“best part is the location”

Courtyard Los Angeles Pasadena/Old Town
Ranked #3 of 31 Hotels in Pasadena
san diego
“best part is the location”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

This isn't the most wonderful Courtyard you'll find. But it's do-able. Having stayed here several times, it's getting a little tired. Needs a little pick me up. But it's clean and as quiet as it needs to be. The number one reason to stay at this Courtyard is the superior location right in the happening area. Easy walking (a couple of blocks) to the center of the action, restaurants, bars, shopping and Starbucks! It's 5 minutes from the Rose Bowl and it's right off of two freeways (110 and 210). This Courtyard will not offend you but it might not excite you either. They raise the price when there's a big event in the area (like a UCLA football game) and it definitely is not a great value when they do that. If you're looking to be in that area, stay there. Two nice features: free parking garage, and when you park, whichever floor you're on, you walk directly into the corridor of your floor from the garage.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank denssull
Courtyard_Pasadena, Director of Sales at Courtyard Los Angeles Pasadena/Old Town, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. Our superior location is a great reason to stay at the Courtyard by Marriott – Old Pasadena. Close to everything including a shuttle directly across the street that goes to all UCLA Home games at the Rose Bowl. Our staff works hard to provide a clean and quite hotel and we are most thankful for you recognizing this important component of the guest experience. We do have some very exciting plans in the near very future that will absolutely give you that “pick me up” that you are asking for. Thank you again for staying with us and we very much look forward to your next visit to Pasadena.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
  • Korean first
San Francisco, CA
Reviewed 10 October 2013

For the last night of a family road trip down to Los Angeles, we reserved two rooms at the Courtyard by Marriott in downtown Pasadena for a very reasonable price.

The location is just a block-and-a-half from the main street in Pasadena and is attached to a parking garage that makes it easy to park (especially since overnight parking doesn't seem to be allowed on the streets). Check-in was quick and efficient, and even through our original rooms weren't available, they quickly found other ones. It was a nice surprise to receive a small bottle of water and granola bar on check-in (although I do remember the same happening at the Sheraton in Pasadena as well).

Rooms were clean and spacious with fast and free internet. Beds were comfortable, and it was a nice perk to have a couch as well to sit on to watch TV.

Given the price, location, and good condition of the facilities, I'd definitely stay here again if I was in the area.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Aram K
Courtyard_Pasadena, Director of Sales at Courtyard Los Angeles Pasadena/Old Town, responded to this review, 14 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are located in a very convenient location with easy walking to many shops and restaurants. Our parking is very convenient and gives you access to the floor you are located on! We look forward to your future stays in the area!
Manchester Center, VT
Reviewed 28 September 2013

This was our second stay at Marriott Courtyard. It was wonderful, similar to our last stay in 2011.
A high five to Tiffany at the front desk for giving us room 410! I get claustrophobic in "closed rooms", so it was delightful to stay in a room with balcony overlooking the pool.
Only "issue" was the bathroom layout, which was challenging. If one had to get to the toilet or shower, it was disruptive to the person at the sink. I also realized that if/when I used any "spray" product in the sink/makeup area----whoops!-----did I just spray that on my clothes behind me in the closet??!!
Per Zaira at the front desk, the bathrooms and rooms will be undergoing renovations. That's great, and hope they (designers) work it out efficiently.
A big KUDO to Michael Belasco! When I called from Vermont to try to figure out transport from LAX to hotel---he could not have been nicer or more helpful! He covered everything from train to bus to shuttle to private car to helicopter! He was MOST helpful and delightful to talk to. It was great to meet him in person and thank him for his attention!
My husband and I look forward to staying there again on our next trip to Pasadena. The Marriott offers EVERYTHING we need or want---nice room/balcony/pool/good food/a cocktail/proximity to Colorado Street/proximity to our son's work and living area. Thanks to all at MCPasadena!

Room Tip: 410 was great!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank MBH3
Thank you for taking the time to share with us about your stay! We are so very fortunate to have wonderful people like Tiffany and Michael who go above and beyond to make sure our guests have the best experience they can! We hope to see you in your future travels to the area! Thank you again for your kind words!
Irvine, California
Reviewed 27 September 2013

visited on 8/6 for one night. requested quiet room and high floor during reservation. When I checked in, clerk mentioned there was a concert @ night so I might hear some noises.

stayed @ 5th floor (501) and was able to open window during night without hearing any major noises. AC is loud, so I would recommend to open the window to get some quality sleep.

