Courtyard Los Angeles Pasadena/Old Town
Howard Johnson Pasadena(Pasadena)(Great Value!)
US$159
US$126
Vagabond Inn Executive Pasadena(Pasadena)(Great Value!)
US$125
Hilton.com
US$352
US$302
  • Pool
Best Western Pasadena Royale Inn & Suites(Pasadena)(Great Value!)
US$174
US$150
GreenTree Pasadena Inn(Pasadena)
US$171
US$160
All reviewsgreat locationrose bowlwithin walking distancefair oakssink areamemorial parkparking garagefire pitself parkrestaurants and shoppingfront desk staffstarbucks coffeecolorado blvdvery nice stayquiet roomtwo blocksdefinitely stay here again
Reviewed 2 March 2012

Over priced, surly staff. Very diss appointing for a Marriott hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank bflip
Reviewed 1 March 2012

in Old Pasadena, close to restaurants. Secure paid parking if you have a car. Coffee in rooms and in lobby. Comfortable bed, assorted pillows.

Reviewed 29 February 2012

This was my second stay in this hotel. On check-in they asked me if there was anything they could do to make my stay better. I didn't see any of my colleagues in the lobby and I was tired, hungry, and it was cold, so I decided to forgo the lovely nearby restaurants and just get room service. The menu had plenty of choices and provided calorie counts. Since I'm trying to lose some weight, I order salmon and asked for double vegetables instead of the potato or starch. I was told that my order would arrive in about half an hour.

The meal arrived in good time, I could see that the lady was delivering at least two meals on the single trip. The meals were not in a warming box, but just under a metal cover. When I opened mine, I found that there were potatoes and not the double vegetables that I ordered. Then I found that meal was lukewarm. Realizing that there was a microwave, I thought I would just zap it in there. No luck, the plate was too big to fit in the tiny microwave. Not wanting to wait anothe half hour or so, I just ate the meal. When I checked out I mentioned the problem with the meal being lukewarm and they refunded the cost.

I was there for an all day meeting. There were hardly any women in my meeting, but I noticed that the bathroom had extra rolls of toilet paper in each stall. The floor in the first stall looked clean, but seemed to be sticky when I walked on it. I suspect now that they may stock the ladies bathroom nearly the lobby heavity in the morning and not service it very frequently. When I used the toilets at 4 PM, it was filthy. The first two stalls were completely out of toilet paper with paper and a tampon sitting in the toilet. The third stall was also out of toilet paper. Fortunately, the handicapped toilet had toilet paper. I complained to there person who was handling a food order for the meeting and the next time I used the toilet, it had been restocked and the toilets flushed.

The thing they can't do much about (at least not in the short run) is the elevators. They are very slow and spread out with only one per location.

My room on the sixth floor facing the main street was quiet and well serviced. There is a luggage rack, but there wasn't a really good place to put it that wasn't in the way, so I just used the top of the dresser where the coffee service was. Even though my suitcase blocked the coffee service supplies, they were refilled.

There are plenty of newspapers (USA Today and Wall Street Journal) in the lobby near registration. The newspapers were out when I checked out at around 6:15 AM.

The staff was friendly and accommodating, everything worked and the bed was comfortable. Internet (wired and wireless) is free.

1  Thank EveSp
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Very nice accommodations. Great location for walking. All staff friendly and helpful. Rooms comfortable with no outside or inside noise heard

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed 15 February 2012

For a place to sleep, this definitely is not a 4 or 5 star accomodation.

The Price: The price was fairly steep for a 1 night stay ($219 room + $15 parking + taxes).

Arriving from the outside: This hotel is just on the edge of Old Town Pasadena, so there isnt a whole lot of foot traffic like you get on Colorado Blvd. From the outside, the building looks nice. There isnt a whole lot of room to park when you get into the driveway area. So on a busier day, there could be some wait time to get in.

Staff: Check-in staff was friendly and fast. The room was ready when I got there. I did have one problem with the wait time for a set of extra blankets to be brought up (took almost 30 minutes at 1am in the morning). The housekeeping staff were very friendly as well when we walked up to ask for extra shampoo and conditioner and soap.

The Room: This hotel is a little bit odd when it comes to accessing the rooms. Parking is convenient because there was a direct entrance from the parking lot to the floor we were staying on. You didnt have to go down, walk over to the hotel and then go up to your floor. The rooms on the 2nd floor form a U shape with the parking lot and elevator on 1 side of the U and our room being on the opposite side. We had a bit of walking to do. When you walk in, the room seems neat, however, when we finally lied down on the soft bed (we prefer firmer beds), you could see dust stuck to the ceiling. One plus for the room is that there was a microwave and a refrigerator. There was also a connecting door to the next room which some family travelers may find convenient.

Overall: As a traveler, I am only willing to stay at nicer hotels (Marriott brands, Hilton Brands, and Hyatt Brands) which from pictures and when you walk in, you could expect from this hotel. The lobby and exterior is definitely updated including the check-in counter. However, the inconvenience of accessing our room, the dust on the ceiling and the slow service for extras in the middle of the night was definitely a downer and the main reason for low ratings.

Room Tip: Rooms closer to the garage entrance and left side of the U-Shape have better access. They have connecting rooms.