, however those that I was dining with said it was the best dish of the evening.
-I was also able to try the Tallarines Golfo Nuevo (the pasta). It was pretty tasty!
-Hongos Provenzal: This side was just so-so. Button mushroom served in a cast iron dish.
-Papas Provenzal: Definitely get these fries. Full of flavor. However I would have liked it if it wasn't so oily...
-Crema de Choclo: Very rich cream corn. Had a bite of it and I was done. It tasted good, just very heavy.

Service: Started good. Then towards the end of the night when we were done with our meal, it took forever to flag down our waiter so that he can get our check. Also I am STILL bitter at the fact that everyone else around us got bread and we didn't!

Plenty of street parking if you don't want to valet.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

I always intrigued everytime I passed this place by.One day I decided, why not? And I'm not dissapointed. The menu is variative and the wine lists are representative of Argentina's main varietals. The service is attentive and the dishes are excellent.Leave some room for dessert because they're really tempting! Service was very congenial(thx Brianna for creating such atmosphere!)

Reviewed 5 October 2013

In the past few years I have been an entusiastic supporter of this restaurant but not anymore.
Since my last visit (july 2012) something has changed for the worse.
Prices have sky rocketed and the quality of the food is no longer the same. According to my experience the loss cannot be just an isolate episode but comes from something much deeper. Very likely they must have changed the chef and the new one has not the same genius of the
previous one.
I had a clam sauté with no personality, and a mix of grilled beef which I could have had anywhere else for half the price.
There was not the usual appetizers with chimichurri, and not even the usual pleasant latino atmosphere. I hope that the owners will realize the bad drift the place has taken and will recover.