“Another great stay”

Ranked #8 of 31 Hotels in Pasadena
Nashville, Tennessee
“Another great stay”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We try to stay here if we can when visiting family in Los Angeles. This hotel is so totally different from a chain hotel. We booked about a week stay and had to change due to our son's surgery and there was no problem cancelling some days. And the lobby clerk did her best for us and got us an extra day at the end of our stay. The staff just go the extra mile. The rooms are unique and very comfortable beds. We made good use of the swimming pool which is such a welcoming pool with tall pines creating shade. This is one place we will return to time and again.

Room Tip: We like to go to the back on the third or second floor.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank mmask

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Korean first
Arizona
Reviewed 2 July 2014

First of all--extremely awkward parking lot. I ended up inadvertently blocking the driveway and was told off by a sarcastically rude man (a guest) that I had done so. I went inside and was met by a not overly friendly front desk woman. She warmed up after awhile. The room was nice enough--very clean. But soooooo not worth the high price I paid for our one night there. I agree with those who say it needs updates. It's a neat place along 66 and should keep its historic charm, but I really don't see how they can charge as much as they did for the room. We had to keep the AC on to block out the noise from other motel guests who thought it was okay to be loud, rude, and inconsiderate late at night. Upon check-out, I waited a long while and finally an older woman took the key from me--she was not overly friendly either. I won't be back.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Outdoorsy1
Willimantic, Connecticut
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I loved my stay at the Saga and at $85 a night it was a steal. I was there for six nights so it was a bit like living there. It's true that's it a bit worn and needs some updates (new windows for sure) but it was very clean, comfortable and accommodating (very nice staff). Good water pressure and AC. Comfortable bed. A large refrigerator. Good parking and a convenient, safe location. Easy walking to at least a half dozen restaurants, a Starbucks, 7-11, liquor store. It was probably built at the tail end of the Rt. 66 era and has that vibe in the best possible way. Years ago I used to stay in places like this throughout the southwest and there aren't too many left. The pool and area around it was well maintained and a great place to sit and relax even if you don't go in the water. The pool was big enough however to actually swim for exercise. I've stayed in a range of hotels from very expensive to budget. Few have beat the Saga for value. It may not be for everyone but I was a little sorry to leave.

Room Tip: I had a third floor room facing the pool. The AC worked great but I hardly used it. The windows op...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Saopa
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 18 June 2014

A great stay in a good location and a rather unique motel. Easy walking to some great local restaurants.
Swimming pool, clean, with comfortable loungers and seating open early 'til late.
Attractive gardens throughout.
Friendly and helpful staff.
Breakfast not my, er, cup of tea! But would do at a pinch.
Good room pricing that won't break the bank
Recommend visiting the Community College across the road. Full of life, energy and wonderful architecture.

Room Tip: I'd recommend having either a room on the ground floor overlooking the pool, or on a very top fl...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Helen W
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Great location, decent rooms, free laundry machines, breakfast included, easy parking and complimentary internet service for a very fair price. What more can you ask. You can't go wrong at Saga Motor.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Whissely
Glendale AZ
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We decided to stay at the Saga Motor Hotel based on TripAdvisor reviews. What a cool little motel. We spent 2 nights here, on our way north to San Francisco, and again on the way back to Phoenix. The staff was very helpful. Prices are absolutely reasonable. I was also surprised at how clean the rooms were. The first nights we had a 3rd floor room, overlooking the pool. Nice view! I was a little leery about the tiny elevator, but it worked just fine. The 2nd time, we had a ground floor room. It was very quiet in spite of being right by the pool. We've already decided that we'll stay here
again. No doubt about it!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank barbels
California
Reviewed 12 June 2014

What did we get? a tired building that needs some updating and repair in the public areas like the elevator, bedding that is "motel" quality and an inexpensive night's sleep in a larger than normal room with a king size bed on our journey back home. There is no reason not to stay here and the price is right but we did not understand all of the 5 star reviews which led us to this place. Would we stay again if in the area? Yes.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple