“Pasadena, CA hotel”

Courtyard Los Angeles Pasadena/Old Town
Ranked #2 of 31 Hotels in Pasadena
Reviewed 13 April 2012

Always a good stay at this hotel. Friendly, helpful staff and nice amenities.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
courtyardpasadena, Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Pasadena/Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2012

Phyllis, Thank you for your wonderful review! We are so glad that you found our staff both helpful and friendly. We look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Reviewed 11 April 2012

Once or twice a year we stay in this hotel while visiting the Los Angeles area. Invariably we remark to each other how comfortable, convenient, and customer-friendly this hotel is. The location works well: just off the 210 and Ventura freeways, a couple blocks from the Metro station, and surrounded by excellent restaurants and local shops. The Huntington and Norton Simon are nearby, and the Gamble House is worth a tour.

Room Tip: If you are parking in the garage, ask for a room near the elevator.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank BartlettSF

BartlettSF:
Thank you for your recent review! We greatly appreciate your recognition of our staff. Additionally, we’re glad to see that you found our hotel not only comfortable, but also convenient for all of your entertainment needs. We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 11 April 2012

Stayed here for a quick evening in Pasadena. Rooms were clean and spacious. Mattress and pillows very comfortable. Bathroom large and well-equipped. Towels thick. TV HD. Refrigerator nice, quiet, and clean. Safe area, safe parking, and pleasant entry area (Starbucks in the lobby!). Can easily stroll to many restaurants and shops - Pasadena is alive on this Friday PM.
Wall A/C unit is a little loud. Just don't like to pay for parking.....

Room Tip: Our room faced the courtyard, and it was very quiet
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank tennisbummer

Thank you for your recent review! We are glad that you found our rooms and amenities clean and spacious. We pride ourselves on providing the utmost quality. Looking forward to providing you with another excellent stay.

Reviewed 10 April 2012

I have stayed in this hotel on several times over the last few years whilst on business in the Pasadena area and have always found it to be of a high standard and well located. It's right int eh centre of the old town, just a two minute walk from the bars and restaurants of Colorado Boulevard. I've stayed in the other main hotels in this area, The Westin (formerly the Doubletree, The Hilton and the Sheraton and definately prefer the Marriott. Staff are friendly and helpful and the pool area is an added bonus. I would certainly recommend it.

Room Tip: Rooms looking into the pool area or towards the mountains have the best views.

The3dge:

We appreciate your kind words! As someone who sounds like they travel quite a bit we know that you’ve experienced hotels of all standards. We are ecstatic that you found ours to be of such high regard and hope to see you here in Pasadena again!

Reviewed 7 April 2012

Adequate accommodations and standard for a Courtyard Marriott. We stayed one night here. Convenient to freeways. Friendly staff. If there are other comparable options and price, may want to consider.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family

Thank you for your review we greatly appreciate your kind words. We’re looking forward to serving you again on your next stay with us.

Reviewed 24 March 2012

I stayed here for a week in March 2012.

My room was clean. They were cleaning the carpets and warned me about a wet carpet, but fortunately they didn't do my room while I was there. I also wasn't crazy about having a bunch of people streaming through my room because I couldn't find an in-room safe to store my valuables (and taking them with me during the day wasn't an option).

The iPod dock is nice, but I had problems getting it to work.

The lobby area has a dining area. The style is retro, which looks OK, but I don't think it's the warmest or most comfortable. I only ate their once.

The location of the hotel is very close to the freeway, and walking distance to downtown Pasadena. There are some good running routes nearby, including getting down to the Rose Bowl.

Unfortunately, I left some clothes in my room when I left, and didn't discover my error a full week later when I got home. I called and they said they have found them in the room. I paid for shipping to have them sent home, which was fine (it was my mistake). However, it would have been nice if they had called me to let me know that they had found my clothes. I wonder what would have happened if I had not called?

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for your response and valuable feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to write such a detailed response. On your next visit let us know about any of your concerns and we will definitely accommodate you as best as we can. We will review our lost & found procedures to ensure that other are not disappointed as you were. We love special requests so don’t be shy and let us know what we do for you! Thank you again and we truly hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 22 March 2012

A really good standard Marriott hotel. Check in staff were great, and called the room to make sure we were happy. They asked if we wanted a street or courtyard (quieter) room.

It's just 2 mins walk from the main stretch of (high end) Pasadena Old Town shops and there are lots of restaurants nearby. There's also a bistro on site which serves Starbucks coffee.

Minor downsides are that car parking is $15 per day and the wifi was very slow and kept kicking me off.

Room Tip: Ask for a courtyard/inner room if you don't like traffic noise.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends

We are pleased to see that you found our front desk staff personable and pride ourselves on providing the highest quality of service to our guests. Additionally thank you for your comment regarding the internet , we recognize this as a problem and will be sure to be aware of slow connection going forward. Hope to see you here soon!