“outstanding, eclectic "cafeteria"”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Cleveland, Ohio
“outstanding, eclectic "cafeteria"”
Reviewed 1 January 2013

Our family was in town for the Rose Bowl Parade, and we were looking for a place to eat afterwards. We came to Lemonade based on strength of other Trip Advisor reviews and we were not disappointed.

The place is set up as a cafeteria; one slides through the buffet and servers from behind the counter fill your plate as you request. There are a few sections, one featuring sandwiches, one featuring entrees, and an initial one called the "marketplace" which features one or two dozen cold dishes. I chose a few of these marketplace items was very impressed. Everything was very high quality and tasted delicious. Personally, I ordered a brussel sprout dish, a pineapple chicken dish (w/ curry), and dish with yams and cranberries. All great. Also sampled a dish with ahai tuna and watermelon; similarly great.

They also offer various flavored lemonades - also very good. All in all, a lot of fun, quick and easy to have a meal of good quality at a pretty reasonable cost. Three marketplace dishes cost $7.50 and is plenty for a full meal. My son ordered a pesto chicken sandwhich (great), (about $10 and probably enough for two people.) He also ordered a side dish of macaroni and cheese w truffle oil - wow!

Give it a try, you won't be disappointed.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank jwclevelander

• Korean first
“Not often do I go to the same restaurant twice in one trip!”
Reviewed 21 December 2012

WOW, Now that is a salad bar. Incredible and interesting salads, big portions and mix and match option. Everything was at least good but 90% was fantastic. Service great, lemonade, I had the cucumber mint. OOOOOH So Delicious. The macaroons are french style maybe better if smaller. This place is fun, light and airy decor, friendly service amazing food and you leave with a good feeling filled stomach and a wallet that isn't gasping for breathe. All I can say is I wish the east coast had a lemonade.

Santa Barbara California
“Great choices”
Reviewed 11 December 2012

We just happened upon this brightly colored cafeteria style restaurant on a recent trip to L A. The food was fresh, they have wonderful choice, amazing favors, you can chose as much or as little as you want. I had couscous salad, a cup of delicious chicken and vegetables, and and a salad of dark greens with candied pecans. My dining pals all loved their choices too. It was quick, easy and really delicious. Oh, I can not forget my blueberry lemonade...wow, and many others to choose from.

SanJoseDelCabo
“Unique Dinning Experience!”
Reviewed 11 December 2012

My very first time in what appeared to be a fast food cafe to find an incredible array of the freshest, healthiest, eye poping, "Foodies" delight in a buffet line! Portions served in full or half, so you could select as many or as few as you chose walking down this heavenly aisle of truly Gourmet, mouth watering food selections! It was like go to a 5 star restaurant for a "Tasting Meal" Each bite of the several selections I chose was layered with various textures and tastes! Absolutely one of my favorites when in Pasadena!

1 Thank wowme2
Boston, Massachusetts
“Combinations you would never think of yourself . . .”
Reviewed 27 November 2012

I had lunch "to go" yesterday at Lemonade in Pasadena. This was my third time eating there. The first encounter with Lemonade was in Venice CA when I literally went in for some lemonade. They have more versions of it than you can imagine, but what really stands out for me is the variety of salads and combinations of foods. It's a cafeteria style service, very much like the tavola caldas of Italy but the choices far outnumber anything I've seen there. And you can order half-portions so you get to sample lots of things. Yesterday I had spaghetti squash salad with faro (spelt) and cranberries, two different kinds of couscous, a pasta/tomato/mozzarella salad, and a spicy version of macaroni and cheese. My son ordered a wide mix of dishes, too, including chicken chile which was delicious. The decor is lively, the place is humming and the food is so fresh. Also, with so much variety they offer tastes of the dishes so you can see if you like something before buying. Very efficient and delicious whether you do it as take out or eat in.

• Visited November 2012