All reviewsgreat locationrose bowlwithin walking distancefair oaksmemorial parkparking garageself parkrestaurants and shoppingfire pitfront desk staffstarbucks coffeecolorado blvdvery nice staythe norton simon museumdefinitely stay here againquiet roomfridge and microwave
Reviewed 23 June 2011

We had a nice stay here in April 2010 and so returned in June 2011. Rooms and amenities are nice, although a bit cramped. Internet is free and the speed is excellent. Self-park ($15/day) is quite convenient as the parking garage is adjacent to the the hotel, with a parking level corresponding to each hotel level.

The lobby and restaurant remodel in 2011, however, has resulted in an absolutely insane breakfast scenario. We foolishly booked the room & breakfast special, thinking breakfast would be like it used to be. At check-in, we received coupons for a "Full breakfast buffet". Nothing could be further from the truth.

Breakfast now is a nightmare of standing in line to place your order at a counter with a cashier. The "full breakfast" voucher allows you to have one drink and one food item. For example, my wife had juice and oatmeal. That's all she could get! I had coffee and a breakfast sandwich. Another possibility would have been a bottle of water, and a fruit cup. Or a cup of coffee and a cup of yoghurt. One day, I had the omelet bar - which includes bacon, sausage and bread to be toasted (no english muffins, fruit, etc.) My wife could not even get toast from the omelet bar to go with her oatmeal - that would be another food item. Oatmeal, healthy start sandwiches, etc. all came from the very slow kitchen. You get a number for your table and wait. NOT at all a fast business breakfast. Were I on business I would have been screaming. Fortunately, this was a visit with nearby family, so we had time to sit around. The staff was incredibly friendly and was frustrated with the policy, letting us know it was out of their hands. I just cannot imagine what kind of idiot came up with the concept of having an entire restaurant order sequentially, much less provide guests with a single drink and a single food item. We did not receive much value for the $20/day extra that we paid for adding the breakfast package to our room rate.

I may return to the hotel, but will never eat there again unless they change this breakfast rip-off and time-sink.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank MontanaKarl
courtyardpasadena, General Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Pasadena/Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2011

I really appreciate you taking the time to share your disappointment with our hotel. I want to personally apologize for the frustration you experienced with the Bistro as we clearly did not meet your expectations. We want our guests to be met with a well-trained staff that puts guest comfort and satisfaction before everything else. I am sorry if this was not your experience. You can be confident that we will follow-up on your concerns so that others are not disappointed as you were. Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts with us. We value you as a guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concern! Please contact me at your convenience, so that we can discuss your disappointment in further detail

Reviewed 30 May 2011

Spent one night at the Pasadena Courtyard Marriott. The location is fabulous and the value was as well! To stay at the Marriott in marina Del Rey(my second choice) would have been twice the price. For the price of the hotel there are so many amenities too.--spacious room had a small couch too, good size bathroom, microwave and small fridge, restaurant, room service, helpful and friendly staff. The bed was surprisingly comfortable too! Would definitely recommend staying there for the price.
If you want an upscale trendy hotel this isn't the place for you but you will pay twice or three times as much.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank iluvthecoast
Reviewed 29 May 2011

We enjoyed our stay, it was very close to a wide variety of restaurants and shops. The staff was very friendly, it only took a couple of minutes to check in which was nice after a long drive. Our room was a little small for the 5 of us, but they were very quick to bring more towels. The beds were comfortable, we slept great. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2011
1  Thank ralch92
Reviewed 20 May 2011

Several blocks off Colorado Blvd in Old Town Pasadena with good shopping and restaurants. Good beer bar (Lucky Baldwin) within walking distance. Good area but not close to downtown LA

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 April 2011

Spent 4 nights here with my wife and daughter while we were on a college road trip. We utilize Marriott Rewards points to pay for the stay----I think the rate for the room we had was $159/night---not a bargain, but an ok price for the quality of the room, level fo serivce provided, and location of the property. Regarding the last item, the hotel is basically in the middle of Old Pasadena--lots of mid end to high end shopping, and dozens of restaurants including some chains (Cheesecake Factory) as well as a large number of independent ethnic establihments. (For anyone looking for good Thai food, check out Cafe Linda, and order the Green Curry; some good hamburgers at Jake's on Colorado Blvd, and there are atleast two cupcake shops--Dot's was one, I forget the name of the other--but they are pretty much clones of each other as far as cupcakes go.) Our room was on the 6th floor--a king bed with a sleeper sofa. The room itself seemed to have been redone recently--all of the furnishings, decor, etc seemed to be fresh--attractive colors, etc. the room was a bit small for three people--when the sofa was pulled out there was very littel room to move around, and the sink/toilet/closet area was also cramped--but not unmanagable for a few days. The room was overlookng Fair Oaks Blvd--a major road, and while it was not noisy, it was not exactly quiet--you could hear traffic, etc. The a/c in the room did not seem to have a thermostat--if you turned the a/c on, it just kept running and running---made the room too cold, so we had to turn the a/c on and off to keep the room at a comfortable temperature. The room had a nice flatscreen tv, and a fridge and microwave--nice for reheating leftovers from the local restaurants. The service staff was very nice--room was always made up early, front desk always said hello, welcome back, etc. We used valet parking, and they always had the car ready for us if I called down 10minutes or so in advance of wanting it. They do have a concierge service---nice people---they are happy to help out with dinner recommendations, resolving issues witheh pc's in the business center, etc. Oh, and i would also mention in contrast to the previous review, the shower pressure and water temperature were perfectly fine.

On balance, I think this is a nice hotel, consistent with the quality you would expect from Marriott. I would have no hesitation to go back and stay here.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family