“Perfect for Old Town Exploring”

Courtyard Los Angeles Pasadena/Old Town
Ranked #2 of 31 Hotels in Pasadena
Buckeye, Arizona
“Perfect for Old Town Exploring”
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Here is a nice Courtyard within easy walking distance of the great downtown Pasadena eating and shopping area-2 short blocks from the main intersection Fair Oaks and Colorado Blvd. Now, most Courtyards are pretty much laid out with the same formula-its how things get executed that counts. First off, the staff, all of them, were very attentive and friendly. That counts in my book. The room was nice-I had a room right near the garage entrance, but not noisy at all. The parking is free, unless you want valet. It was clean, the bathrooms spotless. Nice new TV, good beds. One thing I don't like is the loud, hard to regulate climate control thing. Its the kind under the window with 5 settings. I had Low Cool on but it never stopped all night. They need to upgrade this. Fitness Center nice, enough machines and weights. The 1st Floor eating area-great selection and service, and a lot of places to sit. Very homey, the whole Courtyard thing. It was a little pricey, but I guess that is Calif.-plus there was a UCLA game that Saturday at the nearby Rose Bowl. So, yea, Pasadena is a great town, and this is the place to stay.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank mab313
Courtyard_Pasadena, Director of Sales at Courtyard Los Angeles Pasadena/Old Town, responded to this review, 27 September 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are most appreciative that you took the time to recognize our staff. Location and services are important, but at the end of the day, people make the difference. Your kind words have made a difference to our entire team.
Thank you again for staying with us and we very much look forward to your return.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Saint Sulpice, Switzerland
Reviewed 20 September 2013

Atleast 6 months before our arrival date my sister and I reserved 2 rooms that we wanted near each other. 30 minutes later we finally got what we had asked for after viewing 2 unsuitable rooms: one over the hotel vents at the other end of the floor and the other one on a very busy street one floor up. All seemed well until an insistent knock at the door after 9pm: 2 maintenance men saying I had checked out. Half an hour later downstairs desk calls to know when I was leaving. All that info had been settled when I checked in. We did get 2 free breakfasts that I must say we're delicious and the Manager on Duty did apologize.

Room Tip: Be sure to get a room on inside court
Catherine,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Looks like we got off to a bit of a rocky start at check in. Again, please accept our apologies. Sounds like our Manager on Duty got things turned around for you allowing you to enjoy the rest of your stay with your sister. Thank you again for staying with us and we do hope to see you again soon.
San Jose Ca
Reviewed 16 September 2013

We were looking for a place to stay and go to a Dodger game. I paid $109 + tax for a king bed room. The hotel seemed new and was very clean but that's just the start. The lobby is huge and includes a multi purpose area for breakfast and a small bar plus an area to watch a big screen TV. The breakfast was great and the bar worked.
The room was amazingly quiet. The door to the shower/toilet was solid so you could not hear them from the bed. The room also had a comfy couch, chairs, fridge, microwave, and 32" flat screen TV.
The pool area was a real treat. High quality pool furniture and a nice propane fire pit.
The free WiFi worked throughout.
There was an adjacent parking garage and the hotel charged $15 a night. Not bad for the convenience. It was super easy to get to Dodger Stadium.
The service was excellent and friendly.
There are many many great resturants and bars a block away.

Room Tip: Room overlooking the pool will be quiet.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Donsailsboats
Courtyard_Pasadena, Director of Sales at Courtyard Los Angeles Pasadena/Old Town, responded to this review, 18 September 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words! We hope you enjoyed the Dodger game! Our hotel has many different aspects and there is something for everyone! Our pool and lobby areas are some of the best! We thank you again for sharing with us about your stay! We hope to see you in your travels to future Dodger games!
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 14 September 2013

We recently spent four nights here as a base for touring the Pasadena and greater LA areas. The hotel was well situated near Old Town as well as freeway access. Room was just what you expect from Courtyard--consistent and reliable. Daily fee for adjacent public parking garage accessible from 2nd fl hall (note I would not be comfortable with a room near this access since it is supposed to be room key access but most people do not ensure that the door to the garage locks behind them). Staff was very helpful and especially friendly at the cafe. The breakfasts were wonderful! Great fresh options you order at the counter and the meals are brought to your table. There's also a made-to-order omelette station.