Keep in mind, the hotel is in U shape. so if you want quiet room, your room will not be close to the parking. Good thing is each floor has plenty of parking spaces.

There is a Farmer's market next to the hotel. Every Sunday 9am-2pm@ Holly ST. and Fair Oaks Ave.. a great place to get fresh veggie/fruit/flower/bread...and so on. location is also close to major restaurants/ shopping places in Colorado Blvd.

Daily shift manager is very friendly and accommodate my late check request (I was rejected on checked in night). They even help me to keep my orchid after I checked out ( I need to get something from old town before I headed to OC)

Overall, would definitely return to this hotel while I am in neighborhood.

Room Tip: high floor, far away from garage so you can get quiet room.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Angie1118
Thank you so much for your kind words about your stay with us! We do offer plenty of parking which is in easy access to all floors of the hotel. The location of our property makes things even better, the local restaurants and shops as well as the farmers market are in a very easy and convenient walk! We look forward to your future stays in the area.
Clearfield, Utah
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Due to its location near our corporate headquarters, I always stay at this Marriott when I am in town for business. The staff is always friendly. There are always chocolates at the front desk (a nice touch) that you can enjoy whenever you are passing through the lobby. The rooms are comfortable, and if you are coming to enjoy the Old Town area, you cannot beat the location.

Since they do not have their restaurant as a separate spot to rate, I will do so here.
- Breakfast: not included (typical drawback at other Courtyards as well), so you will have to pay extra for that. The quality is good, but a bit pricey for the morning meal.

- Dinner: If you like a good burger, you will not be disappointed. Sometimes I will go out and grab a bite to eat at one of the many restaurants in the area. My last trip, however, I ordered a Hamburger and Fries from their room service menu (you can also get that menu from the lobby) and for dessert I had a chocolate brownie wedge. Highly recommend trying both. Both were delicious and getting it there allowed me to skip the wait and the dinner crowds in Old Town and take my food up to the room to enjoy in peace.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Brian S
Courtyard_Pasadena, Director of Sales at Courtyard Los Angeles Pasadena/Old Town, responded to this review, 27 September 2013
Brian,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. As a frequent guest here we do appreciate that while you do have choices, you chose to stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Old Pasadena.
Apparently you have stumbled into one of our best kept secrets, our Bistro Burgers! Add your beverage of choice and a chocolate brownie, no big dinner crowds and it’s hard to imagine a better meal.
We very much looking forward to your next visit. Until then, safe travels.
Buckeye, Arizona
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Here is a nice Courtyard within easy walking distance of the great downtown Pasadena eating and shopping area-2 short blocks from the main intersection Fair Oaks and Colorado Blvd. Now, most Courtyards are pretty much laid out with the same formula-its how things get executed that counts. First off, the staff, all of them, were very attentive and friendly. That counts in my book. The room was nice-I had a room right near the garage entrance, but not noisy at all. The parking is free, unless you want valet. It was clean, the bathrooms spotless. Nice new TV, good beds. One thing I don't like is the loud, hard to regulate climate control thing. Its the kind under the window with 5 settings. I had Low Cool on but it never stopped all night. They need to upgrade this. Fitness Center nice, enough machines and weights. The 1st Floor eating area-great selection and service, and a lot of places to sit. Very homey, the whole Courtyard thing. It was a little pricey, but I guess that is Calif.-plus there was a UCLA game that Saturday at the nearby Rose Bowl. So, yea, Pasadena is a great town, and this is the place to stay.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank mab313
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are most appreciative that you took the time to recognize our staff. Location and services are important, but at the end of the day, people make the difference. Your kind words have made a difference to our entire team.
Thank you again for staying with us and we very much look forward to your return.
Saint Sulpice, Switzerland
Reviewed 20 September 2013

Atleast 6 months before our arrival date my sister and I reserved 2 rooms that we wanted near each other. 30 minutes later we finally got what we had asked for after viewing 2 unsuitable rooms: one over the hotel vents at the other end of the floor and the other one on a very busy street one floor up. All seemed well until an insistent knock at the door after 9pm: 2 maintenance men saying I had checked out. Half an hour later downstairs desk calls to know when I was leaving. All that info had been settled when I checked in. We did get 2 free breakfasts that I must say we're delicious and the Manager on Duty did apologize.

Room Tip: Be sure to get a room on inside court
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Catherine,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Looks like we got off to a bit of a rocky start at check in. Again, please accept our apologies. Sounds like our Manager on Duty got things turned around for you allowing you to enjoy the rest of your stay with your sister. Thank you again for staying with us and we do hope to see you again soon.