“You are a beer bar. To charge for samples of beers is ridiculous:”

Congregation Ale House
Ranked #40 of 799 Restaurants in Pasadena
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Reviewed 4 October 2018 via mobile

So, ive been here a couple of times. I’ve never had an issue until tonight. That had a double ipa on nitro. Knowing how bad things can go with nitro and ipa, I asked for a taste. I was told they couldn’t provide me a taste but I could BUY one for three dollars. I asked if they were serious and they said yes. As I didn’t want to look like a jerk, I said ok. The beer was horrible and the sample is sitting at the end of the bar. No one offered another beer, asked how it was, etc. most reputable beer bars will give you a sample. This place is clearly not reputable. There are some other great beer bars in Pasadena. This is not one of them. Sad as the staff is great but the policies are not.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 27 August 2018

I was expecting plenty of beer choices in a place like this, and that was definitely the case. But the food was soooooo great! I was sorry, I could only have one choice! I was overly pleased with my burger, and there were multiple versions to choose from. I made mine spicy!!!!
I can't wait to get back to the area and try some of the other choices. If I lived close to this place, I would be in trouble. (And a little chubby) ;-)

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

I enjoy going to Congregation Ale House with our two dogs. Super dog friendly. Try sitting outside on the patio. Enjoy great pub food and interesting new people. A very friendly, comfortable place. Even my dogs recommend this place!

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

You can pick over 20 draft beers and if you don't know they will help you with your choice. Had the beer cheese nachos and they were really good.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 5 March 2018

This Alehouse is so much more than we expected; it has a huge selection of lager, ales and great coffee choices. The menu fits the pub-like ambience which has a younger lively vibe. Tasty burger combinations, amply stuffed sandwiches, appetizers are great too. Patio dining, too. Easy to get to and parking is free, right out front !

Date of visit: April 2017