Room Tip: Not on second floor. Ask about views.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Trish, We are so glad we were able to serve as the perfect base when visiting the LA area! Our convenient location gives you the perfect access to beautiful Old town's restaurants and shops as well as easy access to our freeways! We look forward to your future visits to the area! Thanks for taking a moment to share with us about your stay!
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 September 2013

My husband and I stayed here while we were visiting from London, He was on a course nearby. I worked from the hotel therefore during the day I was mostly at the hotel. The first day I started working and the internet was slow, 5 minutes after my call to reception, I had an technician knocking on my door trying to fix my internet to make it faster.... Thereafter the receptionist still phoned to find out if it was now better. Even though the internet was not much better the service I received was amazing. The room cleaning was wonderful they were very flexible to work around me and accommodate me when cleaning the room . The pool area was lovely always clean and plenty of towels. And because this was mostly a business hotel the pool area was nice and quite that I could actually work from there. Just a pity they did not have pool service. The best of all is the reception service. The guys working at reception was amazing everyday I had questions of where to drive where to go watch a comedy show shopping eating and they all were so helpful printing maps booking venues ... Seriously wonderful staff

I would definitely visit this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Courtyard_Pasadena, Director of Sales at Courtyard Los Angeles Pasadena/Old Town, responded to this review, 11 September 2013
Olivia, Thank you for your kind words and taking the time to write about your stay! We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your time here at the Courtyard in Pasadena and will return in the future. Our level of service is something we pride our selves in and we are so glad we were able to show you! Thank you!
Bethesda, MD
Reviewed 10 September 2013

I've stayed at this hotel many times over the past 10 years. The lobby is beautiful and very modern. The rooms are getting a little dated, though I've been told that they are going to be renovated. There is a nice but small gym. For my recent stays, I've found the staff to be very helpful. The location of the hotel is the best assets. You can walk to great restaurants and shopping in Old Town. You do have to pay for parking, but when I have stayed for work, I've liked the fact that I can leave my rental car in the parking lot all day while I'm at the office at no additional charge and then pick the car up at the end of the day to drive to the airport. The wifi works well and though dated, the rooms are fine for getting work done.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Traveler, Thank you so much for taking the moment to share with us about your stay. We pride ourselves on the service we are able to provide. We do have exciting news and changes coming in the future and we cannot wait to show all of our guests! We hope to see you in your future travels to the Pasadena area!
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 10 September 2013 via mobile

My family of 4 just stayed here on Saturday, and this time around (we stayed here last year in July, and loved our stay at that time), we were a little disappointed. Hotel staffs were super friendly and helpful as usual, but the room itself is a little run down. When we entered our room, it was hot! So the first thing I did, I went to turn on the AC, and noticed the unit was on low heat when it was the hottest week in LA!!! The room did not cool down completely until the next morning, and we all had an unpleasant sleep. The room was not as clean as last time. I saw towel on the ground between the desk and the fridge cabinet. And the furniture were much older and worn out. I guess one year can wear out the furnitures quite a bit. Anyway, I am not sure whether I will return here again, and I think Starwood might have won me back this year! ( Last year, I was very impressed with all Marriott I stayed at and decided to stayed away from spg hotels).

Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank C C
Courtyard_Pasadena, Director of Sales at Courtyard Los Angeles Pasadena/Old Town, responded to this review, 16 September 2013
Thank you for your note and feedback. Traveling with the family can be a hectic and fun time for all. I am very sorry that you ran into that hot weekend with an air condoner that was struggling to keep up. While we all have most likely been in that situation, when it’s that hot, we just want it to cool down and quickly.
We also appreciate you recognizing our staff and their willingness to help. Truly, we know you have choices and hope you will consider ours for your next visit. We have some exciting new things coming in the near future and hope to have you and your family experience them.