All reviews great location rose bowl within walking distance fair oaks memorial park parking garage self park nice lobby restaurants and shopping fire pit front desk staff starbucks coffee colorado blvd very nice stay the norton simon museum definitely stay here again quiet room
Reviewed 27 July 2011

We have stayed in this hotel several times a year for more than a decade as we have friends nearby. The location is great as it is in walking distance of all of the shops and restaurants in Old Town. The lobby has recently been remodeled, and it is bright and welcoming. And i think they have the friendliest valets in LA! The rooms are clean and bright, and I really appreciate that they have now added magnifying make-up mirrors to the sink area. It is, by the way, outside the shower/toilet area so two can use the bath at once.
This visit I accidentally left my Rx glasses in the room. I contacted the manager who rushed to get them to FedEx the very same day and emailed as well as phoned me to let me know that FedEx would be a day late in delivering them. Needless to say, we will continue to make this our go-to hotel for stays in the Pasadena area!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 July 2011

I can't say enough good things about our stay at this hotel.

The service we received throughout our stay was impressive. We received a warm welcome when we checked in and each time we returned to the hotel after an outing. Michael, the Concierge, went above and beyond throughout our stay. The staff at this hotel clearly enjoy what they do.

The lobby is lovely and full of a beautiful collection of books covering topics of interest to Southern California visitors and residents. It's a comfortable place to relax for a few hours or to enjoy a nice glass of wine with friends after a night on the town. (I was pleasantly surprised to find one of my favorite Pinot Noirs available by the glass!)

The hotel location is hard to beat. We attended the LA Street Food Fest at the Rose Bowl (which was amazing!!) and this hotel is a very short walk to the Rose Bowl shuttle at Memorial Park. It is also a short walk to the shopping and restaurants of Old Town.

We also enjoyed the pool during our stay. Although it is a bit on the smallish side, it was perfect for splashing around with our children and for sneaking in a few laps as well.

We would definitely stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank fillmytanks
Reviewed 21 July 2011

Although a guaranteed late check in through the travel agency recognising that it would be close to midnight by the time I arrived, this disgrace of a hotel decided to give my room away that morning to someone who arbitrarily decided to stay an extra night. Here is me thinking, naively, that a guaranteed room, meant that. How silly of me. To make matters worse although my room was given away at least 12 hours earlier, no attempt made to contact me or the Agency to mitigate the impact.

So, when I arrived after a flight after an eight hour flight at close to midnight, I find that my journey didn't end there by any stretch of the imagination.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
7  Thank Matt584099
Reviewed 18 July 2011

We stayed here for one night and it was a nice hotel, nicely decorated. The room was nice even though it did smell like musty smoke and it was a non smoking floor. When we arrived and got our key, they had given us the wrong room. We opened the door to our room and there was a family in there about to leave. I went back downstairs and they appologized and gave us another room plus 2 complimentary breakfast coupons. At about midnight there were people running up and down the hallway yelling which was annoying. The breakfast in the morning was good. They had an omelet station and cooked to order. It was a nice walk a couple blocks down to Colorado St. to the shopping and restaurants. A few homeless hanging around but we didn't feel unsafe. I wouldn't walk around at night by myself though. During the day, no problem. I paid only 129.00 per night for double beds and it was a great value for the price. I will come back if I need to stay the night in L.A. area again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 June 2011

We stayed here for 3 nights in a room on floor 6. Each floor has a connecting door through to the multi-storey carpark attached to the hotel. This proved very convenient for unloading/loading cases from/into the car. (If you're staying on the top floor, we'd suggest unloading and then moving the car down to a covered level.)
Our room was a good size with a king bed, reasonable drawer and hanging space, fridge, microwave and coffeemaker.
The sink area was in an alcove with very little space for toiletries. Bath/shower and loo were in a separate, rather claustrophobic room.
We had no problem booking in. Throughout our stay we found the reception/concierge staff friendly and enthusiastic rather than efficient. The free PC access to the internet in the lobby was useful.
Rather than have breakfast in the hotel, we walked two blocks to the left down Fair Oaks Avenue to Russells, a very popular diner ,with attentive service, providing good quality, excellent value breakfasts .
If we come back to Pasadena, we would definitely consider returning to this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple