“I wish we sat outside on the patio...”
Review of Pita Jungle - CLOSED

Pita Jungle
Price range: US$5 - US$17
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Healthy
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Description: Pita Jungle "The Art of Eating Healthy"(R) is one of Arizona's most original restaurants. The menu is based on offering a healthful and natural cuisine abounding with vegetarian and vegan options, crafted within the principles of the Mediterranean diet, and using only the freshest ingredients. The menu includes salads, seafood, seasonal specials, pitas, pizzas, healthy burgers as well as a healthy kids menu. Pita Jungle is also a healthy option for your Catering events. Open daily for lunch, dinner, Happy Hour and Reverse Happy hour.
Litchfield Park, Arizona
“I wish we sat outside on the patio...”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We has some spare time before heading to my sister's place in Beverly Hills so we stopped in Pasadena for lunch. The place we wanted to go was absolutely packed on Saturday afternoon, so we stopped in Pita Jungle. The food was delicious and healthy. The portions were HUGE and we had to box it up for late night snacks. Everyone enjoyed it. However, the place itself is nothing to write home about. We thought the artwork was a bit silly. We don't like when art in restaurants is for sale. Just decorate the place and make it look cool. In our minds, it was a bad attempt at 70's modern interior decorating. In hindsight, we wish we would've sat outside because the weather was nice and it was much prettier out there.

• Visited April 2014

Winnipeg, Canada
“Mushrooms were to die for!”
Reviewed 24 February 2014

I must say, the mushrooms alone made the trip. Such a good app, I could have ended there. The potatoes had a funny taste and none of us could eat them. Everything else was great and enjoyed. The service on the other hand..... they forgot two of our apps, they never brought us the extra pita that the waiter TALKED US IN TO! Overall, the food was good, but if it was that disorganized when the restaurant was half empty, id hate to see what it was like on a busy day.

Visited January 2014
Los Angeles, California
“I love this place”
Reviewed 4 February 2014

Had a fallefel sandwich and roasted potatoes last night- really good. Their salads are the BEST!!! So flavorful, healthy and large. Servers are bright young folks who look after you.

• Visited February 2014
Colorado
“Perfect for a later night meal”
Reviewed 18 December 2013

After fighting through LA traffic for a couple of hours, I was interested in food service and an adult beverage. Quickly seated and served. Alternated between the vegan burger with garlic fries and the beverage until I felt restored. Excellent food and service. Will return next time I'm in Pasadena.

• Visited December 2013
Fresno, California
“What a pleasant surprise!”
Reviewed 8 December 2013

While visiting family in Pasadena, we went to Old Town (I know “Old Pasadena”) intending to go to Umami Burger. However, a large group was there at the start of lunch, effectively taking up the service (they were short a server that day). So we decided to try Pita Jungle next door.

Now, “Pita Jungle” is not really a name that would inspire confidence in me for really tasty food. I thought it would be a trendy, “fun” food place. While it was trendy and fun, it was also really delicious. We had no regrets eating there instead of Umami, in fact, we were very happy.

We ordered a luleh burger (which I cannot find on the to go menu) and a Mediterranean Antipasto Platter, to share. The platter included hummus, babaganoush, tzatziki, taboule, feta, dolmades, falafel, and ratatouille.

Oh, the flavor of the luleh burger was just so tasty! And everything--I am not kidding--everything on the platter tasted just so fantastic. We were mixing the different things together and EVERY SINGLE COMBINATION tasted wonderful. We had a little bit of hummus left, and asked for a little container. They not only filled the container, they gave us fresh pitas wrapped to go with!

Also, there is a huge variety on the menu, and on this platter alone.

Go. Try it. I’m pretty sure you’re going to like it.

• Visited November 2013