“Great food”

Ranked #188 of 728 Restaurants in Pasadena
Price range: US$8 - US$15
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Reviewed 2 November 2011

Our motel was two blocks from the Sahara. Taking a chance we chose it for dinner one evening and returned two more times. If you are a fan of Armenian food which is like most of the foods in Greece or Turkey, you will like this restaurant. Very good and so are the prices

Reviewed 10 September 2011

Cabbage salad-too much of one thing. The pita bread is store bought. Lamb kabab was ok with roasted peppers, onions and tomato. Rice was box like, could have been Uncle Ben's. Waiter so confident that the food was great that I couldn't burst his bubble. The stuffed grape leaves were the high-light, but overall, not much depth of flavor to this place. Left with a very strong onion flavor in my mouth. I shall not return.

1  Thank Ruesterant
Reviewed 23 January 2010

Sahara isn't much on atmosphere, but the food is wonderful. I had the vegetarian platter and the Baba Ghanoush was perfect. My husband had kabobs with beef, lamb and vegetables.
The atmosphere is a bit depressing. It feels like an 80's cafeteria. The decor is clean but seriously outdated and the only lighting is overhead florescent lights. Some softer, more pleasant lighting would help a lot.
If I lived in Pasadena, I would order take out and eat it at home.

Reviewed 17 November 2009

a favorite; and they keep you well stocked on pita bread with your meal.
Good food; decor is lacking, but clean.

Reviewed 6 November 2009

I loved Armenian food!!! I liked Hammus, Babaghanouj and Pita Bread...!!!