“Wednesday eve- Open Mic”

Ice House Comedy Nightclub
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I was in Pasadena for the day so thought I'd check out the free open mic evening @ 6pm. It was of course hit & miss with the acts. But it was a relaxing 1.5 hours and free evening (minus the drinks of course)
Cool venue with multiple rooms (a few indoor rooms & large outdoor)

1  Thank cakesandtravel

Reviewed 28 June 2014

My husband and I usually go to other comedy clubs for date night however, groupon had a deal for the ice house so we decided to try it out. I called the day of to make a reservation for a Thursday night and the representative was very helpful. We arrived around 7:15pm for the 8pm show. We waited in the bar until they seated us. There weren't that many people so seating was quick and easy. The waiter (Lucas) was very friendly and took our food and drink order. We didn't need to wait that long before the food and our first drink arrived. Halfway through the show our other drink showed up, perfect timing. The show itself was funny, all 7 comedians made me laugh. I was very surprised because most shows are hit and miss. Overall, I really enjoyed date night and will be coming back again.

The only con in my opinion is the one bathroom. So ladies if you need to go, get there quickly or you will be waiting in line for a while.

1  Thank MrsBrandt
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I recently went to the Pasadena Ice House Comedy Club with my wife. This was our third time going to the Ice House. I enjoyed visiting the Ice House until this most recent visit.

The Ice House is located on a side street, almost in a back alley, if it's your first time there, you may have a little difficulty locating it. The first time we drove past it twice before we saw it.

The shows usually consist of 3 comedians, all of which are pretty funny.

There is the typical two drink minimum. Drinks are pretty good, and the average price is $11 per drink. Any drink you buy in the bar waiting for the show to start, does not count toward your two drink show room minimum.

During our past visits, we got there a little early to ensure we got a good seat. This last time, we arrived 40 minutes early, and was looking forward to a seat in the front, but they have something new which this didn't have on our past visits. They now have VIP seating.

For an additional $7 per seat, you get access to the prime seats. Despite us arriving early and being the first in the show room, we weren't allowed to sit in the better seats.

I really do hate when business keep trying to squeeze more money out of the customers. If you go to the Ice House, you are going to pay at least $20 per person for entrance, then another $50 in drinks, plus tips. You are already paying over $100 for some drinks and a couple of hours of laughs. I really don't see the need to for the Ice House to try to squeeze another $15 per couple out of its customers. Just my opinion.

Because of the VIP seat charges, I will probably not visit the Ice House anymore, but will instead visit smaller, less expensive comedy clubs.

Other than the VIP seating charge, the Ice House is a fun experience.

5  Thank SNAFU23
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Ice House Comedy Club is a great place to see comedy. We usually go once or twice a year, most recently in March., The comedy club is small but still draws very good comedians. Appetizers and drinks are good. Nice location in Pasadena to see a show. Well run comedy club.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

I have been to the Ice House several times. I believe that it is the only comedy club in Pasadena. The comedians range from some of the more well known to the up-and-comers (some are funnier than others, of course). The cost of admission is minimal and there is a two drink minimum. Food is also available to order. The location of the club stinks, though. You walk through an alley to get to the club. Parking is terrible if you can find anything through that alley and some "strange" pay system to park. The entire space, including the audience space and the stage, is miniscule....
location, location, location